2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Just signed documents for a 216dGT. Delivery around 1st week June.

According to SA explanation, you will be eligible for the BSI+ package if you work for one of their corporate client companies. Unfortunately, I don't so can't opt for it.

Can't wait for delivery!

I collected my ride just earlier this month and although I'm not a Corp client, I signed and paid $2k++ for the BSI+.

U guys may want to chk with the Sales Mgr.

↡ Advertisement

How is your experience using the BMW advanced Eye camera?

I heard that you may need to format the SD card every 3 weeks? Otherwise, it will prompt you for defragmentation.

Is that very irritating? Is there any way to resolve this issue?

I face this problem every time, think every 2 weeks need to format. So far no way to resolve this..especially if you trigger it's event recording (sometimes when you drive over hump in a fast manner) the files will be saved in different folder and can only be reformat to erase them completely.

I was searching online for information regarding the AdvancedCarEye.. but found very little documentation.

The installation instructions found here indicated software update if firmware is "earlier than V1.01-1.4".

I haven't received my car yet so can't check the firmware version or try the software update.

Can someone check the firmware on your AdvancedCarEye and post here please?

post-95766-0-33542200-1495600304_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Does anyone managed to send location from Google Map directly into your BMW ConnectedDrive map?

I send directly from the BMW Connected App on my iphone to the car navigation system. The phone just needs to be connected when you get into the car. And I can save the destination on the app beforehand if I know where I was going.

Just signed documents for a 216dGT. Delivery around 1st week June.

According to SA explanation, you will be eligible for the BSI+ package if you work for one of their corporate client companies. Unfortunately, I don't so can't opt for it.

Can't wait for delivery!

Hi, very new to BMW but found this car seems to be great.

216dGT means a 7 seater MPV? Can share with me the final price for this car? Or can PM me if not convenient to post here. 

TIA. 

• Praise 1

216dGT means a 7 seater MPV? Can share with me the final price for this car? Or can PM me if not convenient to post here.

TIA.

I paid around 153k after overtrade.

5 year warranty and 5 year BSI.

Going to top up for BSI+

COE dropped.

You might get a better price this weekend.

PM me if you need SE contact.

Mine is pretty good.

• Praise 1

I send directly from the BMW Connected App on my iphone to the car navigation system. The phone just needs to be connected when you get into the car. And I can save the destination on the app beforehand if I know where I was going.

Sorry for not being clear. If you open up Google map and search for a particular location subsequently clicking on the "share" icon, ConnectedDrive is actually there. So meaning instead of searching on your connected drive app and send to your car, you can send using google map onto your connected drive mobile app and then to your car.

cannot seem to find many address using BMW connected drive app.

Sorry for not being clear. If you open up Google map and search for a particular location subsequently clicking on the "share" icon, ConnectedDrive is actually there. So meaning instead of searching on your connected drive app and send to your car, you can send using google map onto your connected drive mobile app and then to your car.

How do u share from google maps? I just tried but can't seem to find it.

I have not had issues with the BMW app in terms of places. Have always found what I needed.

I paid around 153k after overtrade.

5 year warranty and 5 year BSI.

Going to top up for BSI+

COE dropped.

You might get a better price this weekend.

PM me if you need SE contact.

Mine is pretty good.

Hi, any other freebies thrown in @ 153k after over-trade? I guess you secured your COE for this round at $46.6k?

Cheers!

• Praise 1

Supercharged

TIA.

Its a very drivable mpv. One of the best mpv in handling. Not too bad interior too. Plus its a bmw.

But its cramped mind u.... so if u r used to odyssey. Alphard. Estima size, u wil find this small.

If u dun mind a 34000km. Almost 1yr old black with beige interior 2gt. Let me know. I sell u

Lol

• Praise 1

Ah so what my SE said to me holds truth then just that he was not clear in his message ... wonder why do they limit only to these category

Btw anyone used the map to navigate in KL? Is it accurate?

I used the BMW connected drive map when I was in KL and state of Pahang last month. It was pretty accurate....

• Praise 2

Finally after some back and forth, this is how you can send map to you BMW ConnectedDrive :)

If you are using your desktop to send the location to your vehicle, kindly use the following steps:

1)     On Google Maps, search for your preferred location.

2)     Once the location has been found, click on the ‘Send To Your Phone’ option.

3)     Then, click on the ‘car’ icon that you have created. (If you have not created one, kindly click here to create one) [https://www.google.com.au/maps/sendtocar]

4)     Then, click ‘Send’.

5)     Then on your iDrive, click on the ‘ConnectedDrive’ option.

6)     Then, click on ‘Messages’.

7)     You should be able to see the location that you have searched and sent earlier.

8)     You may then click on it and route your destination to the location.

I tried and it works!!

• Praise 1

Finally after some back and forth, this is how you can send map to you BMW ConnectedDrive :)

If you are using your desktop to send the location to your vehicle, kindly use the following steps:

1) On Google Maps, search for your preferred location.

2) Once the location has been found, click on the âSend To Your Phoneâ option.

3) Then, click on the âcarâ icon that you have created. (If you have not created one, kindly click here to create one) [https://www.google.com.au/maps/sendtocar]

4) Then, click âSendâ.

5) Then on your iDrive, click on the âConnectedDriveâ option.

6) Then, click on âMessagesâ.

7) You should be able to see the location that you have searched and sent earlier.

8) You may then click on it and route your destination to the location.

I tried and it works!!

Sounds very leh chey... if I have my phone I think I will just use the BMW app.
  • Praise 1

How do u share from google maps? I just tried but can't seem to find it.

I have not had issues with the BMW app in terms of places. Have always found what I needed.

1. After you click the "share" icon, a list of apps will pop up. The top list below the AirDrop icon.
  2. If the BWM Connected app is not in the list, go to the right side and click "More". A list of apps will be shown, showing some with green ("enabled") button and others white.
  3. Then find the BMW Connected app in the list and turn the button to green.
  4. After that can send the location from Google Map to the car via the BMW Connected app liao.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 1

The BMW Connected app (I use Android version) uses Google maps for location searches. I find it more straight forward to launch the app, search and send to the vehicle.

Neutral Newbie

Its a very drivable mpv. One of the best mpv in handling. Not too bad interior too. Plus its a bmw.

But its cramped mind u.... so if u r used to odyssey. Alphard. Estima size, u wil find this small.

If u dun mind a 34000km. Almost 1yr old black with beige interior 2gt. Let me know. I sell u

Lol

Just curious bro, why u selling after one year?
↡ Advertisement