2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Hi all, can i know for battery replacement usually how much will it cost for 2 series?

Go a couple of pages back..some Bros mentioned...

Pml roughly $800 and outside $400...

Have a great weekend ahead...

If your battery 2 years old already, time to change.

Mine is... just asked pml to check in Feb and they say is fine! Touchwood....

Was hoping to change for free...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Is your engine auto-cutoff when stop at traffic lights still working?

If not,pml said its because the batteries are not fully charged, and sign of deteriorating.

Unfortunately, the annoying engine auto-cutoff still working fine. But as I said in earlier post, I am going up north to Malaysia and don't want to have a flat battery in a foreign land, so just asking if anyone has changed their 216D GT battery.

If your battery 2 years old already, time to change.

My GT is exactly two years old and I have just gone to PML for normal oil change servicing.  They called later to ask if I want to change front brake pads ($500) and front tyres ($300 each piece for Pirelli P7 run flat).  I politely declined as I guess it would be cheaper outside, now that we don't have to worry about warranty.  But they did not ask me about battery change, so presumably it's ok.

• Praise 1

My GT is exactly two years old and I have just gone to PML for normal oil change servicing.  They called later to ask if I want to change front brake pads ($500) and front tyres ($300 each piece for Pirelli P7 run flat).  I politely declined as I guess it would be cheaper outside, now that we don't have to worry about warranty.  But they did not ask me about battery change, so presumably it's ok.

Who tell you not to worry about warranty?

Tyre not worries.

Front brake pad might raise warranty issue.

Supercharged

Brake pads just buy from kaki bukit. I cant rem the name though.

Need your chassis no though.

200bucks range i tink.

Workshops at most charge 50 to 80bucks to change and whalaa...

Resetted and good to go

Neutral Newbie

Anyone went down to the PML today to book it? from online advertising,there is an offer for 2 series at $138,888. Should be considering good deal at this price

• Praise 1

(edited)

Anyone went down to the PML today to book it? from online advertising,there is an offer for 2 series at $138,888. Should be considering good deal at this price

Just my guess that it would be the Business edition petrol 216GT n that price normally means less off car cam, free svc, solar film n inclusive of OT. This is PML usual style when advertising rock bottom prices esp at car shows etc n cos next week is Cars at Expo, so this could be pre show price offered but do check it out as I could be wrong.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

Just my guess that it would be the Business edition petrol 216GT n that price normally means less off car cam, free svc, solar film n inclusive of OT. This is PML usual style when advertising rock bottom prices esp at car shows etc n cos next week is Cars at Expo, so this could be pre show price offered but do check it out as I could be wrong.

If it's true that is without camera and solar film, I find it a good deal,..can get better camera outside, and their standard solar film is crappy too,...for 1-2k can fix these 2 things outside with pretty good quality ones too.

At this price range, it's a decent bargain.

They could also be clearing stocks in anticipation of the new FL model...

• Praise 1

Brake pads just buy from kaki bukit. I cant rem the name though.

Need your chassis no though.

200bucks range i tink.

Workshops at most charge 50 to 80bucks to change and whalaa...

Resetted and good to go

BMW Stockist?

Eng Soon Auto Pte Ltd?

This pricing should be after overtrade for 216i Basic Edition.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

If it's true that is without camera and solar film, I find it a good deal,..can get better camera outside, and their standard solar film is crappy too,...for 1-2k can fix these 2 things outside with pretty good quality ones too.

At this price range, it's a decent bargain.

They could also be clearing stocks in anticipation of the new FL model...

Yes, for the price $138,888 is for the basic model 216GT at previous stated price of $150,888....with condition to use their loan, trade in used car with over trade which therefore comes out with the 12k diff.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Yes, for the price $138,888 is for the basic model 216GT at previous stated price of $150,888....with condition to use their loan, trade in used car with over trade which therefore comes out with the 12k diff.

ohh, didn't realise the listed price is now 150k....thot in the region of 160k....my bad.

if at this price of 150k...nothing to shout at leh....no promo also can get this price if you bargain hard enough...hehheheh

somemore basic model leh....difficult to accept vs the lux model..that one comes with all the bells and whistle..

if got the moolah, wait for the FL....I think that should be nice....only thing is the GB is also different, as some like the current GB, and some like the new FL ones....

if possible get the HUD, that should make yr ride stand out from the crowd...

I am considering to get at the current promotion price.....can share how much you got yours?

I just bought a new 216i GT. Any group chat that i can join?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am considering to get at the current promotion price.....can share how much you got yours?

PM me? I just registered so can't PM.

Neutral Newbie

Unfortunately, the annoying engine auto-cutoff still working fine. But as I said in earlier post, I am going up north to Malaysia and don't want to have a flat battery in a foreign land, so just asking if anyone has changed their 216D GT battery.

My GT is exactly two years old and I have just gone to PML for normal oil change servicing. They called later to ask if I want to change front brake pads ($500) and front tyres ($300 each piece for Pirelli P7 run flat). I politely declined as I guess it would be cheaper outside, now that we don't have to worry about warranty. But they did not ask me about battery change, so presumably it's ok.

PML servicing quoted my colleagues 216D 17inch front 2 RFT tyres replacement @$1536...wow

(edited)

PML servicing quoted my colleagues 216D 17inch front 2 RFT tyres replacement @$1536...wow

Get replacement outside.  Why need to go to PML?

Mine is the ugly 205/60/16.  I checked TyrePac and it $221 per piece for Continental Premium Contact 5 RFT.

I am sure even for 17", it cannot be as expensive as PML's prices.

BTW, I am sending my car in on Friday for my 1st servicing.  I intend to take up the BMW service inclusive plus, using my $500 voucher to offset.

I already have 5 years free servicing.  Do I have to pay the full price of $2,400 or is there a top-up price?

Edited by Madmax67
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Front 2 for $1,500!!! Better go outside

Get replacement outside. Why need to go to PML?

Mine is the ugly 205/60/16. I checked TyrePac and it $221 per piece for Continental Premium Contact 5 RFT.

I am sure even for 17", it cannot be as expensive as PML's prices.

BTW, I am sending my car in on Friday for my 1st servicing. I intend to take up the BMW service inclusive plus, using my $500 voucher to offset.

I already have 5 years free servicing. Do I have to pay the full price of $2,400 or is there a top-up price?

Wow 5yrs free servicing! That's very good.... Abd purchase the plus, the really problem free for 5 yrs!!

I am sure they can net off the price from yr voucher..

↡ Advertisement