2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

216GT owners and tire experts. I need your advice.

I did my 1st servicing today. When I collected my ride, I asked the service advisor if they had rotated my tires. He said that BMW does not recommend tire rotation.

I am on stock Goodyear 205/60/16 RFT.

Do you do tire rotation for your ride?

I checked the internet and there seems to be 2 camps.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

i did my tyre rotation at pml more than a year ago for around $38. they did not discourage me from doing it.

Neutral Newbie

Just booked the 2GT. Can someone add me to the telegram group? Thanks! My hp is Nine one nine one zero zero two eight.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi ,

Just booked the 216iGT. Can someone add me to the chat group? Thanks! My hp num is Nine 3 eight 2 2 six 2 5

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi.

I booked a 216iGT last week. Can I join the whatsapp group. Please add me at 92392722. Thanks!

Cheers!

Hey Folks!

Getting my 216i this sunday! Any grpchat or telegram to join? Care to add me @ N|ne s|x 4 three 0Ne Se\/enty-Se\/en Zer0?

Thanks!!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros,

I booked a 216iGT. Can I join the whatsapp chat group. Please add me at 97320087. Thanks!

Cheers! [:)] 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys just booked my 216iGT...can add me in whatsapp and telegram please. N|ne one 0ne 8 six 5 zer0 zer0

• Praise 1

Hello All

Just collected my 216i yesterday.

Need advice from peers.

Does anyone experiencing your 216 with slight vibration when you release your brake? The feeling is a bit like mild half clutch pending for gas pedal to be pressed? But once gas pedal is pressed, the slight vibration goes away.

Note: The auto-idle engine function is not on (can understand the off/on idle engine with vibration but not when it is off).

Hello All

Just collected my 216i yesterday.

Need advice from peers.

Does anyone experiencing your 216 with slight vibration when you release your brake? The feeling is a bit like mild half clutch pending for gas pedal to be pressed? But once gas pedal is pressed, the slight vibration goes away.

Note: The auto-idle engine function is not on (can understand the off/on idle engine with vibration but not when it is off).

It is normal. BMW have stated that it is not an issue. What i suspect is the gearbox might not be programmed well. So the car feels like dying off. (In short the engine vibrates to signal it has not enough power)

As long as it does not dies I guess is ok. You can feedback to your SA when you send for service.

• Praise 1

It is normal. BMW have stated that it is not an issue. What i suspect is the gearbox might not be programmed well. So the car feels like dying off. (In short the engine vibrates to signal it has not enough power)

As long as it does not dies I guess is ok. You can feedback to your SA when you send for service.

Thanks Buddy! Will check with my SA.

I actually experienced the opposite.  When I stepped on the brake, there is a increased vibration midway from the 1st instance I stepped to the full stop.  I find it very irritating.  I was thinking of making an appointment with BMW.

Anyone else has this observation?  

Another thing I find is the there is a lot of plastic clicking sounds I turned on the car and aircon when the car interior is warm.  I suspect it is the contraction of the plastic.  Anyone has this observation as well?

• Praise 1

Thanks Buddy! Will check with my SA.

Try disabling the auto start stop when you start the car. It is next to the ignition start button.

I think that will help.

I actually experienced the opposite. When I stepped on the brake, there is a increased vibration midway from the 1st instance I stepped to the full stop. I find it very irritating. I was thinking of making an appointment with BMW.

Anyone else has this observation?

Another thing I find is the there is a lot of plastic clicking sounds I turned on the car and aircon when the car interior is warm. I suspect it is the contraction of the plastic. Anyone has this observation as well?

Not sure if it is the same. My car will vibrate before it comes to a full stop.

It is still an irritation to me. I have mentioned to PML twice during my servicing. But they cannot find the cause.

But if I step on the brake lighter before it comes to a stop, then it is not so bad.

I also have the problem that the car vibrates a lot at cold start. Was told it is normal for diesel.

• Praise 1

It is still an irritation to me. I have mentioned to PML twice during my servicing. But they cannot find the cause.

But if I step on the brake lighter before it comes to a stop, then it is not so bad.

I also have the problem that the car vibrates a lot at cold start. Was told it is normal for diesel.

when you send it in for servicing, ask them to check the engine mounting.....mine was changed and is not superb! 

• Praise 1

Like I said. I suspect it is a gearbox coding issue where they do not know if the car is stopping or the gear should switch to first gear or neutral?

Just report to pml. Right side Engine mounts do wear out. No harm asking the sa when you send it in.

In short now choice to suck it up to live with the diesel vibration but enjoying the affordable fuel savings.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1