2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

I found out that you can retrofit original BMW TPMS. But it comes with a price.

With regards to the VES, as long as if the car delivered before July. You will enjoy the 10K rebate. I know I did when I received my car last week.

The retrofit cost you 1.4k. Outside tpms less than 300.
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The retrofit cost you 1.4k. Outside tpms less than 300.

any idea how they remember the correct tyre after rotation in the tpms? ask for coding reset?

• Praise 1

any idea how they remember the correct tyre after rotation in the tpms? ask for coding reset?

They will auto detect. My tpms can auto detect itself. So Bmw one should be the same.

I do agree with you that the 216i has a lack of torque. The Diesel model will have a better drive. Before you shoot me down to said that I am not a car guy, I used to drive a Euro-R and do tracking. I was featured in torque magazine before on a modification article. I used to frequent workshops and do roundings.

But you must understand that this is an MPV, PML did not bring in the 220i or 220d model due to cost. Thus, the current 216i is a bit lacking in high end drive (No offence to all 216i). At low ends, The drive is still sufficent I feel due to the twin scroll turbos. You should had gotten the 218i, which has a better drive. Like you said, 216i or the AT/GT beats hands down on any new MPVs. I can't think of a better handling new MPV currently.

I had requested pml to bring in the 220i or 220d but was rejected. Hence, I had no choice but to bring in the first msports 216d. Upside is that the car is a little nicer with the bodkit and the msports steering wheels feesl really good. I did not want to go PI so had no choice to accept the 216d, which is sufficent for a daily drive.

You can always get the x5, which has a better drive and definately more powerful than your current touran. Pricewise may be twice more, but then again, if you are looking for performance, nothing beats the x5. Until the x7 comes out.

Hoped you are happy with your touran. The current 7 speed DSG issue should have been solved with the wet gearbox, but I hope time can prove it. I am sure people here are happy with their 216 too, Aisin gearbox is robust and I am confident enough to say so far no issues for me.

I see Icetrap, much respect to you. Just curious, what car do you drive? I am not saying that i need crazy power but considering the fact that i drive almost fully loaded to genting few times monthly, i must say the touran is just acceptable. Not only is it more powerful, it also has more space. Bro my cayenne turbo might be 3 y/o already but it still has a lot of pull. 0-100 takes around 4.5 sec and i did not buy the x5 just because it cannot match the performance of my cayenne(built quality is also not on par) and the third row is pretty much redundant IMHO(hope you agree too) . Hence i just want a pretty reasonable 6 seater and decent performance. I have bad experience with PI hence did  not buy the 220i(small 3rd row also). Are you driving the 216i or 216d?? 

(edited)

I see Icetrap, much respect to you. Just curious, what car do you drive? I am not saying that i need crazy power but considering the fact that i drive almost fully loaded to genting few times monthly, i must say the touran is just acceptable. Not only is it more powerful, it also has more space. Bro my cayenne turbo might be 3 y/o already but it still has a lot of pull. 0-100 takes around 4.5 sec and i did not buy the x5 just because it cannot match the performance of my cayenne(built quality is also not on par) and the third row is pretty much redundant IMHO(hope you agree too) . Hence i just want a pretty reasonable 6 seater and decent performance. I have bad experience with PI hence did not buy the 220i(small 3rd row also). Are you driving the 216i or 216d??

Hi bro, i drive the 216d.

You need to compare apples to apples. I think 216 will be a good option vs touran..I was comparing the MPV option vs toruan.unfortunately for Bmw x5 is the only option for 7 seater till the x7 comes out.

If you want to compare the Porsche then other options open up with that pricing.

You should compare the x5m vs Porsche which is a good match. Of course, brandwise Porsche is better and i am sure most brothers will agree. Here is a link below for x5m vs Porsche. But i am not here to say which car is better. Bottomlime is, money is yours, you decide. There is always a better car money can buy if rhe sky is the limit.

www.autoguide.com/car-comparisons/bmw-x5-m-vs-porsche-cayenne-turbo-s-vs-range-rover-sport-svr/amp

Edited by Icetrap

They will auto detect. My tpms can auto detect itself. So Bmw one should be the same.

Just wondering what TPMS are you using?

My first mod ð

Nice

Btw can anyone advise if we can use liqui moly Ceratec lubricant for our 216d engine?

(edited)

Hi bro, i drive the 216d.

You need to compare apples to apples. I think 216 will be a good option vs touran..I was comparing the MPV option vs toruan.unfortunately for Bmw x5 is the only option for 7 seater till the x7 comes out.

If you want to compare the Porsche then other options open up with that pricing.

You should compare the x5m vs Porsche which is a good match. Of course, brandwise Porsche is better and i am sure most brothers will agree. Here is a link below for x5m vs Porsche. But i am not here to say which car is better. Bottomlime is, money is yours, you decide. There is always a better car money can buy if rhe sky is the limit.

www.autoguide.com/car-comparisons/bmw-x5-m-vs-porsche-cayenne-turbo-s-vs-range-rover-sport-svr/amp

Yes bro thx for the link, some how fond of Vw group, hows the performance of the x5m btw? I look to trade in my mx-5 rf for a Kia stinger 3.3 v6 what do you think? My touran is a shared family car , so is the porsche. Personal car is the mx-5 bro, happy with the Touran since day 1, might not be as fast as the Cayenne but certainly outdoes the Bmw 216/218 both i &d. Hope you can give the VW touran a try when you have the avail time? You seem like an expert in cars, keen to see if you know if importing the Sq7 is possible as it has super good specs and can ferry 7, sort of combining the cayenne turbo and the touran, good idea? May be considering next year since just collected touran not long ago haha

Edited by opgamerkkhk

(edited)

Yes bro thx for the link, some how fond of Vw group, hows the performance of the x5m btw? I look to trade in my mx-5 rf for a Kia stinger 3.3 v6 what do you think? My touran is a shared family car , so is the porsche. Personal car is the mx-5 bro, happy with the Touran since day 1, might not be as fast as the Cayenne but certainly outdoes the Bmw 216/218 both i &d. Hope you can give the VW touran a try when you have the avail time? You seem like an expert in cars, keen to see if you know if importing the Sq7 is possible as it has super good specs and can ferry 7, sort of combining the cayenne turbo and the touran, good idea? May be considering next year since just collected touran not long ago haha

I test drove the Sharan. It was a good drive .

I used to drive a gti. So i know how vw handles. Stinger is a good car but tourer.

If budget is ok, go for the 5 series. It handles really well.

Just wondering what TPMS are you using?

Orange Edited by Icetrap

I test drove the Sharan. It was a good drive .

I used to drive a gti. So i know how vw handles.

I see bro, why test drive Sharan but go for the 216d? save on gas? Curious to see whats your view on the Stinger 3.3 and the Arteon, going to test drive both this weekend, which will you take, your reply times are really short, very remarkable bro, keep it up!!

I see bro, why test drive Sharan but go for the 216d? save on gas? Curious to see whats your view on the Stinger 3.3 and the Arteon, going to test drive both this weekend, which will you take, your reply times are really short, very remarkable bro, keep it up!!

Gas is one sure thing with 216d.... another is turning radius and handling for a FWD platform. Can’t fault BMW and I must say a very good job done. Btw I just change to 18” rims and see if it behaves the same.

I used to own 2 VWs.... I ditch them after my first BMWs.

Nice

Btw can anyone advise if we can use liqui moly Ceratec lubricant for our 216d engine?

Why use this liqui stuff?

Gas is one sure thing with 216d.... another is turning radius and handling for a FWD platform. Can’t fault BMW and I must say a very good job done. Btw I just change to 18” rims and see if it behaves the same.

I used to own 2 VWs.... I ditch them after my first BMWs.

Why use this liqui stuff?

hey voxy just curious, if you want pure handling why not try something cheaper like a mazda 5? What made you want a BMW over  VW  or Audi? For turning radius? touran not that bad eh

Sharan felt too big. Handling of the 216d was better than the Sharan.

You need to drive the diesel model than you will understand why the 216d is quite a nice drive.

Touran was not available during that time.

Test drive is free. I have tried many cars . i liked the Passat actually but for family reasons i got the 216d.

Handling wise Bmw is really good. I think they stinger is good, but still pales compared to Bmw or vw

(edited)

hey voxy just curious, if you want pure handling why not try something cheaper like a mazda 5? What made you want a BMW over VW or Audi? For turning radius? touran not that bad eh

Well.. I tested a few of them and not really entice me to put the money there. Also this is wifey car and she decides and I do some depreciation finances and we took the 2 series... just preference for the drive, engine, gas counters, space and the badge for my wifey. Lol

For me, I am still thinking..,,

Edited by Voxy28

Well.. I tested a few of them and not really entice me to put the money there. Also this is wifey car and she decides and I do some depreciation finances and we took the 2 series... just preference for the drive, engine, gas counters, space and the badge for my wifey. Lol

For me, I am still thinking..,,

Haha i see bro your wifey haha, how bout you get your own set of wheels? i suggest a Kia Stinger? I am going for a test drive this weekend alongside the Vw Arteon, you keen?

Sharan felt too big. Handling of the 216d was better than the Sharan.

You need to drive the diesel model than you will understand why the 216d is quite a nice drive.

Touran was not available during that time.

Test drive is free. I have tried many cars . i liked the Passat actually but for family reasons i got the 216d.

Handling wise Bmw is really good. I think they stinger is good, but still pales compared to Bmw or vw

hey bro, really keen to test drive the 216d but seems impossible now unless you go to the black market aka PI. Id loved to have the passat to but its not my own car and have to have at least six seats. Looking forward to the test drive this weekend, how did you know about the handling of the stinger, did you test it alr? Which variant did you test? Hope to hear from you soon!

• Praise 1

Haha i see bro your wifey haha, how bout you get your own set of wheels? i suggest a Kia Stinger? I am going for a test drive this weekend alongside the Vw Arteon, you keen?

hey bro, really keen to test drive the 216d but seems impossible now unless you go to the black market aka PI. Id loved to have the passat to but its not my own car and have to have at least six seats. Looking forward to the test drive this weekend, how did you know about the handling of the stinger, did you test it alr? Which variant did you test? Hope to hear from you soon!

Read many reviews of the stinger. Followed it before behind and saw how it handles.

You can test the 216 active tourer. Should still have the diesel model.

• Praise 1

Read many reviews of the stinger. Followed it before behind and saw how it handles.

You can test the 216 active tourer. Should still have the diesel model.

Sure bro, will head down to BMW this weekend, will you be there? Which will you take, Stinger 3.3L v6 or Arteon 2.0T? Can i know why too?

↡ Advertisement