2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

(edited)

Hi guys, 

Thinking of changing my Active Tourer stock 17" rims to 18" rims. Anybody done this before? How's the ride is it harder? 

I change mine to 18" not much diff.... i chose a light rim to begin with

Edited by Voxy28
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

Thinking of changing my Active Tourer stock 17" rims to 18" rims. Anybody done this before? How's the ride is it harder?

If RFT to RFT, should be no diff.

If RFT to non-RFT, it should be more comfy.

Hi guys, 

Thought Stock is 16"? Changed my 16" to 18" non-rft  in Jan this year. Braking and road holding is better for me.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi..am a newbies here....was thinking of getting a yr 2015 218i...any master here able to advise what r the pro n con for this batch.. thk u all in advance

• Praise 1

Hi..am a newbies here....was thinking of getting a yr 2015 218i...any master here able to advise what r the pro n con for this batch.. thk u all in advance

Why not get 216d?  Good torque and diesel is cheaper.

Neutral Newbie

Why not get 216d? Good torque and diesel is cheaper.

Thks for the input bro... i am not sure abt diesel car technology... cos to me, when talk abt diesel, i will think of taxi..noisy and problematic... i am not sure as i am a noob abt all these..

Thks for the input bro... i am not sure abt diesel car technology... cos to me, when talk abt diesel, i will think of taxi..noisy and problematic... i am not sure as i am a noob abt all these..

Many europe cars are now diesel.  Since you are getting pre-loved car, I would recommend you get diesel.  Though road tax is more expensive, the fuel savings will definitely help.

There are quite a number available in Sgcarmart with registration date in 2015/2016.

Any owners here driving the 218i? Any feedback on this model?

Planned to get an used one. I like more of the look than GLA180 or B180.

Too bad now only the dealer only selling the diesel variant.

GLA180 or B180 seems so bare on features too when comparing with 218i.

Await for existing owners to feedback on any major issues with 218i.

Thanks

• Praise 1

(edited)

The newer 216d comes with more features and better FC so go check it out before committing. I use to do 8L/100km on qashqai 1.2t for ferrying kids and family. Now it is 14.5L/100km. Fuel is also cheap.... if u do long distance travel, it’s gonna be 16L/100km for diesel.

The bmw Diesel engine is pretty good, good torque mated with good drivetrain + good driving height. In the cabin, u hardly notice the Diesel engine sound. Wifey enjoying it, even my dad as he occasionally help to pick up the kids. So far our best family car.... base on my budget.

My only problem is torque steer bec I am quite aggressive driving off.....

Edited by Voxy28
  • Praise 1

The newer 216d comes with more features and better FC so go check it out before committing. I use to do 8L/100km on qashqai 1.2t for ferrying kids and family. Now it is 14.5L/100km. Fuel is also cheap.... if u do long distance travel, itâs gonna be 16L/100km for diesel.

The bmw Diesel engine is pretty good, good torque mated with good drivetrain + good driving height. In the cabin, u hardly notice the Diesel engine sound. Wifey enjoying it, even my dad as he occasionally help to pick up the kids. So far our best family car.... base on my budget.

My only problem is torque steer bec I am quite aggressive driving off..... ð but not an issue if u donât floor it.

I just switched from a qashqai 2.0 to 216d.

No regrets. Inside the 216d cabin, I can hardly hear any noise at all (it feels similar to inside the qashqai cabin).

In terms of fuel, my QQ2.0 was doing 11.3km/l, My 216d is doing 16.4km/l.

For me, the switch to diesel works; besides I have also driven diesel cars while I was travelling and had really good impression of diesel tech.

• Praise 1

PM no more 216d gran tourer only active tourer. a PM SE confirmed that with me. guess if really want 216d gran tourer need go PI route

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Is the 216d AT at PML today the face lifted or newer one?

What is the difference between this and the older version?

• Praise 1

(edited)

I just switched from a qashqai 2.0 to 216d.

No regrets. Inside the 216d cabin, I can hardly hear any noise at all (it feels similar to inside the qashqai cabin).

In terms of fuel, my QQ2.0 was doing 11.3km/l, My 216d is doing 16.4km/l.

For me, the switch to diesel works; besides I have also driven diesel cars while I was travelling and had really good impression of diesel tech.

Check with my kids, they think the sitting height is about same as QQ with more legroom. They also enjoying it so I think we made the right choice for the switch. Sit like SUV but pay the price of a sedan... those looking at compact SUV should try it. lol

Only bumper styling changed, the rest I believe no change unless they throw in more options.

Edited by Voxy28

Normally LCI version will have better options

You can request the equipment list from PML

Since coe is lower, the overtrade should be higher as well

• Praise 1

The newer 216d comes with more features and better FC so go check it out before committing. I use to do 8L/100km on qashqai 1.2t for ferrying kids and family. Now it is 14.5L/100km. Fuel is also cheap.... if u do long distance travel, it’s gonna be 16L/100km for diesel.

My only problem is torque steer bec I am quite aggressive driving off.....

Made a mistake should be 8km/L for QQ and 14.5km/L for 216d. Paiseh

Yup, I also made the switch from Qashqai 1.2T to 216d end May and never looked back.

Test Driven both 216d and 216i, driving characteristics about the same. 216d have edge at low rpms, pick up pretty good, whereas at 80/90 kmh the 216i cruises easily. Cabin noise 216d on idling slightly louder, but still much muffled.

FC about 16.5km/l highway and city driving combined.

No regrets thus far.

Voxy28 ... u from QQ@whatsapp also ?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Just to check with all bros here, i am planning to get a 2yrs plus car which is still under pml 3yrs warranty. After i get the car, can i send in to pml for them to check all necessary parts before the warranty ends?

(edited)

Just to check with all bros here, i am planning to get a 2yrs plus car which is still under pml 3yrs warranty. After i get the car, can i send in to pml for them to check all necessary parts before the warranty ends?

yes but do not expect pml “seriously” check and claim warranty. probably see see look look and call simi sai 100 points check and if there is obvious failure ... may be will claim warranty.

dont expect much but it’s good thing to do.

if you sibei suay ... after warranty expire

then car start to breakdown

and in most cases ... that’s what happen to bmw

before warranty expire ... the problem is normal

after warranty expire ... need to fix and replace!

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement