2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

13 hours ago, Lycanthrope said:

Hi.. Thinking of buying a used 2015  216d active tourer without warranty... Can i buy?  What are the things to look at 

Am thinking mileage...chances are diesel owners will rack up much more mileage than petrol owners...try to look for a lower mileage one if that is possible... 

On 12/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, Lycanthrope said:

Hi.. Thinking of buying a used 2015  216d active tourer without warranty... Can i buy?  What are the things to look at 

yes, look at mileage. most are like 70-80k kms. if buying from a small dealer better make sure mileage not altered. 

not long ago i got a 216d GT, 30k kms with PML warranty bought by previous owner. these are some things i think you should take a look at:

1) check the horn. mine sounded weird 2 weeks after handover, sent to PML workshop and they replaced it. apparently the left horn broke LOL, sounded damn f funny hahaha!

2) keyless entry system. mine for some reason works intermittently, but to me its not a big problem as i'm used to using key.

3) during test drive, go over hump faster than usual. may be some 'cracking-like' sounds. mine has, PML say need leave car overnight for checks...i suspect something may be loose/worn in the suspension...

4) better to get newer one (2016/2017) with warranty from PML. so many in market, confirm have one with warranty one!! if not, make sure dealer give free servicing at their own workshop.

5) ask for advanced eye camera if it does not come with one! quality damn good!

hope this helps!!

Dear all,

I'm interested in a used 216d Active Tourer, registered in 2016. Warranty already over though.. How's the maintenance cost so far? I've managed to read through this entire thread (you guys are awesome!) and pretty familiar with the Pros (powerful torque at low RPM, gd FC) & Cons (Rattling from outside of car, high rd tax) of diesel so far.

But just wanna find out more about the reliabity of this model, such as:

- Engine oil leak (common among the older BMW models)

- AC compressor problem?

- General longevity of the electronics?

Gearbox I assume should be quite ok due to using Aisin 6spd gearbox.

Hope for valuable advice from you guys! 🙂

Edited by oleoleole
typo

On 12/15/2019 at 9:42 AM, camrysfe said:

216AT @ $144,888 overtrade $19k
216GT @ $150,888 overtrade $18k

May I check for overtrade of 18k, is it considered to be 18k above your trade in car's deregistration value or your trade-in car's value that other dealer may be offering you?

8 hours ago, shev88 said:

May I check for overtrade of 18k, is it considered to be 18k above your trade in car's deregistration value or your trade-in car's value that other dealer may be offering you?

Suggest u get a quote of your existing car from eg Carquotz then see what PML offers and u will then have an idea if the OT is really $18k or not. I suspect what PML offers will be few k lower than what Carquotz offers so that means the OT is not really $18k but few k lower. This my guess only, do let us know.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Suggest u get a quote of your existing car from eg Carquotz then see what PML offers and u will then have an idea if the OT is really $18k or not. I suspect what PML offers will be few k lower than what Carquotz offers so that means the OT is not really $18k but few k lower. This my guess only, do let us know.

or go visit a few other car dealers..

for my case PML offered the highest trade in...even wo the overtrade

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, jk228b said:

or go visit a few other car dealers..

for my case PML offered the highest trade in...even wo the overtrade

It depends on how desperate Pml is on pushing for the new car u r buying 

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

It depends on how desperate Pml is on pushing for the new car u r buying 

base is the same..but OT differs..

Was looking at 2 models, A & B...quoted $X for trade in...

Model A $X + $3K 

Model B $X + $13K...

this was the starting pt before nego...

And yes, model A was the newer one..

↡ Advertisement