2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

23 hours ago, oleoleole said:

Ahh, gd to know! 

I've had friends wanting to buy 216i GT last mth but my PML SE said fully sold out aldy. Only have the newer 218i GT, which is much more expensive. 

Will check with him again, tnx! 

I don’t think PML sells anymore 216i. Like u rightfully pointed out, they now selling 218i which is more ex, I wonder why they did this?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Spring said:

I don’t think PML sells anymore 216i. Like u rightfully pointed out, they now selling 218i which is more ex, I wonder why they did this?

wow, is it....

looks like those who bought have a dino car liao….[laugh]

decent handling, great FC, plenty of space (within the context of BM) ….[laugh]

• Praise 2

It depend what the consumers want.  PML already finish the market for those need space and value for money with BMW badge. Now they have some buyers who need more power and torque for their car.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:31 AM, Archon said:

It depend what the consumers want.  PML already finish the market for those need space and value for money with BMW badge. Now they have some buyers who need more power and torque for their car.

This GT is already more than 5 yrs old and its end will come sooner rather than later. Personally I doubt if buyers would want to buy an aged model with more torque and power when there are newer models like GLB available which is about the same price n more or less the same power/torque as 218i. 

The 216i could sell cos it was going for a fair price though admittedly power/torque was lacking. The diesel version was a gem though.

• Praise 4

Hi,  does anyone know any affordable  bike rack I can use for the trunk of my Gran Tourer? Hoping not to use a BMW one. I checked Saris Compatibility Guide and it seems the Saris ones are not compatible.

8 minutes ago, Icebird said:

Hi,  does anyone know any affordable  bike rack I can use for the trunk of my Gran Tourer? Hoping not to use a BMW one. I checked Saris Compatibility Guide and it seems the Saris ones are not compatible.

Last time I asked, there is no bike rack even BMW ones permissible for the Gran Tourer cos the top part of the rear door has a “spoiler” which is not strong enough to hold it. U can only mount bikes on the roof top I was told. 

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

Last time I asked, there is no bike rack even BMW ones permissible for the Gran Tourer cos the top part of the rear door has a “spoiler” which is not strong enough to hold it. U can only mount bikes on the roof top I was told. 

Tow hook rack.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Icebird said:

But many MPV and SUVs also have the short spoilers.... are BMW ones weaker, I wonder...

Nothing to do with stronger or weaker. It’s the design n position of the car spoiler. U need to see the rear of the GT n u will know that it’s not safe to mount a bike rack there.

Having said that, I’ve seen a GT with one. The owner must hv either been misled or he is taking a risk which is dangerous for other road users if it gets detached. Reputable bike shops won’t allow this. 

• Praise 4

I was googling and i came across the Saris Bones EX, which supposedly works for MPVs with spoilers. It lifts the straps above the spoilers. Anyone tried this?

Edited by Icebird
Error

Neutral Newbie

Just purchased a new but registered 218i GT from one of the dealers 😁

Looking to install the blackvue 590 with cellink but not very sure which is the right installation method (first time installing a dashcam) that will not void the warranty. Read some comments upthread that safest way is to use cellink battery pack and connect it to the cig lighter socket but when I called one of the blackvue authorized installers they said that the dashcam will still be connected to the fuse part of the car just that when in parking mode the dashcam will draw power from the battery pack rather than the car battery? Is this the "safest" installation method? 

1 minute ago, mechu said:

Looking to install the blackvue 590 with cellink but not very sure which is the right installation method (first time installing a dashcam) that will not void the warranty. Read some comments upthread that safest way is to use cellink battery pack and connect it to the cig lighter socket but when I called one of the blackvue authorized installers they said that the dashcam will still be connected to the fuse part of the car just that when in parking mode the dashcam will draw power from the battery pack rather than the car battery? Is this the "safest" installation method? 

My Mini was installed this way.  Had claimed a new battery from Mini.

Neutral Newbie
6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My Mini was installed this way.  Had claimed a new battery from Mini.

Sorry bro can you describe the connection used? Is the right way:

1. dashcam > cellink > hardwired cable to fuse panel 

or 

2. dashcam > cellink > cig lighter socket?

Cos the specs seem to suggest that the default charging cable is the hardwire one to the fuse panel but seems like you can connect either to fuse panel or cig lighter.

image.thumb.png.37386912a43f1e0da5c074212d4e92e2.png

56 minutes ago, mechu said:

Beware ...

Screenshot_2022-04-13-17-05-16-20_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Getting even more confused lol.

Point 1 referred to checks on cigarette lighter socket power supply

Point 2 said vehicle fuse may have been compromised due to installation of third party accessories

So which one is allowed? Can both the dashcam and battery be just connected to the cigarette lighter socket and bypass the fuse panel completely?

If by ' one of the dealers ' you mean PML ,  it is advised to forget all the 3rd party cams under warranty . You will lose your electrical /electronic / battery warranty as recent incidents have proven unless you de-kit every time you go for servicing . 

Edited by shrjun