2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Turbocharged

It looks weird for a BMW... just don't seem like one...

But imo I look at it on its own and yes I agree it looks strange and weird...

But I still think it looks ok! Wouldn't mind driving one!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It looks weird for a BMW... just don't seem like one...

But imo I look at it on its own and yes I agree it looks strange and weird...

But I still think it looks ok! Wouldn't mind driving one!

Build quality of the 2er active tourer is good. clever innovation all round. If the price is similar to B class, this bimmer is a better buy i feel.

• Praise 2

This Bimmer (5 seater) just exceeds CAT A COE by 6bhp.......

1500cc at 136bhp and therefore more expensive than the basic B-Class.

• Praise 3

Anybody know the current price of BMW 2 series Active Tourer 218i form PML. The on the road price after discount (not the list price). Thinking of buying this car cause Cat B price drop $7k. Thanks.

• Praise 2

Should know by Fri, latest Sat. Would think PML will reduce as they increase when COE is up.

PM me if you like informal info on this.

• Praise 2

218i business @ $160,800 vs B180 Style @ $154,888.

218i got keyless entry, engine start button, factory fitted rear view camera, auto tailgate.

Better value than B180?
Any comments? Thanks

• Praise 1

218i got keyless entry, engine start button, factory fitted rear view camera, auto tailgate.

Better value than B180?

Any comments? Thanks

The 218 is in Cat B vs B180 in Cat A, so just on that I feel 218 better value though the COE is almost same now.

Aesthetically I prefer this 218 to the B Class as it has a fresher outlook though the B Class did have a facelift earlier this year. Price has come down abit for 218 despite the reduction in CEVS though I believe the YOM is 2014?

• Praise 7

The 218 is in Cat B vs B180 in Cat A, so just on that I feel 218 better value though the COE is almost same now.

Aesthetically I prefer this 218 to the B Class as it has a fresher outlook though the B Class did have a facelift earlier this year. Price has come down abit for 218 despite the reduction in CEVS though I believe the YOM is 2014?

Yes, I believe YOM is 2014.

PML SE says got incoming stock in Sept and Oct subject to whether color customer picked is among the incoming shipment.

C&C SE says also got incoming stock subject to color available.

So seems that ADs are placing orders in anticipation of customer orders?

Yes, I believe YOM is 2014.

PML SE says got incoming stock in Sept and Oct subject to whether color customer picked is among the incoming shipment.

C&C SE says also got incoming stock subject to color available.

So seems that ADs are placing orders in anticipation of customer orders?

my bad, i meant YOM should be 2015.

• Praise 1

Better value than B180?

Any comments? Thanks

After i look at the idrive of 218, i already sian half way liao.

• Praise 3

Have been considering the 218i Active Tourer and compared with Mercedes B180 Style. Also compared to Nissan X-trail and Mazda CX-5. Leaning towards booking 218i.

What is the Overtrade that you can get? And what other freebies we may negotiate for?

• Praise 4

Have been considering the 218i Active Tourer and compared with Mercedes B180 Style. Also compared to Nissan X-trail and Mazda CX-5. Leaning towards booking 218i.

What is the Overtrade that you can get? And what other freebies we may negotiate for?

The Luxury model is $10k more than the Business one and includes Park assist amongst other extra features, u tried both? Leaning towards which model?

• Praise 13

looks like you have pretty much decided on 218i..just pick a color now! [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

The Luxury model is $10k more than the Business one and includes Park assist amongst other extra features, u tried both? Leaning towards which model?

both the business and luxury will have the active park assist. The difference is mainly:

- Luxury line items - chrome at various places (grill, fog light, rear bumper, around the air outlets, exhaust pipe), door sill, exterior chrome along the window, silver roof rail (instead of black), wood trim on dash.

- Real leather seat (instead of Sensatec)

- navigation (but still same 6.5 in screen)

- enhanced connected drive (i comparing to the business), e.g. Real time traffic.

Showroom car is business line only, for the test drive, I only focus on the driving characteristic, not much attention to the trim level.

Currently leaning toward business line.

• Praise 3

both the business and luxury will have the active park assist. The difference is mainly:

- Luxury line items - chrome at various places (grill, fog light, rear bumper, around the air outlets, exhaust pipe), door sill, exterior chrome along the window, silver roof rail (instead of black), wood trim on dash.

- Real leather seat (instead of Sensatec)

- navigation (but still same 6.5 in screen)

- enhanced connected drive (i comparing to the business), e.g. Real time traffic.

Showroom car is business line only, for the test drive, I only focus on the driving characteristic, not much attention to the trim level.

Currently leaning toward business line.

Ok thks for the info, keep us informed of your decision n what perks they give, good luck!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5