2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Strong bids from BMW.. signed on Monday, COE obtained Wed.. one shot one kill. NG package.

My friend is happy - low price, high COE.

That's great news. Congratulations for your friend are in order then.

s9bPVaK.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The 218i churns out 136hp from the same engine so it can be achieved but as to why the significant differences between different models I'm not sure.

Can anyone please explain the differences between the PML's 216i GT and 218i GT?

I suppose the 218i GT will have different equipment and interior finishes? (what items?)

As for the engines, are they exactly the same engines physically, only with different ECU settings? (This would be the same situation with C&C's E200 and E250)

Sharing time:

When I test drove 216d GT, and then 216i GT (not on the same day, few months ago), I remember being impressed with the cabin noise insulation of the 216d, given that the diesel clatter outdoors was taxi level.  When I tested the 216i GT, I noticed that the outdoors engine noise was impressively quiet at idle, quieter than C&C's E-class, S-class.  When flooring the throttle of the 216i GT, the acceleration was gentle and modest, while the engine noise was surprisingly pleasing, more "atas" sounding than I expected.

• Praise 2

Can anyone please explain the differences between the PML's 216i GT and 218i GT?

I suppose the 218i GT will have different equipment and interior finishes? (what items?)

As for the engines, are they exactly the same engines physically, only with different ECU settings? (This would be the same situation with C&C's E200 and E250)

Sharing time:

When I test drove 216d GT, and then 216i GT (not on the same day, few months ago), I remember being impressed with the cabin noise insulation of the 216d, given that the diesel clatter outdoors was taxi level. When I tested the 216i GT, I noticed that the outdoors engine noise was impressively quiet at idle, quieter than C&C's E-class, S-class. When flooring the throttle of the 216i GT, the acceleration was gentle and modest, while the engine noise was surprisingly pleasing, more "atas" sounding than I expected.

I don’t think PML sells the 218GT but PI does. Other than the higher hp n torque, I don’t think there are any differences in equipment n interior finishes if they are both Luxury line but do bear in mind that getting from PI, connected drive and its suite of options will not be available.

Maybe u can indent from PML for 218GT but likely it will costs a lot more.

• Praise 9

I donât think PML sells the 218GT but PI does. Other than the higher hp n torque, I donât think there are any differences in equipment n interior finishes if they are both Luxury line but do bear in mind that getting from PI, connected drive and its suite of options will not be available.

Maybe u can indent from PML for 218GT but likely it will costs a lot more.

Thank you. I think I didn't hear clearly from the PML SE, I think he mught have said, this year will be last chance to get 216i GT from PML, i.e. from 2018 PML will only sell 218i GT.

Sharing time:

When I test drove 216d GT, and then 216i GT (not on the same day, few months ago), I remember being impressed with the cabin noise insulation of the 216d, given that the diesel clatter outdoors was taxi level. When I tested the 216i GT, I noticed that the outdoors engine noise was impressively quiet at idle, quieter than C&C's E-class, S-class. When flooring the throttle of the 216i GT, the acceleration was gentle and modest, while the engine noise was surprisingly pleasing, more "atas" sounding than I expected.

Reason why 216i GT engine is quieter and more"atas" sounding is because 216i is petrol engine but 216d is diesel.
  • Praise 3

Reason why 216i GT engine is quieter and more"atas" sounding is because 216i is petrol engine but 216d is diesel.

I know.

I meant the 216i had a better engine sound at full throttle, relative to other petrol engines of similar output ratings.

Is it just me?

Edited by Rocky35
  • Praise 3

I know.

I meant the 216i had a better engine sound at full throttle, relative to other petrol engines of similar output ratings.

Is it just me?

I can hear diesel cluttering at least 5m away. Interior sound is minimum for diesel.

the 216i is fine for city driving and normal cruising.  Below 90km/h cruising is less then 2k RPM. usable torque come in as low as 1.2 RPM.

At full throttle , assuming 4k, the sound is decent. No huff and puff motion,

Edited by Archon
  • Praise 3

Helped a good pal get a deal for 135k for the 216D AT.. they are trying to clear stock.

Bro, able to share with me your contact or link up? May be looking to get the 216d too so would like to see whether there are still any deals around. Thanks man.
  • Praise 2

700km-750km around 55 litres

for this size - 55L for 700 km is really good....

my ex ride, can only managed 350-400km!

Then again different generation of engine....and 2.4 vs 1.5T!

Nowadays cars really efficient...

My 216D AT gotten 930km for 55L of diesel  [drivingcar]

if you are lucky 1,000km also can - provided a lot of HW driving.

if full HW driving on eco pro and not a lot of high speed driving, I believe can hit >1,200 km not a problem.. :XD:

• Praise 2

Bro, able to share with me your contact or link up? May be looking to get the 216d too so would like to see whether there are still any deals around. Thanks man.

just drop by the showroom - am sure a lot of offers this few weeks as they would be clearing stocks for the VES..

Replied you

You snooze you lose so go down before it's gone. Not worth it next year. Cheers

• Praise 2

It is best to juz look out for Euro 5 rather than the color.

BHP: Infiniti Euro5 Diesel

Petronas: PETRONAS DYNAMIC DIESEL EURO 5

Shell:  Shell FuelSave Diesel Euro 5

by the way ? whats the diffrent for all the company actually? i felt like is just the same? just see which company gv more points/reward then i will choose for it 

• Praise 3

by the way ? whats the diffrent for all the company actually? i felt like is just the same? just see which company gv more points/reward then i will choose for it

Some pple sensitive enough, swear that they can feel the difference... better response, pick up, quieter, smoother etc...

Me, don't feel any difference, maybe my skin too thick and butt too hard to feel the difference...just me.

im driving BMW 3 series, anyone got recommendation on what brand diesel should i use? that foreman ask me to change from current brand btw.. so how should i compare them ?

What makes him ask you to change? Did he find some fault with the current brand that you are using? Eg damaged any part of the car engine?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1