2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is meant by burn rate is faster?

Does it mean for the same L of diesel the mileage is lower compared to normal diesel mileage?

You get less km per litre of diesel.

Diesel at Cnergy costs $0.78 per litre.

Diesel at Shell costs $1.52 per litre after discount. - http://www.shell.com.sg/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-station-price-board.html

You do your sums and decide which option works best for you.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement

You get less km per litre of diesel.

Diesel at Cnergy costs $0.78 per litre.

Diesel at Shell costs $1.52 per litre after discount. - http://www.shell.com.sg/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-station-price-board.html

You do your sums and decide which option works best for you.

I am getting roughly 750 - 800 km tank at 3/4...and pump roughly 50-55L each time...but have not tried Cnergy before!

Will try one day and will hv a comparison...

Actually i was really curious how is Euro5 different in so many company , but my area only have Petronas which locate near to me, impossible i get so far just for other brand petrol, its just like wasting my petrol and time .. hope other company also provide more Euro5 in my area hehe

what car are you driving? The newer diesel are not designed to take Euro 2-3, in the long run, it might damaged the DPF or other internal parts of the engine.

Unless your car engine is designed to run on Euro2-3, then using euro 5 is not a problem....but if vice versa, I highly suspect in the long run it will not be good...

just my 2 cents here...

• Praise 1

What would be the maintenance/servicing charges by PML for those not in the inclusive servicing package? Japanese SE keep telling me i don't walk out with less than 900? True?

• Praise 2

What would be the maintenance/servicing charges by PML for those not in the inclusive servicing package? Japanese SE keep telling me i don't walk out with less than 900? True?

They having some offers of paying 2 for the price of 3 packages. It’s $650 for diesel which i feel is reasonable.

https://www.pml-bmw.com.sg/en/topics/offers-and-services/special-offers/offer_oilservice.html

• Praise 7

bluff you lar, my bmw 35i suv, from day one if just do normal servicing and chk mostly at $350, of course for wear and tear items after certain mileage have to pay extra. PML servicing is cheaper than my previous Audi car which will cost be $800 to $1000 

• Praise 3

On the connected drive app, if I trigger a location of vehicle search, will my registered email received a notification that I have successfully ran this activity?

• Praise 2

When will the new BMW 2 series GT come out with the new facelift? Currently I felt it's still a bit bold and bulky. Any idea?

I thot I saw it somewhere, mid life facelift or LCI, in BMW terms (I think they call it) ....is just a facelift, not a whole new model or what....so don't expect full changes, body will probably be the same same bulky.

Expect changes to the bumpers, headlights, and dash...and throw in some new electronic gadgets.....and will last another 3-5 years.

Read somewhere not sure if they will continue with this model.....could be discontinued altogether...

If you need a mid size car, time to get, not sure if there will be any in the next few years.....Wish going, Stream gone, Picnic gone...

left with a few Jap and french mini MPV...

i think everyone is moving towards the SUV market....  

My 2 cents...

Stigma of Continental car servicing. While it may be true for some marques, PML regular service is one of the more reasonable ones in the industry. 

In comparison, Borneo Motors charges more for their regular servicing compared to PML ... so ... you can see how much stigma and stereotyping goes around ... sometimes its almost a norm for ppl thinking that conti cars cost more in every segment than an asian car. In most cases, true to a certain extent but when it comes to servicing for PML, the opposite holds true.

Can 216d pump from Smart at Serangoon kiosk? Any advice?

Can pump in ALL passenger pump kiosk in Singapore. 

They are all rated Euro5 and above.

Has a small paint chip and intend to buy a paint to touch up. Anyone knows the colour code? Mine is a white Nov 2016 216d GT white colour. I left my documents at home so cannot check now.

Edited by Extremme

Has a small paint chip and intend to buy a paint to touch up. Anyone knows the colour code? Mine is a white Nov 2016 216d GT white colour. I left my documents at home so cannot check now.

No need to buy. Go back to PML for FOC touch up

I get my paint from ezytouchup.com.  It is a malaysian website, but a honest business. Cost slightly more than $20, including postage.  You can get the exact paint colour if you know the paint code.  It should be next to the door?

I got mine from for my ex-ride HRV.  I also got a new set for my 216GT.

I recommend you buy the set, as it comes with cleaner, paint and clear coat.  Clear coat is very important in prevent the paint from coming off after the paint application.

Edited by Madmax67

No need to buy. Go back to PML for FOC touch up ðð¼

Oh really? Just tell them to assist will do?

I get my paint from ezytouchup.com. It is a malaysian website, but a honest business. Cost slightly more than $20, including postage. You can get the exact paint colour if you know the paint code. It should be next to the door?

I got mine from for my ex-ride HRV. I also got a new set for my 216GT.

I recommend you buy the set, as it comes with cleaner, paint and clear coat. Clear coat is very important in prevent the paint from coming off after the paint application.

Thks will check this out too

Oh really? Just tell them to assist will do?

Yup, just need to tell your Service Advisor once you send your GT in for its interval services. 

So no need to spend extra $ and worry that the paint might mismatch the colour even  [nod]

↡ Advertisement