2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Has a small paint chip and intend to buy a paint to touch up. Anyone knows the colour code? Mine is a white Nov 2016 216d GT white colour. I left my documents at home so cannot check now.

You can check your door frame for the car color code sticker. It can also be found in your engine bay. Just pop the bonnet to find the sticker.

↡ Advertisement

Yup, just need to tell your Service Advisor once you send your GT in for its interval services. 

So no need to spend extra $ and worry that the paint might mismatch the colour even  [nod]

actually anytime, any advisor will do. I did it twice.

Random question. I know there is this popular workshop amongst BMW folks to fix parts but cannot recall the name. Anyone knows?

Codewerx ?

actually anytime, any advisor will do. I did it twice.

Hi, do they just anyhow touch up? or they touch up swee swee and buff the surface flat when after touching up got uneven paint ? TIA

Codewerx ?

Hi, do they just anyhow touch up? or they touch up swee swee and buff the surface flat when after touching up got uneven paint ? TIA

Think it's Chinese name...

Maybe called Eng Soon?

Read this:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2706922-now-ads-cannot-void-your-warranty/page-13?do=findComment&comment=6299621

"

The MTA said: "To avoid any complications when claiming warranty for vehicles not serviced by authorised motor dealers, motorists should keep proper records of their servicing."

For example, they should keep detailed invoices of their vehicle servicing. The invoices should show proof of purchase of genuine parts (with part serial numbers).

"

Read this:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2706922-now-ads-cannot-void-your-warranty/page-13?do=findComment&comment=6299621

"

The MTA said: "To avoid any complications when claiming warranty for vehicles not serviced by authorised motor dealers, motorists should keep proper records of their servicing."

For example, they should keep detailed invoices of their vehicle servicing. The invoices should show proof of purchase of genuine parts (with part serial numbers).

"

I am assuming if I buy parts from Eng Soon which is original and install outside like brake disc etc, it should be cheaper ultimately hence there is no need to pay 2k plus for PMl's plus servicing package
  • Praise 1

I am assuming if I buy parts from Eng Soon which is original and install outside like brake disc etc, it should be cheaper ultimately hence there is no need to pay 2k plus for PMl's plus servicing package

So no other aftermarket brands is allowed.......must buy original parts...

• Praise 1

For SG, will the ERP and parking automated gantry able to differentiate diesel vs petrol?

Only thing they can do is the road tax and diesel at pump...then again, the % of diesel in SG is Low can Europe...not much of an impact.... Guess is that they will slowly phase it out... but then the euro 5 and above are so environmentally friendly already, the push would be those below euro 5, I Guess...

It's possible for ERP and parking automated gantry to differentiate diesel VS pertrol car if LTA simply come up with a different set of unique ID number for the ERP device for diesel car which they already got different sets of number for Lorries, Vans, Taxi and bus.

• Praise 1

I thought Eng Soon are original parts?

only original BMW parts, not sure brembo brake pads is allowed even if compatible....so die die must buy BMW brake pads liao....

only original BMW parts, not sure brembo brake pads is allowed even if compatible....so die die must buy BMW brake pads liao....

Brembo brake pad will wear out rotor faster hor

Codewerx ?

no way. had a big scratch on my door handle. they will just paint over e existing scratch. eyesore to e max... in e end I paid for a respray to achieve full restoration
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1