2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

My ride is Jul 2016. Realized the map is not updated when I was using the navigation yesterday. Has anyone updated their map? Is this done during servicing with PML?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My ride is Jul 2016. Realized the map is not updated when I was using the navigation yesterday. Has anyone updated their map? Is this done during servicing with PML?

Never done before but was told to go back to update in Jan. think based on your package you signed when you purchase? I think mine is free for update only once.

Currently driving a Mazda 3 sedan, and am considering this car as an upgrade. 2nd kid is due in Apr, and first one will be two years old by then.

My parents-in-laws (from hk) will be here as well, and will be getting long term pass for them.

Is it advisable to put two year kid in the third row?

My parents-in-laws and my wife are all below 1.6m.

Anyone upgrade from mazda 3 or equivalence to this car? How is the comparison?

Edited by SimonSeah
  • Praise 1

Currently driving a Mazda 3 sedan, and am considering this car as an upgrade. 2nd kid is due in Apr, and first one will be two years old by then.

My parents-in-laws (from hk) will be here as well, and will be getting long term pass for them.

Confirm can’t compared to ur Mazda3... the GT is a totally different brand and breed altogether. The built, quality, safety is definitely tops if u wanna compare ... guess that reflects on the price you pay for a GT too.

Drives most like a car for a compact MPV and handles very well. It’l be perfect for your family size but to put ur little one on 3rd Row isn’t advisable as the getting in and out to put her in the baby seat will be a hassle. Potentially you could still put on 2nd Row and have 2 ppl sit on 2nd row still which is still ok for short drive time no more than 20-30mins. Long distance, I’d suggest you use the 3rd row well, maybe the wife, since she’s not very tall, can still find it ok on 3rd row if you have the whole family including in-laws tag along for a long drive.

All the best in your car shopping

Confirm canât compared to ur Mazda3... the GT is a totally different brand and breed altogether. The built, quality, safety is definitely tops if u wanna compare ... guess that reflects on the price you pay for a GT too.

Drives most like a car for a compact MPV and handles very well. Itâl be perfect for your family size but to put ur little one on 3rd Row isnât advisable as the getting in and out to put her in the baby seat will be a hassle. Potentially you could still put on 2nd Row and have 2 ppl sit on 2nd row still which is still ok for short drive time no more than 20-30mins. Long distance, Iâd suggest you use the 3rd row well, maybe the wife, since sheâs not very tall, can still find it ok on 3rd row if you have the whole family including in-laws tag along for a long drive.

All the best in your car shopping ðð¼

Most likely will need an adult to be in the third row then, cuz there will be a baby and a toddler. Probably, the adult will be sitting behind the baby car seat, and the second row of that be pushed more to the front to optimize the space.

For me, I  wouldn't put anyone on the 3rd row on a regular basis for safety reason. Maybe cos I have witnessed a horrible accident with people sitting at the 3rd row in a large MPV some years ago.

If you will be having 2 kids and both on isofix infant/child seats, then for people getting into the 3rd will be difficult cos the infant/child seats will be on the outside seats on the 2nd row.  Cars (eg. VW touran/sharan, Citroen Grand Picasso, etc) with 3 individual 2nd row of seats with isofix anchors will be more ideal in such situation. 

Otherwise, 2GT is decent buy, loaded with safety and convenient features. It drives pretty well for a FWD.  

Buy Alphard

Agree. A full size MPV will be ideal to ferry 6 ppl regularly. 

bmw 2GT is more of a 5+2 instead of 7 seater people carrier

it target specific profile of buyers ... [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Was driving a Jap mid size MPV. The last row of the 2GT is a lot less user friendly. My kids complain when they need to get in there. It is still bearable since it is usually a short drive and not that frequent. If you need the 3rd row frequently, suggest trying out Touran. It is a lot easier to access the 3rd row and the seat position is a lot more comfortable.

Most likely will need an adult to be in the third row then, cuz there will be a baby and a toddler. Probably, the adult will be sitting behind the baby car seat, and the second row of that be pushed more to the front to optimize the space.

Sit in the GT 3rd row before . Definitely not suitable for more than 30min for adult.

Hi,

Need some advice. Anyone changed their 2GT tyres to non RFT? Any recommendations for both RFT and non-RFT tyres? Am thinking Michelin PS4 for non RFT tyres but no idea what RFT tyres are good. Any recommendation for workshops to change 2GT tyres? 

Thanks.

Hi,

Need some advice. Anyone changed their 2GT tyres to non RFT? Any recommendations for both RFT and non-RFT tyres? Am thinking Michelin PS4 for non RFT tyres but no idea what RFT tyres are good. Any recommendation for workshops to change 2GT tyres? 

Thanks.

I don't think PS4 has the size for 2GT.

My fav shop is Autokinetic at Macpherson

I don't think PS4 has the size for 2GT.

My fav shop is Autokinetic at Macpherson

Same for me... Autokinetics is good. Bryan & Jake knows their stuff and very friendly and helpful.

• Praise 1

Same for me... Autokinetics is good. Bryan & Jake knows their stuff and very friendly and helpful.

ok. thanks both. I guess I need to source for other non RFT then  [bigcry]

• Praise 1

Haha .. yeah! U on the 2GT wasap group too?

In fact, 160km/h felt like going 110km/h ... can go more without hesitation really.

Hi bro,

Are the administrator if the 2GT whatsapp group? Can help to add me?

Hi all,

I have two questions, hope any kind soul here can help to answer (pardon me it these were asked before).

1. My GT 216i ride feel very bumpy compare to previous car? Anyway to smoothen it? I understand someone mentioned to drive in Eco mode will have the smoother drive. Other than this, is there anything I can do?

2. What is the correct tyre pressure. I currently pump it as 220.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have two questions, hope any kind soul here can help to answer (pardon me it these were asked before).

1. My GT 216i ride feel very bumpy compare to previous car? Anyway to smoothen it? I understand someone mentioned to drive in Eco mode will have the smoother drive. Other than this, is there anything I can do?

2. What is the correct tyre pressure. I currently pump it as 220.

Thanks in advance.

Bumpy should be normal for run-flat tyre.

Correct tyre pressure should be printed on driver door sill