2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Depend on how tough are the watermarks. I have tried: Using car polish, cut lemon and vinegar mix water (1:1). All 3 methods work for me.

thanks! will try it this weekend

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

thanks! will try it this weekend

Hope it works for you. Go easy on the car polish if you are using something very abrasive. For the other 2 methods, Do it in sections and rinse with water after you are done with 1 side + dry it.

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 1

Did you try polishing? I have been consistently polish the ride, at least every 6 months, so far no watermarks on the chrome. Even bird droppings not so evident after i wash it off with water.....

but yeah, conti paint is actually much moe robust and I can see an feel is a lot "thicker" that jap cars...

good luck on your test, keep us posted if it works... [;)]

you pay what you get

if new transmission coming ... PML sure clear stock of existing Aisin 6sp

if the price is good ... why not

in fact ... Aison 6sp gearbox is good and also "well tested" [thumbsup]

Thanks! I see that there's a 2018 model coming that uses BMW's own transmission instead of the 6 speed aspin. Hope it is not a big loss not getting the newer model...

you pay what you get

if new transmission coming ... PML sure clear stock of existing Aisin 6sp

if the price is good ... why not

in fact ... Aison 6sp gearbox is good and also "well tested" [thumbsup]

Thanks! Hope i got a good deal.

15k overtrade

5 year servicing warranty

Advance car eye

All weather mat

Led sills

3M films

Pushed based on the deals that other brothers have gotten here.

Edited by CalixtoTay

15k overtrade

Advance car eye

All weather mat

Led sills

3M films

how does this 15k overtrade work? is it a direct discount given by pml or they deduct 15k from your trade in car?

eg., outside dealer quoted your trade in car 80k and pml quoted you 65k + 15k overtrade.

• Praise 2

15k overtrade

Advance car eye

All weather mat

Led sills

3M films

What model did you book?  216i?  218i?

If you have been driving Jap car, the geometry of the BMW is superb.  Well balanced and stable.

However, I do find the engine noise too loud on the outside, even it is petrol version.  The noise insulation on the inside is superb.  My sis thought my car runs on diesel.

Did you try polishing? I have been consistently polish the ride, at least every 6 months, so far no watermarks on the chrome. Even bird droppings not so evident after i wash it off with water.....

but yeah, conti paint is actually much moe robust and I can see an feel is a lot "thicker" that jap cars...

good luck on your test, keep us posted if it works... [;)]

Can I use fine cut polish on chrome?  I also have some stains which regular washing does not remove.  I dare not use polish as I scared the chrome may dull later.  Was thinking of getting chrome cleaner from Autobacs.

how does this 15k overtrade work? is it a direct discount given by pml or they deduct 15k from your trade in car?

eg., outside dealer quoted your trade in car 80k and pml quoted you 65k + 15k overtrade.

It's a subtle way to add a discount off the SRP

You pretend to pay the listed price. They pay you 15k on top of the offered price of your trade in car. You can take a loan based on the higher listed price.

i am keen to know this too.

petrol or diesel version? 

I usually ask for net car price, no need to tell me those overtrade stuff.

I will also compare out dealer quote and ad quote for me used car than nego the trade in price.

I do not have a big family so mpv may not necessary for me. am interested in their suv range,

as I need a bigger boot for my dog.

What model did you book?  216i?  218i?

If you have been driving Jap car, the geometry of the BMW is superb.  Well balanced and stable.

However, I do find the engine noise too loud on the outside, even it is petrol version.  The noise insulation on the inside is superb.  My sis thought my car runs on diesel.

Can I use fine cut polish on chrome?  I also have some stains which regular washing does not remove.  I dare not use polish as I scared the chrome may dull later.  Was thinking of getting chrome cleaner from Autobacs.

I have been using my polish cream on my cars since 2004....i apply on the lights and chrome as well....find it useful as easy to clean and wipe...

The cream I use is bought from JB...I ahve never seen it in SG though..

15k overtrade

Advance car eye

All weather mat

Led sills

3M films

Nice!

BSI or BSI plus? Get the BSI Plus if possible!

5 year free servicing and warranty? That is a good deal if you got it...mostly 3 yrs free servicing and 3 yrs warranty and top up another 2 yrs which you need to pay lo... 

outside dealer quote me 70k. PML quote me 70+15.

Petrol. PML dun sell diesel anymore

I have been using my polish cream on my cars since 2004....i apply on the lights and chrome as well....find it useful as easy to clean and wipe...

Nice!

5 year free servicing and warranty? That is a good deal if you got it...mostly 3 yrs free servicing and 3 yrs warranty and top up another 2 yrs which you need to pay lo... 

5 year basic BSI.

Tried to nego for BSI+ but SE say they can no longer give it up upon sale. Only aftersale can ownself apply.

Ask for 3k off to ownself buy BSI+ but failed haha.

• Praise 1

Thanks! I see that there's a 2018 model coming that uses BMW's own transmission instead of the 6 speed aspin. Hope it is not a big loss not getting the newer model...

It will be a 7 spd dual clutch transmission used in the latest batch of x1 and Mini, but not from bmw lah. Each have its pros and cons.
  • Praise 1

Nice!

They started giving 5yr FOC svcing and 150k warranty since early 2017 actually. Their new strategy to get those who were starting to compare many other car makes/brands which were offering 5yrs warranty then. So its been a norm since.

But yeah, agreed, if anyone could get BSI+ thrown in without topping-up, that's the best 'bonus'.

If you work in NUS you can get the plus.

So no more diesel 216d?

Those corporate list from PML - they can get the BSI+ thrown in as complimentary. Yeah, apart from NUS, there about 40++ organisations listed there. Ask your SE for it.

thanks Bro but I want to remove the watermarks not the chrome itself. dechrome doesn't suit 2GT . especially my car color

What is your car colour?

Get someone to do car wash.

The watermarks is pretty permanent - car wash alone won't solve it, unfortunately.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1