Home fires more often now due to PMDs?

Wind30

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/fire-st-regis-residences-tanglin-orchard-scdf-evacuation-11267600

Last month my mum neighbour house caught fire. With the huge surge in mobile scooters, it seems that fires is more common now...

Do u guys have any fire protection in house like smoke detector, fire extinguishers?

Thinking of getting some...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/fire-st-regis-residences-tanglin-orchard-scdf-evacuation-11267600

Last month my mum neighbour house caught fire. With the huge surge in mobile scooters, it seems that fires is more common now...

Do u guys have any fire protection in house like smoke detector, fire extinguishers?

Just buy a Garden Hose,attach a Water Sprayer....cheapest option,Fire Extinguisher got Expiry Date,sometime too old cannot work.

I have

Go Hardwareshop buy lor

This type cannot buy from Taobao becuase pressure content

The basic knowledge of fire triangle is very important. If somehow you need to leave something burning, then you make sure the fuel will burnt out without causing major fire. 

• Praise 1

I have both at home. Smoke detector and fire extinguisher.

Got an elderly mum at home. 

• Praise 5

I think having fire extinguisher at home is better, if there is any fire still can use it to stop the fire before it becomes out of control. But too bad you need to keep changing the fire extinguisher due to short expiry date.

Just get an extinguisher lah!..... you want your house to look like a factory or warehouse izzit with low ceiling already

Some people also keep one in their cars too (especially those classic cars which Insurers dont cover fire and theft) 

Is it expensive or allowed to install sprinklers in HDB apartments?

• Praise 2

Is it expensive or allowed to install sprinklers in HDB apartments?

Wow don't like that leh, smoke detector already problematic liao. The are a few million home in Singapore. So not so serious just need to have basic knowledge a will do

Wow don't like that leh, smoke detector already problematic liao. The are a few million home in Singapore. So not so serious just need to have basic knowledge a will do

Provided that there are people at how.

Asked this question, since most families have working parents and children I schools almost the whole day.

What brand mobility scooter caught fire?

I was thinking of getting one for my MIL.

I don't want to get the wrong brand and waste money.

:D

buying fire extinguisher is like buying insurance.

you can do without one

but when you need it, it's too late.

I have a fire blanket for oil fire and a regular dry powder extinguisher.

It's not expensive, less than $100.

• Praise 2

Should make all those PMD riders liable for damages for fire that are caused by PMD charging, hence 3rd party insurance is needed.

• Praise 2

Just get an extinguisher lah!..... you want your house to look like a factory or warehouse izzit with low ceiling already

Some people also keep one in their cars too (especially those classic cars which Insurers dont cover fire and theft)

i saw many cai png stalls no sprinkles
  • Praise 3

buying fire extinguisher is like buying insurance.

you can do without one

but when you need it, it's too late.

I have a fire blanket for oil fire and a regular dry powder extinguisher.

It's not expensive, less than $100.

Can share where you got it?

Would be "interesting" to do for 1 HDB apartment unit, as sprinkler systems are usually systems for the whole building.

If windows are closed and electric sockets are off, HDB units don't catch fire unless there are dangerous equipment around.

Provided that there are people at how.
Asked this question, since most families have working parents and children I schools almost the whole day.

Cheap Li-on batteries.

Ya so many bombs charging around. Even if u don’t have your neighbour might have...

I think all these Super cheap electric mobility devices needs to be regulated much better

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement