Accident Claim haywire by own Workshop?

dnumde

... Truth is out...

After pressuring him to give me the law firm that act on my behalf, he dropped the bomb...

He say he didnt commence the claim because he "think" it may not succeed...

Now, not only will I not get back my 2k deposit from him, the other part claim against me also ballooned because I did not make any claim against the other party...

Sibei sian...

Condolences brother.

What is name of workshop?

What is name of the workshop owner?

I am 'interested' in going to him for repairs, so don't worry you are not slandering him, only 'recommending' his good services.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

William's Auto.

I have to stomach this.

Cos he send me some authorisation to act form which I signed and mention "your comment we will reserve all legal rights!" so I presume he is threathening to sue me.

I guess there is no way one can be more prudent as long as the Workshop have intention to do what they intend to do.

Or maybe Im just too simple minded. :(

Thanks alot for all the advise given bros. :)

Internal Moderator

The workshop that you have visited is most probably a 3rd party workshop that might not have any affilation with your insurance company.

Hi all gurus.

Summary of my case:

Involve in an accident in 2017 and paid up for my own repair first although I am claiming the other party.

2 years on, the Workshop tells me that there is no update on the claim and they will keep my 2k deposit until the other party insurance get back to me.

A more detail write-up

I was being hit by another car (supposingly rented) in June 2017.

So based on my friend's father advise, I went to a Workshop in Woodlands Road to make the claim against the other party.

I am pretty inexperience in this area so I just follow the advice by the Workshop Boss.

He told me that he is an ex-SPF and Hwa Chong grad or something, and all his friends are lawyer etc. So he knows the stuff and will handle it for me.

Long story short, he mentioned that it is a 50-50 case.

In fact the chances of me claiming successfully is not high according to him.

So he requested that I pay him for my own car damage upfront (about $2k) and if the claim is successful, he will refund me the 2k.

In mid 2018, the other party have claimed my insurance.

As for my claim against the other party, the workshop mentioned that there is no update.

Till date, they are still holding on to my 2k.

So I asked the Workshop Boss to email the other party insurance company and get back to me on the status but he refuses and chided me for being ungrateful because he is actually helping me in a 50-50 case.

I explained to him that I am asking him to do so only because I am unable to do so. I have tried getting an update from the other party insurance but they ask me to go through my authorised workshop.

So my question is

1. Is there any way I can get an update on my claim status against the other party without the Workshop?
  2. Is it possible that the Workshop have forgotten to claim the other party it is too late to claim now?

Thanks all.

I am really at a lost now on what to do because the Workshop refuses to assist me yet the other party insurance request that I follow-up with my authorised workshop directly.

• Praise 1

William's Auto.

I have to stomach this.

Cos he send me some authorisation to act form which I signed and mention "your comment we will reserve all legal rights!" so I presume he is threathening to sue me.

I guess there is no way one can be more prudent as long as the Workshop have intention to do what they intend to do.

William Auto

thx for "recommending"

Everyone please take note this very "good" workshop with " high integrity" owner

• Praise 6

William Auto

thx for "recommending"

Everyone please take note this very "good" workshop with " high integrity" owner

I 'take note ' of this ' highly recommended'

Ws liao.

Confirm send to all my friend and add to 'must go ' list

Insurance claims workshop have 2 types:

1. Authorized workshop (he isnt authorized thats why he cannot claim your Own Damage first)

2. Insured Preferred workshop

Reason for the 2k is he is doing cash job but claiming 3rd party, he didnt have confidence thats why he take 2k from you.

If you went to authorized and claim OD (own damage) you can also claim 3rd party at the same time, but once you initial proceed claim 3rd party, you cannot revert back to OD. So meaning lose then pay, which he should do in the first place.

2K for a lesson is cheap liao, all you can do is to "F" your friend father for his good intro, this WS knows nuts about claims i am sure, and he probably refer to others to do. WS has specialty too, mechanical repairs and accident repairs. Easy to spot with metal brackets for pulling crumpled metal straight. 

• Praise 1

William's Auto.

I have to stomach this.

i have my bad experiences with these workshops too...

take this as a lesson learnt, next time just go straight to the dealer workshops...at least if they wanna 'hanky panky' they gotta think thrice before doing it...

I was being hit by another car (supposingly rented) in June 2017.

I faced similar situation before, someone hit me and I still have to compensate him and pay for my own repair.  What comes to my mind was most likely you didn't stop at the white line, and got hit by car after that, and the car driver was able to successfully claimed against you.  

Since workshop already repaired the car for you (maybe 2k is expensive?), just  treat it as lesson learnt and move on, it is almost unlikely they will refund you anything. And you should also stop trusting your father's recommendation since it is not any better than what you can find.

• Praise 1

Thanks all for the advice.

The WS is indeed not my insurance authorised WS.

I paid more so my insurance allow me to go to any Workshop (not just the authroised one).

I bought this insurance because mine is a new car and I have to go to my authorised WS to prevent warranty void.

When I was recommended to this WS, the uncle was very convincing and I was sold. Or maybe I am just too gullible.

So its a triple whammy for me now because I risk my warranty to go to his WS, he didn't file so I cannot claim, the other party can claim me full since I have no defence. :(

Yes I understand this is a lesson learned. And lesson learnt it is.

I signed those documents so I have to shoulder the blame as well.

The ball is in his court now so I have no game.

I will accept it as it is.

Thanks all for the advice.

The WS is indeed not my insurance authorised WS.

I paid more so my insurance allow me to go to any Workshop (not just the authroised one).

I bought this insurance because mine is a new car and I have to go to my authorised WS to prevent warranty void.

When I was recommended to this WS, the uncle was very convincing and I was sold. Or maybe I am just too gullible.

So its a triple whammy for me now because I risk my warranty to go to his WS, he didn't file so I cannot claim, the other party can claim me full since I have no defence. :(

Yes I understand this is a lesson learned. And lesson learnt it is.

I signed those documents so I have to shoulder the blame as well.

The ball is in his court now so I have no game.

I will accept it as it is.

ok la.

my first accident about 20 years also,

kenna buang,

was in my 20s+

also blur like sotong, dun know what to do, then 1 uncle stop his car,

SUPER SUPER HELPFUL.

bring me see doctor,

help me get tow truck,

teach me how to report.

i thought heng i got pray that day, meet a good guy.

in the end he is a devil. the rest dun need say .....

first time is alway a lesson,

Edited by Beregond

"based on my friend's father advise, I went to a Workshop in Woodlands Road "

Always like this type got problem one.

Never trust your father/mother/uncle/aunty friends or relative or bro/sis etc. sure more problem one. Also later got issue, then they also make noise say why so fussy.

Sorry to hear about your case.

If doing 3rd party claim, you should not even pay a single cent to the 3rd party workshop, they should claim every single penny and profit to the other guys insurance thru their lawyer.

The moment u paid the 2k means the workshop have no further incentive to waste money engage their lawyer to fight your case, just treat the 2k as your "repair fee"

ok la.

my first accident about 20 years also,

kenna buang,

was in my 20s+

also blur like sotong, dun know what to do, then 1 uncle stop his car,

SUPER SUPER HELPFUL.

bring me see doctor,

help me get tow truck,

teach me how to report.

i thought heng i got pray that day, meet a good guy.

in the end he is a devil. the rest dun need say .....

first time is alway a lesson,

care to share what exactly happened so we can learnt from it? always heard to be careful of these kind of "offers" during accidents but dont exactly know whats the danger of it..

I faced similar situation before, someone hit me and I still have to compensate him and pay for my own repair. What comes to my mind was most likely you didn't stop at the white line, and got hit by car after that, and the car driver was able to successfully claimed against you.

Since workshop already repaired the car for you (maybe 2k is expensive?), just treat it as lesson learnt and move on, it is almost unlikely they will refund you anything. And you should also stop trusting your father's recommendation since it is not any better than what you can find.

next time in similar situation what is the correct procedure to do?

inform insurance and let your insurance handle everything from there?

why some people prefer to let their own workshop handle rather than insurance appointed workshop?

care to share what exactly happened so we can learnt from it? always heard to be careful of these kind of "offers" during accidents but dont exactly know whats the danger of it..

next time in similar situation what is the correct procedure to do?

inform insurance and let your insurance handle everything from there?

why some people prefer to let their own workshop handle rather than insurance appointed workshop?

No need to share la. The typical expressway scams lor. Go read newspapers about the many stages accidents. Even if it was not stage the methods are the same. Some guy will “happen” to pass by and then refer you to his excellent workshop to con you. Shoddy cheap ass repairs but yet claim high high from the insurance.

So never let these guys tow your car. Just let EMAS tow it to a nearby car park, contact your insurance hotline and get it towed to their authorized workshop.

Edited by Mkl22

"based on my friend's father advise, I went to a Workshop in Woodlands Road "

Always like this type got problem one.

I say ah.... This "friend" father most likely got small Ang Pow.

Haha

• Haha! 1

No need to share la. The typical expressway scams lor. Go read newspapers about the many stages accidents. Even if it was not stage the methods are the same. Some guy will “happen” to pass by and then refer you to his excellent workshop to con you. Shoddy cheap ass repairs but yet claim high high from the insurance.

So never let these guys tow your car. Just let EMAS tow it to a nearby car park, contact your insurance hotline and get it towed to their authorized workshop.

Claiming 3rd party no need authorized, only when claiming OWN DAMAGE is back to authorized workshop.

Claiming OD or 3rd Party, your insurer or the other party insurance will also save on the cost of repair, dont get it wrong, surveyor will recommend "replace" but adjusters from your insurance will say "repair" works both ways for 3rd party claims or OD claims.

Not workshop dont want to change but not allowed to change. Normally parf cars will do "part by part" claims, COE cars will do lump sum claims. The diff is that COE cars insurance perceive no value hence issue a lumpsum and repairers work from there, so not they dont wanna do but at times forced to repair instead of replace there aren't any budget to begin with.

Surveyor can survey and claim whatever claimable, insurance will have adjusters to adjust.

As for WS profit, let me share some insights, a C200 rearlights damaged due to rear impact, surveyor say replace, so WS will get quote from AGENT for price, so claim is based on that price, but if workshop able to get cheaper from stockist, thats the profit they make. WS will rather replace than knock back, the sooner the car repairs complete the sooner they can release the car and get the claims back, some claims payment can delay up to 3 yrs, but money they come out to do first, so sometimes i also understand them. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2