Accident Claim haywire by own Workshop?

dnumde

For 3rd party liablity claims, i will not pay anything out of my own pocket.

If WS not confident, move biz elsewhere.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

For 3rd party liablity claims, i will not pay anything out of my own pocket.

If WS not confident, move biz elsewhere.

Which is always the case... but TS got a friend whose father is a kay kiang

next time in similar situation what is the correct procedure to do?

inform insurance and let your insurance handle everything from there?

why some people prefer to let their own workshop handle rather than insurance appointed workshop?

no next time, safety first, just drive carefully, signal when turning, overtaking, keep a safe distance between vehicles, don't tail gate.

if really suay, accident is not serious, don' report to insurance company, else your insurance cost for next year will increase, settle with driver and sign agreement, pay out of own pocket money for repairing both vehicles.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, as I'm unable to create a new thread, thus I'm tapping into this thread to ask question pertaining to my accident claim.

I was involved in a 5 vehicles chain collision at end of Sept. My car was the 1st vehicle in this accident. I reported the accident to my insurance company through their authorized workshop and also authorized them to file the repair claim on my behalf. The workshop has informed me that they will only carry out the repair when they received an official reply from the 2nd car insurance company stating that they agreed to the claim. 3 weeks has passed and the answer that the workshop has from the 2nd car insurance company is that they are still investigating the accident. I've called up my insurance company to check and they said that the 5th vehicle reported that there was a 6th vehicle involved, thus this might be the reason the investigation is still ongoing. My insurance company then propose to me to claim under my insurance but I will need to pay the excess.

I'm considering if I should claim my 3rd party insurance or should I wait out for the investigation to be complete. My car is in working condition less the back door is very difficult to close. I'm not sure what else I can do on my side. Any suggestion from the senior/experienced member here?  

15 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

Hi, as I'm unable to create a new thread, thus I'm tapping into this thread to ask question pertaining to my accident claim.

I was involved in a 5 vehicles chain collision at end of Sept. My car was the 1st vehicle in this accident. I reported the accident to my insurance company through their authorized workshop and also authorized them to file the repair claim on my behalf. The workshop has informed me that they will only carry out the repair when they received an official reply from the 2nd car insurance company stating that they agreed to the claim. 3 weeks has passed and the answer that the workshop has from the 2nd car insurance company is that they are still investigating the accident. I've called up my insurance company to check and they said that the 5th vehicle reported that there was a 6th vehicle involved, thus this might be the reason the investigation is still ongoing. My insurance company then propose to me to claim under my insurance but I will need to pay the excess.

I'm considering if I should claim my 3rd party insurance or should I wait out for the investigation to be complete. My car is in working condition less the back door is very difficult to close. I'm not sure what else I can do on my side. Any suggestion from the senior/experienced member here?  

I was also previously involved in a 4 vehicles chain collision caused by a motorcycle toppling 50m in front of me on 1st lane. Since it was not my fault, I went to my own workshop to file claim and do the repairs. Work commenced immediately and I got a courtesy car. As this is a clear cut BOLA case (barometer of liability agreement) they should have repaired your car and let the insurers and lawyers settle the case. Do not claim your own insurance.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fatboy said:

Change workshop.Change to another authorised workshop that will be able to start work immediately.

I did that on my last accident repair earlier this year. Went back to AD to repair and they say they need time before starting work. So I switched to my regular workshop who can start work immediately.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Thank you to andrewyewkc & Adrianli 's reply. If I'm to switch workshop now, will there be any complication from the two different workshops in term of claim/follow up issues or whatever unknown issue by me?

16 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Change workshop.Change to another authorised workshop that will be able to start work immediately.

I did that on my last accident repair earlier this year. Went back to AD to repair and they say they need time before starting work. So I switched to my regular workshop who can start work immediately.

if claiming 100% against another party (the car behind, in this instance), is there a need to go to a workshop that is authorised by own insurance? 

1 hour ago, Fatboy said:

. My car is in working condition less the back door is very difficult to close.

does water leak in when it rains? beware of rust.

1 hour ago, Fatboy said:

dun claim under own insurance.

if u are the first car, ppl front hit your rear. ( and u didnt chut stun like play ebrake bababa ) these type of cases is consider sure eat. bao jia

all 3rd pty workshop will snatch to do i think. the different is profit margin only.

no matter how long the process take, the day your car went into the workshop, they already provide u a coursty car. all that claim from opposite insurance.

the only issue u need to beware is last time 1 bro mention. the insurance refuse to pay the full repair cost, cos his car maybe is old coe car, no paper value etc etc. but these are the risk that the 3rd pty workshop take in, non of your problem also.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

Thank you to andrewyewkc & Adrianli 's reply. If I'm to switch workshop now, will there be any complication from the two different workshops in term of claim/follow up issues or whatever unknown issue by me?

Just send the workshop an email/letter and copy your insurance company to inform them the switch of workshop.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

if claiming 100% against another party (the car behind, in this instance), is there a need to go to a workshop that is authorised by own insurance? 

No need. But you must keep your insurance informed of any accidents whether u are at fault or not.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

No need. But you must keep your insurance informed of any accidents whether u are at fault or not.

yes I believe he has already reported to the insurer since the accident 3 wks ago.

he is not limited to use of "authorised wkshop" since he is not claiming his own insurance in this case where he is not at fault. if 50/50 case then yes, need to go authorised workshop.

Neutral Newbie

Appreciate all the replies! Just called another 'big' workshop and they gave the same answer. They need to get the approval from the 2nd car insurance company before they commence the repair on my car.   

35 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

Authorised workshops put the interest of the insurer over your interest, that is why they are authorised. As under BOLA, yours is a "bao jia" (quoting Beregond) case, you can go to any outside workshop (who will treat you like king because this is good business for them and their lawyer). As there is still a very slim chance that the other party will deny the claim, that is why the authorised workshop is holding the job. 

Edited by andrewyewkc

2 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

Appreciate all the replies! Just called another 'big' workshop and they gave the same answer. They need to get the approval from the 2nd car insurance company before they commence the repair on my car.   

yes that's the SOP cos both sides need to agree on the liability and repair value limit. Do you have car cam video to support your case?

my old case took more than half a year to secure approval, even with video, TP report (hit n run) and other party deemed 100% at fault. The other car's insurer drag its feet. My insurer not involved at all. My repair was small though. Probably around $1k. And no issue driving while pending approval for repair.

Ask which insurance company is covering the 2nd car. Getting some of them to fork out money for 3rd pty repairs is like squeezing blood from a stone.

Neutral Newbie
7 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

yes that's the SOP cos both sides need to agree on the liability and repair value limit. Do you have car cam video to support your case?

my old case took more than half a year to secure approval, even with video, TP report (hit n run) and other party deemed 100% at fault. The other car's insurer drag its feet. My insurer not involved at all. My repair was small though. Probably around $1k. And no issue driving while pending approval for repair.

Ask which insurance company is covering the 2nd car. Getting some of them to fork out money for 3rd pty repairs is like squeezing blood from a stone.

Yes, I’ve provided both photos n video footages to the workshop n my insurance company.

24 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

of course la ... if not your workshop will claim $88K to repair a bumper .... LOL

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1