Accident Claim haywire by own Workshop?

dnumde

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, JohnSHL said:

yes that's the SOP cos both sides need to agree on the liability and repair value limit. Do you have car cam video to support your case?

my old case took more than half a year to secure approval, even with video, TP report (hit n run) and other party deemed 100% at fault. The other car's insurer drag its feet. My insurer not involved at all. My repair was small though. Probably around $1k. And no issue driving while pending approval for repair.

Ask which insurance company is covering the 2nd car. Getting some of them to fork out money for 3rd pty repairs is like squeezing blood from a stone.

The 2nd car insurance company is Liberty. Will they entertain me if I chase them for a answer?

29 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

The 2nd car insurance company is Liberty. Will they entertain me if I chase them for a answer?

I think they will only entertain your lawyer. If you leave your car with a workshop and take a courtesy car, there might be some urgency on their part as you start to incur costs by the day.

12 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

I think they will only entertain your lawyer. If you leave your car with a workshop and take a courtesy car, there might be some urgency on their part as you start to incur costs by the day.

No point leaving car workshop as 3rd party insurer has not agree anything yet.  No courtesy car will be provided.

5 hours ago, Fatboy said:

Hi, as I'm unable to create a new thread, thus I'm tapping into this thread to ask question pertaining to my accident claim.

I was involved in a 5 vehicles chain collision at end of Sept. My car was the 1st vehicle in this accident. I reported the accident to my insurance company through their authorized workshop and also authorized them to file the repair claim on my behalf. The workshop has informed me that they will only carry out the repair when they received an official reply from the 2nd car insurance company stating that they agreed to the claim. 3 weeks has passed and the answer that the workshop has from the 2nd car insurance company is that they are still investigating the accident. I've called up my insurance company to check and they said that the 5th vehicle reported that there was a 6th vehicle involved, thus this might be the reason the investigation is still ongoing. My insurance company then propose to me to claim under my insurance but I will need to pay the excess.

I'm considering if I should claim my 3rd party insurance or should I wait out for the investigation to be complete. My car is in working condition less the back door is very difficult to close. I'm not sure what else I can do on my side. Any suggestion from the senior/experienced member here?  

If you want to do pure 3rd party claim, then need to wait for the other side to agreed to the claim. Otherwise who is going to pay for the repair cost if the claim is not successful?

When my car was rear ended last time, I was given 3 choices

1) Start repair immediately and Claim own insurance only. Need to pay excess.

2) Start repair immediately. Claim own insurance then file for 3rd party. Need to pay excess first.

3) Purely claim 3rd party. but need to wait for the other party to accept the claim.

I opt for option 2.

After a few months, finally settle the claim. I claimed back the excess, plus lost of use (although I was given courtesy car during the repair).

• Praise 2

On 2/21/2019 at 9:32 AM, mersaylee said:

My alarm would go off when I hear this trumpet

“He told me that he is an ex-SPF and Hwa Chong grad or something, and all his friends are lawyer etc. So he knows the stuff and will handle it for me.”

All my frens are doctors that's why I am very qualified to hands on examine good looking young ladies. 

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Just don't report to your insurance company and the other party cannot claim against you. 

I learn from MCF one. 

Must be correct.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

All my frens are doctors that's why I am very qualified to hands on examine good looking young ladies. 

Better still if all your doctor frens are gynaes... :XD:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

On 2/21/2019 at 9:32 AM, mersaylee said:

My alarm would go off when I hear this trumpet

“He told me that he is an ex-SPF and Hwa Chong grad or something, and all his friends are lawyer etc. So he knows the stuff and will handle it for me.”

SPF got many jobs right? 

Admin clerk and guard at the entrance also SPF staff right? 

• Haha! 2

On 3/1/2019 at 6:00 PM, cmcex said:

Which is always the case... but TS got a friend whose father is a kay kiang

Not if he got commission for bringing in new customer. 

I think kiang is more appropriate. 

• Haha! 1

On 2/21/2019 at 10:00 AM, dnumde said:

My insurance company says that it is 2 separate claim.

They are only handling the claim by the other party on me.

For my claim on the other party, it is handled by the Workshop.

I am the named driver and the premium did increase in 2019.

I have a receipt stating I paid 2k. But need to go find. Haha.

Thank goodness they increase your premium.

None of us here wants to pay higher insurance to cover your accident.

I don't think it can be 50 50 if the other party successfully claimed against you. 

But then I don't have many lawyer friends so I could be wrong. 

And I also not ex SPF. 

• Haha! 1

Hmm... i tot there was another thread that highlighted the plight of SG car owners when trying to make claims if the other party didn't report to insurance? It was deemed a loophole in that owners who are in the right (got video evidence, etc.), will also face problem - as long as the other guilty party never report to its insurance.

In this thread, TS said his WS later admitted never claimed. Was TS' insurance informed? Was it a case that TS reported to his insurance, but his WS didn't file the claim? In which case is really kanna played out...

Or was TS depending on the WS to report to his insurance? In which case if WS lazy, bo zo kang, then insurance wouldn't have been informed, and then I tot the other party will have problem claiming?

1 hour ago, Sx4falcon said:

If you want to do pure 3rd party claim, then need to wait for the other side to agreed to the claim. Otherwise who is going to pay for the repair cost if the claim is not successful?

2) Start repair immediately. Claim own insurance then file for 3rd party. Need to pay excess first.

3) Purely claim 3rd party. but need to wait for the other party to accept the claim.

I opt for option 2.

After a few months, finally settle the claim. I claimed back the excess, plus lost of use (although I was given courtesy car during the repair).

actually this depend on the type of accident happen. for example front hit side, that is not sure win. the 3rd party ws might not promise u anything.

but for fatboy case, i think its 99% win. most 3rd party ws will take . and provide car even b4 agreeing anything with opposite insurance. cos they 99 % confident can claim back. 

and there is no way for opposite insurance to siam unless the opposite driver didnt make report, which will become a police case. need to make police report and press the opposite driver to make his own report, so that the 2 insurance company can nego.

during which all this dragging and time wasted, the rental for the car still can be claim . so if they are sure of 99% win, they wont worry about giving u a car to drive even before any talk with opposite insurance.

my own chain accident, about 1 year already , my car already repair finish, i didnt pay a single cent, its a 5 car chain accident also, i am the 2nd car. but till now my ws tell me case haven settle they haven receive any payment from opposite side

. cos like many example we see, the repair ws can claim 90k. but it dun mean they get 90k. if reject 3 times, will be court case i think . 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 4

my wife mini was scratched (front door) by a taxi 2 years ago, she just drove straight to AD and the rest was handled by them.

I think she only provide them the in-car video record, and leave the car there for 3 weeks including waiting for parts to be arrived.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Hmm... i tot there was another thread that highlighted the plight of SG car owners when trying to make claims if the other party didn't report to insurance? It was deemed a loophole in that owners who are in the right (got video evidence, etc.), will also face problem - as long as the other guilty party never report to its insurance.

In this thread, TS said his WS later admitted never claimed. Was TS' insurance informed? Was it a case that TS reported to his insurance, but his WS didn't file the claim? In which case is really kanna played out...

Or was TS depending on the WS to report to his insurance? In which case if WS lazy, bo zo kang, then insurance wouldn't have been informed, and then I tot the other party will have problem claiming?

I told you guys a million and 1 time that insurance is FI regulated by MAS.  Complaint to MAS in situation that you think it is unjust to you.

In the case of hit and run, complain to MAS if insurer reject the claims.  It is GIA rule that allows insurer to reject the claim.  GIA is NOT MAS.

Insurer license is issued by MAS NOT GIA.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

I opt for option 2.

Just called another authorized workshop and answer is the same. So it seems like I've to adopt Sx4falcon's suggestion no. 2 or 3. I will need to find a reliable 3rd party workshop.

Edited by Fatboy

15 hours ago, Davidtch said:

I told you guys a million and 1 time that insurance is FI regulated by MAS.  Complaint to MAS in situation that you think it is unjust to you.

In the case of hit and run, complain to MAS if insurer reject the claims.  It is GIA rule that allows insurer to reject the claim.  GIA is NOT MAS.

Insurer license is issued by MAS NOT GIA.

Yup, took note of a few of your post on MAS, and i must say is insightful. But I'm sure most other drivers out there are not aware of it, so will not have the presence of mind to complain to MAS, and will just LLST. I'm assuming the guy who knocked into TS, was also like that. So if TS or his WS didn't report, then good chance the other party's claim will have problem mah... that's why i'm curious how this (the other party managed to claim TS' insurance) happened...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2