Accident Advice

wjong

Dear members, need some advice regarding a car accident that I was involved in. It happened a few months back and I was not at fault for the accident. I cannot understand why the other driver is still serving me a writ of summon when the TP investigation outcome is that he will be charged for inconsiderate driving leading to the accident. Any advice would be appreciated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Dear members, need some advice regarding a car accident that I was involved in. It happened a few months back and I was not at fault for the accident. I cannot understand why the other driver is still serving me a writ of summon when the TP investigation outcome is that he will be charged for inconsiderate driving leading to the accident. Any advice would be appreciated.

You would be better off talking to your insurer that you would have already sent your WSS to, instead of asking for advice with no details.

• Praise 2

Maybe he/she is just trying his luck. You just have to send the copy of the TP investigation to your insurer and they will take care of the rest. The writ of summons must also be CCed to your insurer in case they did not receive it. If the police report is clear, I guess there is nothing to worry too much about. If there is a need, insurer might invite you to their office to make a statement.

• Praise 2

Most important is post the video of the accident here.

:D

Yup with video, we would be able to pin point what exactly went wrong or went right. Sometimes ownself did not realise he/she is the cause of the problem, so need other people to point out and learn from it. So with video, we will help to explain why you received summon from TP for inconsiderate driving that led to accident.

stand firm IF you're not at fault.the other party and insurance will try to play various games and time wasting tactics - seems to be hardwired into them lol

Dear all, thanks for the advice. Let me make myself clear that I am not the one charged for inconsiderate driving. It is the other driver. 

Moreover, I am sorry that there was no video taken of the accident. 

↡ Advertisement