What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

Today, go up mountain and visit QingJing sheep farm. Next to the farm is a small pasar malam of hawker stalls. Simi mountain chicken and mountain pig and bamboo rice, all bo ho jiak. Chicken meat so tough and dry. Porky not tasty. Bamboo rice is just like sticky rice.

attachicon.gif20190225_132059.jpg

attachicon.gif20190225_132544.jpg

attachicon.gif20190225_132713.jpg

attachicon.gif20190225_132716.jpg

attachicon.gif20190225_132721.jpg

Dinner settle at the Hualien hotel. Fried rice, no wok hei, a bit wet. 

attachicon.gif20190225_191326.jpg

@Jman888 no, did not try the mochi. Never liked it saw it but skipped it. There were quite a few stalls selling. 

i really think these village food taste are like that. Kenna hype by those  food shows as 原味 or 古早味. 

Went back hainan island and taste their wen chiang chicken,  not to our liking, but that's the true 古早味.  [laugh] 

• Praise 4

Nasi Padang from Warung Nasi Pariaman at 738 North Bridge Road

This place famous for Ayam Bakar but I dont understand why Ayam Bakar got gravy one, thought it would be BBQ chicken since it’s supposed to be bakar. Anyway taste is ok but I’m surprised this place charges GST for their food!

post-48108-0-74184500-1551145624_thumb.jpeg

post-48108-0-48660400-1551145636_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 25

This place famous for Ayam Bakar but I dont understand why Ayam Bakar got gravy one, thought it would be BBQ chicken since it’s supposed to be bakar. Anyway taste is ok but I’m surprised this place charges GST for their food!

I concur. I thought that looks more like ayam kurma lol. Ayam bakar doesnt have gravy

• Praise 1

First contribution to part 6.

628 amk fc dabao for lunch...

All not bad.

This place famous for Ayam Bakar but I dont understand why Ayam Bakar got gravy one, thought it would be BBQ chicken since itâs supposed to be bakar. Anyway taste is ok but Iâm surprised this place charges GST for their food!

I've not eaten there. But saw it featured in some local documentary called food empires.

good offer again ... stock up

need to maintain my 165kg hot bod

ðð

You need to buy 4 to get the free yogurt right

post-4207-0-06314500-1551163248_thumb.jpg

post-4207-0-71169300-1551163254_thumb.jpg

post-4207-0-79143100-1551163268_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 18

I concur. I thought that looks more like ayam kurma lol. Ayam bakar doesnt have gravy

There is another stall opposite called Sabar Menanti which also sells Ayam Bakar in this manner. Apparently it’s their speciality as well. Trouble is their gravy is not warm though it’s tasty.

• Praise 3

First contribution to part 6.

628 amk fc dabao for lunch...

All not bad.

I've not eaten there. But saw it featured in some local documentary called food empires.

You need to buy 4 to get the free yogurt right

wah doc... you shop same place as me ah?

ya promo price for 2 pints, buy 4 get 1 pint yoghurt free and receipt above $15 can claim free scoop at hd cafes

This stall was featured in previous Sunday ST as a top 5 old school eateries by the food critic Wong Ah Yoke.
  • Praise 3

This stall was featured in previous Sunday ST as a top 5 old school eateries by the food critic Wong Ah Yoke.

It has a long history. Haha hence it can charge gst lol
  • Praise 1

@tohto, thanks for your recommendation. [:)]  This stall is really torkong (barring the long Q)!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

1UUModn.jpg

ISvXsTJ.jpg

2Vmiw2s.jpg

dQmBr3f.jpg

Originally wanted to eat there, but as there is a change in schedule with my son's activity, have to dabao back, and surprisingly, the Mee Hoon Kuey is still so tender (not harden much or become lumpy) after >40min. The soup also taste very natural, neither salty nor over loaded with MSG.

I will be back (to the stall)...  [laugh]

• Praise 13

@tohto, thanks for your recommendation. [:)]  This stall is really torkong (barring the long Q)!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

1UUModn.jpg

ISvXsTJ.jpg

2Vmiw2s.jpg

dQmBr3f.jpg

Originally wanted to eat there, but as there is a change in schedule with my son's activity, have to dabao back, and surprisingly, the Mee Hoon Kuey is still so tender (not harden much or become lumpy) after >40min. The soup also taste very natural, neither salty nor over loaded with MSG.

I will be back (to the stall)...  [laugh]

Good that you love it.

If Tabao, I will always ask them to separate the soup.

And yes, the soup I will finish up everything...

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2