What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

Finally got to try the overhyped SS...early bird waited about 30mins for the open.

$40 for these...won’t go back again. Many other places offer much much better burgers for that kind of price point. If you don’t even like Carl’s junior...you may skip this SS...

With add on bacon, the shake stack burger bite sensation was pretty decent but too salty. The lettuce and tomatoes were chill while the rests of the burger were warm enough to give that mixed temperature feel on the lips and inside the mouth when you sink your teeth into it.

The chocolate “dessert” was so super rich and sweet that I could only afford two servings with a small teaspoon before I threw in the towel.

The “Common coffee” shake was sweet too but it had a pretty nicely balanced mix of coffee and chocolate to it but as a kopi C guy I’d prefer more of the coffee taste and fragrant than the chocolate.

Not going to talk much about the heavily overpriced hotdog...just avoid it if I must...

Those at ikea at least was fair to price it at a dollar. That SS “dog” not even in the same league as those at beehoon stall...super dry and hard was my assessment.

I had a much better time opposite at the Maison for about the same amount of $40 few weeks ago...

post-163127-0-81808400-1559625581_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16

Supersonic
(edited)

Went China town market hoping to have my usual YTF, but closed till 7 June. 

So, settle for this. 

attachicon.gifE80FD248-A387-4773-91B0-1C94D0AEDE86.jpeg

Bonus picture, the seats are screwed securely.  :grin:

attachicon.gif4DA0B1F2-5539-4E56-9518-CAF15477001D.jpeg

Kena screwed 4 times sure secure lah! :XD:Must show Teck Ghee people how to screw! [lipsrsealed] They only know how to fix but don't know how to screw!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 3

Wife and kids all out, lonely dinner... [smallcry]

FZA4z4q.jpg

nkdECbD.jpg

BTW, this Jjajiang noodle not nice, the original spicy version is still the best.

Yu kee

Bingo!

• Praise 12

Twincharged

Kena screwed 4 times sure secure lah! :XD:Must show Teck Ghee people how to screw! [lipsrsealed] They only know how to fix but don't know how to screw!

Wah Tech Ghee ah! Should wait for Pinky to visit and sit on it..

Head Pichar lobang see who will kenna jia lat jia lat.

• Praise 7

Hypersonic
(edited)

Finally got to try the overhyped SS...early bird waited about 30mins for the open.

$40 for these...wonât go back again. Many other places offer much much better burgers for that kind of price point. If you donât even like Carlâs junior...you may skip this SS...

With add on bacon, the shake stack burger bite sensation was pretty decent but too salty. The lettuce and tomatoes were chill while the rests of the burger were warm enough to give that mixed temperature feel on the lips and inside the mouth when you sink your teeth into it.

The chocolate âdessertâ was so super rich and sweet that I could only afford two servings with a small teaspoon before I threw in the towel.

The âCommon coffeeâ shake was sweet too but it had a pretty nicely balanced mix of coffee and chocolate to it but as a kopi C guy Iâd prefer more of the coffee taste and fragrant than the chocolate.

Not going to talk much about the heavily overpriced hotdog...just avoid it if I must...

Those at ikea at least was fair to price it at a dollar. That SS âdogâ not even in the same league as those at beehoon stall...super dry and hard was my assessment.

I had a much better time opposite at the Maison for about the same amount of $40 few weeks ago...

Try the tonkatsu by ma maison beside kam's if u go jewel next time. I think it's pretty good tonkatsu.

Lol I keep mentally reading SS as sheng siong

Edited by Lala81

Wife and kids all out, lonely dinner... [smallcry]

FZA4z4q.jpg

nkdECbD.jpg

BTW, this Jjajiang noodle not nice, the original spicy version is still the best.

I luckier, bro. Wife grilled some wings before she left.

post-210087-0-69445600-1559652554_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Teabreak. Favorite tau sar piah.

Must find time to buy one day. Seldom drive through there.

Isteaks. Zzz the person taking order gave me the nz instead of the aussie one. I passed the aussie one to my wife, or else its relatively more tough for her to chew down.

post-4207-0-15547500-1559652715_thumb.jpg

post-4207-0-22846000-1559652813_thumb.jpg

post-4207-0-37760300-1559652820_thumb.jpg

• Praise 15

Twincharged

So not worth the Q?

Never managed to get into a decent q so far

If quality not so good then long term the Q may shorten 

Photo strategically taken with the Maison sign, the quality there is good

post-163127-0-81808400-1559625581_thumb.

$40 for these...won’t go back again. Many other places offer much much better burgers for that kind of price point. If you don’t even like Carl’s junior...you may skip this SS...

The chocolate “dessert” was so super rich and sweet that I could only afford two servings with a small teaspoon before I threw in the towel.

The “Common coffee” shake was sweet too but it had a pretty nicely balanced mix of coffee and chocolate to it but as a kopi C guy I’d prefer more of the coffee taste and fragrant than the chocolate.

Those at ikea at least was fair to price it at a dollar. That SS “dog” not even in the same league as those at beehoon stall...super dry and hard was my assessment.

• Praise 13

Dinner at Huat Kee Teochew Rest...

Long time never been there..

Food still good and fresh..

The smoothest Orh Nee in Sgp.. n not so sweet..

Think G7 (Liang Kee) more value for money but atmosphere not so good..

post-52390-0-33018600-1559661623_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-66816800-1559661637_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-84711600-1559661655_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-80078900-1559661672_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-97913300-1559661681_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 20

When you wanna organise a MU session there? :a-dinner:

Dinner at Huat Kee Teochew Rest...
Long time never been there..
Food still good and fresh..
The smoothest Orh Nee in Sgp.. n not so sweet..
Think G7 (Liang Kee) more value for money but atmosphere not so good..