What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

Turbocharged

Chuan kee. Got 2 in singapore. Ghim moh (original) and Chong pang FC.

Braised duck is just braised duck, sorta taste largely the same. But i like their chilli, rice and their whole package.

Their soup is nice also if u are eating there.

Dun say like that lar, braised duck can be special one too. Miss the old stall at south buona vista.

↡ Advertisement

Dun say like that lar, braised duck can be special one too. Miss the old stall at south buona vista.

I ate many years ago once as an undergrad.

Wasn't impressed then. Never went back.

My point is that many stalls braised duck can be roughly similar. There are some pretty decent braised duck stalls around.

But it's more technically difficult to master duck roasting and ensure consistency.

The temperature, weather, condition of the ducks are different from day to day. The dryness or doneness is also harder to control.

You can eat a world class roast duck vs the normal roast duck. The difference is huge. But most famous braised duck stalls, the duck largely taste the same. The differences come in the rice, the sauce, the chilli. The entire package.

For Eg. Hup seng is very popular in sin ming as well. But i really don't like their chilli. When I do buy from them, I don't even bother to take the chilli anymore. Same for my wife.

• Praise 5

I only like the one from Sean Kee. Edited by Discoburg
  • Praise 2

I ate many years ago once as an undergrad.

Wasn't impressed then. Never went back.

My point is that many stalls braised duck can be roughly similar. There are some pretty decent braised duck stalls around.

But it's more technically difficult to master duck roasting and ensure consistency.

The temperature, weather, condition of the ducks are different from day to day. The dryness or doneness is also harder to control.

You can eat a world class roast duck vs the normal roast duck. The difference is huge. But most famous braised duck stalls, the duck largely taste the same. The differences come in the rice, the sauce, the chilli. The entire package.

For Eg. Hup seng is very popular in sin ming as well. But i really don't like their chilli. When I do buy from them, I don't even bother to take the chilli anymore. Same for my wife.

Some braised duck stall the meat texture better, i like the duck stall at zion rd food centre.

• Praise 1

snack .

Looks very unappetising. Lol!

Some braised duck stall the meat texture better, i like the duck stall at zion rd food centre.

There are 2 duck rice stalls. The one with the aunty boss is good and value for money. Queue can be quite insane. The la mian stall, prawn noodle, ckt, carrot cake stalls also attract endless queues. [laugh]

Oh, great world city parking now is like a madhouse. Blind 90 degree corners, single lane dead ends, cars going against traffic flow. Perfect place to work up an appetite. [laugh]

• Praise 5

How issit.

Not bad actually ... in the burger got cucumber, pineapple, satay source. But the fries too salty for me.

Cost me $17

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 4

Fried hokkien mee? Don't recall any prominent hokkien mee stall in that FC from my recollection.

The stores at Ghim Moh with long queues are

i) Jiu Jiang roast meat

ii) Chuan Kee

iii) Hakka yong tau foo

iv) old uncle CKT stall

v) the Mui fan/horfun stall

vi) Prawn noodle soup stall

There are some other stalls like the chee kueh, the hainanese chicken rice stall, the carrot cake stall also which are fairly popular.

Good information.

Ask my daughter to try all.

Now her JC Eunoia is at your former RI site.

• Praise 1

Looks very unappetising. Lol!

There are 2 duck rice stalls. The one with the aunty boss is good and value for money. Queue can be quite insane. The la mian stall, prawn noodle, ckt, carrot cake stalls also attract endless queues. [laugh]

Oh, great world city parking now is like a madhouse. Blind 90 degree corners, single lane dead ends, cars going against traffic flow. Perfect place to work up an appetite. [laugh]

Ya the ckt stall always super long queue and the queue doesnt seem to move at all. Prawn noodle not bad, i find the fish soup stall also not bad.

Pan-fried Tasmania Salmon and Pasta with Carbonara Sauce

The salmon has very little fats and thus a little dry / tough, will try baking in oven with onions next round.

Oiy2g34.jpg

59pbDow.jpg

2WY0aTk.jpg

C3650yq.jpg

• Praise 14

Pan-fried Tasmania Salmon and Pasta with Carbonara Sauce

The salmon has very little fats and thus a little dry / tough, will try baking in oven with onions next round.

Oiy2g34.jpg

59pbDow.jpg

2WY0aTk.jpg

C3650yq.jpg

I also take pan fried salmon tonight. Never take photo.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1