What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

One of the tastiest, smoothest and cleanest pig intestines i have eaten. Soup stock is flavoursome too. Very satisfying meal.

For bros who asked me, place is Geylang Bahru Hawker Centre, Blk 69 #01-22 Geylang Bahru.

I Googled and found more info :

post-34737-0-25089600-1565093617_thumb.jpg

post-34737-0-39479400-1565093641_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Had this at the cai png stall near my place. At just $3 (drumstick and a veg), cheaper than having those western fried chicken wing rice set (easily $4 and above).

52mZz1V.jpg

Ya lor 不是很好吃。

I tried this stall 2 months ago. I was attracted by the "5 grain bee hoon" and decided to try the chix bee hoon. The soup was so spicy and oily. Nothing special about the bee hoon too. I had a hard time finishing it. No wonder no queue.

I wanted the beef set initially but was told it was sold out. The soup for my set is not too spicy or salty, so I still can finish it, but really nothing special.

Nowadays we cook our lala at home.

Cheap, fast, easy.

But years ago we used to like eating the sambal lala at Newton Circus.

And we accepted the fact that half the lala shells were empty because that's how we thought it was.

But now we realise that the crooks at Newton must have added empty lala shells which they retrieved from the table cleaners.

Now I think about it I feel like [furious] Don't really see the emoji I was looking for.

The Lala in my set are all full with meat, the last photo was mean to show how many pieces of it and the size.

But agree with you that most stall at Hawker Center and food court serve Lala with empty shell only. Probably they have chosen the cheapest available from supplier and those cheap one typically have little or no meat. Trial and tested. The reality of cost cutting to offset the high overhead and rental.

• Praise 11

My first choice is the braised duck / Kway chup stall, followed by lor mee.

Dinner will be the double boiled soup stall.

OK. I will try the duck next time but just ate duck few days ago so gave it a pass. The lor mee is OK only niah but closed today.

Ghim Moh market æèä¸ chee Kueh. With pork lard taste.

This uncle is very strong. He cooks 25kg of lard at one go. Used to be some wushu champion.
  • Praise 1

One of the tastiest, smoothest and cleanest pig intestines i have eaten. Soup stock is flavoursome too. Very satisfying meal.

You made the dish washer's work very easy! [:)]

• Praise 2

Had this at the cai png stall near my place. At just $3 (drumstick and a veg), cheaper than having those western fried chicken wing rice set (easily $4 and above).

52mZz1V.jpg

I wanted the beef set initially but was told it was sold out. The soup for my set is not too spicy or salty, so I still can finish it, but really nothing special.

The Lala in my set are all full with meat, the last photo was mean to show how many pieces of it and the size.

But agree with you that most stall at Hawker Center and food court serve Lala with empty shell only. Probably they have chosen the cheapest available from supplier and those cheap one typically have little or no meat. Trial and tested. The reality of cost cutting to offset the high overhead and rental.

A stall called Tokio, iirc, at Ayer Raja does a sambal lala which is always 100% full of lala meat.

I just had braised duck rice tonight.

Looks epic.  Was it?

And the chili sambal dish is chocker full.

I usually get less than half that amount and when I ask for extra the stallholder gives me a dirty look.

• Praise 1

yu kee set meal? lol

How do you know?? Can you guess where I had it too?

A stall called Tokio, iirc, at Ayer Raja does a sambal lala which is always 100% full of lala meat.

Looks epic. Was it?

And the chili sambal dish is chocker full.

I usually get less than half that amount and when I ask for extra the stallholder gives me a dirty look.

Their chilli quite nice, sometimes even have small ikan bilis in it. I help myself to it, and the seller doesn't look bothered at all.

Anyway, I finished everything, so no wastage.

• Praise 5

How do you know?? Can you guess where I had it too?

Their chilli quite nice, sometimes even have small ikan bilis in it. I help myself to it, and the seller doesn't look bothered at all.

Anyway, I finished everything, so no wastage.

Their vegetable side is quite distinctive. Don't really like their rice and duck meat though. Tends to be drier.

Yes their chilli is not bad.

• Praise 1

Kway Zhup at Pasir Panjang food center. Surprisingly not bad! [thumbsup]

Zb2LT8j.jpg

Sorry was too engrossed with the conversation during the mu that I have forgotten to take photo of that stall. (the stall selling duck rice on the left hand side, with a newspaper reporting stating it is the top 10 duck rice/noodle in Singapore)

• Praise 11

I was curious about this Chappati and mutton Keema for a while liao. Happens to be around the SiM Lim, so went to this supposedly famous place. Azmi Restaurant.

Abit underwhelm, coz the expectation was high from the reviews it received. But the taste is still alright I finished the whole thing. Not that I am coming back again.

post-23584-0-97543500-1565197293_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 18