What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

4 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

Lol, i tried to snap but quite hard leh. Please any sis or bro going take a pic ya, and don't say my eyes got stamp ya

😄

We find Amoy and maxwell fish soup better than this one. I like my fish soup without salted vege but this one has

yah, don't find the upp serangoon one worth the q.

Try the one at havelock hawker if you like red grouper. For batang, try the one at beo crescent hawker.

The one at havelock uses tipoh (flatfish) as the base for the soup, is more towards the robust side.

The one at beo uses pork bones and fish, on the lighter side.

Edited by Etnt
  • Praise 6

After seeing the comments on paradise dynasty and echoed by my good friend. Went to eat today at T3. Actually I ate it few years ago but left unimpressed. I think their noodle stuff is OK but is still Lenu standard (their lower end sister chain).

But today try, it's really better than DTF which we have all agreed is underwhelming. Just need to know what to order. 

The fried rice is very good. Better than dtf. the sweet and sour pork is also very good (rec by my friend). I think even go upper tier Chinese restaurant also difficult to beat. 

Their children's set is probably one of the best sets I've seen for $6.80. 

20190912_133148_compress35.jpg

20190912_133151_compress31.jpg

20190912_132938_compress37.jpg

20190912_133156_compress13.jpg

• Praise 19

On 8/20/2019 at 1:52 PM, Spring said:

Bro @enye, I finally got to eat the YTF at Tanjong Pagar. Always long queue n same this time as well but since I was early, so queue abit shorter. Quite nice n at 60c per piece it’s quite value for money

post-48108-0-94835800-1566280336_thumb.jpeg

I cannot praise this ................. why ? 

:wut:

• Praise 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

After seeing the comments on paradise dynasty and echoed by my good friend. Went to eat today at T3. Actually I ate it few years ago but left unimpressed. I think their noodle stuff is OK but is still Lenu standard (their lower end sister chain).

But today try, it's really better than DTF which we have all agreed is underwhelming. Just need to know what to order. 

The fried rice is very good. Better than dtf. the sweet and sour pork is also very good (rec by my friend). I think even go upper tier Chinese restaurant also difficult to beat. 

YAY! Welcome to the club 🤗

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Look like I must give it a visit to try out soon.

Normall I eat at paradise classic.

• Praise 3

Dinner at T2's Central Thai 

Phad Thai and Thai Milk Tea. Tea tasted like they used cardamom spice. Mango sticky rice dessert. Sorry, eat too fast no photo.😅

Overall good meal. Treat, me no pay.😁

20190912_171450_resize_17.jpg

• Praise 17

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Look like I must give it a visit to try out soon.

Normall I eat at paradise classic.

It's just a better version of dtf. Though I didn't try the pork chop (cos of the sweet sour pork) 

Personally for paradise group restaurants, though I like some things at Lenu. I don't really like canton paradise dim sum and noodles. Though their zi char dishes are not bad as well. 

Don't think I've been to paradise classic. 

Edited by Lala81

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Cat and the fiddle cake. Queen of hearts. 

20190912_194128_compress31.jpg

Interesting. Both name and cake itself. Anything special about this cake? Very sweet?

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Interesting. Both name and cake itself. Anything special about this cake? Very sweet?

It's a cheesecake with strawberry topping. Goes quite well. Bit tangy and sweet to complement the rich cheesy taste. The blueberry one (over the moon) is somewhat similar. There's another one with yuzu but never try before. 

It's home delivery for $6.90. So we tend to get it 2-3 times a year for our birthdays. 

Can't go wrong with cat and fiddle cheesecakes in general. 

• Praise 4

Dinner tonight, left office early.

Ah Chiang or something porridge at JEMS basement. First pipping hot dinner this week. Lady's fingers in Thai chilli sauce and cold cut chicken with ginger sauce.

Oh ya, the lady's fingers not fibrous . . .dunno why?

IMG_20190912_220337.jpg

Edited by Count-Bracula
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15