What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

Nasi Padang from a shop along Amoy Street but at more than $7 it’s rather pricey but the portion esp the Rendang is quite big. Taste is nice as well😋

9998E2C0-91EC-481B-A026-AD393CC57F8F.jpeg

• Praise 18

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

Nasi Padang from a shop along Amoy Street but at more than $7 it’s rather pricey but the portion esp the Rendang is quite big. Taste is nice as well😋

9998E2C0-91EC-481B-A026-AD393CC57F8F.jpeg

Very expensive 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:44 AM, Lala81 said:

That's fu zhu? how come curled up one. Thought it comes in a small sheet

I am using the thicker 腐竹条 / 腐竹枝, bought from provision stall. You can either deep fried it to make it crispy, or soak it in water to make is soft like normal 腐竹. I was rushing the other day, and did neither, just wet it by rinsing with water and stir fried, thus you still can see the shape almost intact (and it was slightly tough in the mouth too - ended up I have to finish most of it myself).

food13600721105013Q7.jpg

14449776_1759506077639231_35686268812069

13 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Looks very little only. Hope it’s filling for u.[:/]

Sadly now all hawker stall want to make their food look "atas" so that they can price it higher (the one I had cost $5). Yes, the portion is relatively small by normal zhi char standard, and I have to take some snack to last me till bed time. I still prefer the zhi char stall type, 1 big box good for 3 pax is just ~$8 - $10.

2xGfEqv.jpg

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

1st time made pumpkin bread. With cook and uncook pumpkin.

rps20191009_075651.jpg

rps20191009_075701.jpg

rps20191009_075709.jpg

You beat me to it. [thumbsup] I was planning to do it tonight. I have already got my wife to cut the pumpkin into small piece for me last night. I will be using raw pumpkin plus something else for my bread. Check out my post tomorrow. 😄

S6AnnN9.jpg

• Praise 15

7 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I am using the thicker 腐竹条 / 腐竹枝, bought from provision stall. You can either deep fried it to make it crispy, or soak it in water to make is soft like normal 腐竹. I was rushing the other day, and did neither, just wet it by rinsing with water and stir fried, thus you still can see the shape almost intact (and it was slightly tough in the mouth too - ended up I have to finish most of it myself).

food13600721105013Q7.jpg

bro, i bought this type before from supermarket. Disappointing to me. If got chance, you try to buy from those from 干粮 stalls in wet market. Much better 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3

Just now, Othello said:

bro, i bought this type before from supermarket. Disappointing to me. If got chance, you try to buy from those 干粮 stalls in wet market. Much better 

May I know what are the different? Do the 干粮 stalls sell in loose pack? I got mine (not this brand) from Albert Center at 四马路. If I were to soak it, taste quite ok, but deep fried cannot make it, probably I use not enough amount of oil.

• Praise 6

2 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

May I know what are the different? Do the 干粮 stalls sell in loose pack? I got mine (not this brand) from Albert Center at 四马路. If I were to soak it, taste quite ok, but deep fried cannot make it, probably I use not enough amount of oil.

they sell by weight. when i throw into my steamboat, it will retain the shape. The supermarket ones will turn very soft (flat) and almost tasteless .... or maybe i bought the lousy brand 😄

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Othello said:

they sell by weight. when i throw into my steamboat, it will retain the shape. The supermarket ones will turn very soft (flat) and almost tasteless .... or maybe i bought the lousy brand 😄

OK got you. I think what you bought is the 腐竹枝, thicker and tougher type, which is suitable for soup.

Non-GMO-Soybean-Products-Dried-Tofu-Skin

Mine is the softer type for deep or stir fried, similar to what used by those selling 麻辣香锅.

• Praise 10

Mr Bean promo.  $2 wholegrain rice with chicken.  1st 100 bowls.  1 pax can only buy 1 bowl.  Surprisingly V Hotel Branch no Q.

20191009_122902.jpg

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 18

27 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Mr Bean promo.  $2 wholegrain rice with chicken.  1st 100 bowls.  1 pax can only buy 1 bowl.  Surprisingly V Hotel Branch no Q.

Looks delicious. I havent try the rice bowl by Mr Bean. So far only buy their soya bean milk. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

You no sian eating this so often..

That's the problem. 

No sian. If like to eat something, eat until some hawkers from afar will start preparing my dish before i reach them.😳🤭

Boring person. 

Btw Sat/Sun usually they sold out by 2pm plus. So in case some bros/sistas want to go on weekends pls note.

Weekdays usually 6ish. Mondays closed. Not my business or related in any way.

Happy eating! Eat die me🤤😋

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1