What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

36 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Envy apple is not cheap. 5 apple will cost about $6

You are right, not cheap, crunchy and sweet. Next time I better check the price tag if not get accused of re-tagging with intention to cheat. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Bought a pack of 5 NZ Envy apples from ntuc 2-3 days ago. Did not realized it was wrongly labelled until just now. I was not aware and paid at the cashier, a honest mistake some would say.

IMG_20191017_232217.jpg

cheater [mad]

• Haha! 8

10 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Bought a pack of 5 NZ Envy apples from ntuc 2-3 days ago. Did not realized it was wrongly labelled until just now. I was not aware and paid at the cashier, a honest mistake some would say.

IMG_20191017_232217.jpg

The other day I bought envy apples cost me $6.95 le! So you paid $0.87? 😂

• Haha! 4

36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The other day I bought envy apples cost me $6.95 le! So you paid $0.87? 😂

yah I think SS selling 4 in a bag $6.95, I bought just last week. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Envy apple is not cheap. 5 apple will cost about $6

SS 4 in a big already is $6.95 liao, but quite big, bigger than the usual apples. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

18 hours ago, Spring said:

Yes but if u see under Crave, the receipe is from Selera Rasa? Think need the experts to comment. 

Adam road Nasi lemak is stall 1. Selera Rasa is stall 2
Crave is from selera rasa. It's the 2nd generation setting up franchise (maybe it's the brother's side setting it up)

I haven't tried Crave yet. 

• Praise 3

14 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

yah I think SS selling 4 in a bag $6.95, I bought just last week. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

apples are apples to me. Ironically i prefer them smaller as they are meant to be shared between my kids for school snack. I just try to avoid china apples unless it's Fuji apples. 

Edited by Lala81

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

apples are apples to me. Ironically i prefer them smaller as they are meant to be shared between my kids for school snack

Big apples shared better la. So usually i buy the envy apples or china apples.

12 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

20 cents apples, jiak liao jin pai seh 😁

Envy apples usually not cheap de, really must feel pai seh siah. Lol. 

12 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

20 cents apples, jiak liao jin pai seh 😁

mai pai seh, share share with me lah, pass half of the pai seh to me... [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

apples are apples to me. Ironically i prefer them smaller as they are meant to be shared between my kids for school snack. I just try to avoid china apples unless it's Fuji apples. 

I buy Candy Apples for my boys. Small enough to put in lunch box. 1 bag under $2. Sometimes even got promo !! 

I basically do not buy any vegetables or fruits from China. 

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Othello said:

I buy Candy Apples for my boys. Small enough to put in lunch box. 1 bag under $2. Sometimes even got promo !! 

I basically do not buy any vegetables or fruits from China. 

haha all garlic is from china. Cabbage also.
Somethings have to eat china one lah. Fuji apple sometimes got korean one but if not, the china one also ok. Pears definitely mostly all china.

I know which apple u talking about. But i usually buy the NZ ones (not sure what breed), about 5-6 dollars for a bag as well. but all smaller size. Half way between the candy and the bigger apples.

Red apples have a very high amount of fructose inside, so don't need too sweet ones.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Adam road Nasi lemak is stall 1. Selera Rasa is stall 2
Crave is from selera rasa. It's the 2nd generation setting up franchise (maybe it's the brother's side setting it up)

I haven't tried Crave yet. 

OK tks for clarification bro, will try stall no. 1 next time. These Nasi Lemak guys cashing in on the Adam Road name might pull a fast one on not so well informed guys like me but luckily got you foodie guys to clarify:a-good:

I had the same issue at Changi Village Nasi Lemak, didn't know which is the stall so ate the front corner one but later was told by bro @Carbon82 that the original was another one.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Just like durian is not just durian, there are so many different taste. Oranges are the same, so is apple. 

They all taste different, its just you happen to be interested in them or not. 

But different apples really have a great different, next time I bring you a few different types, one bite cfm you can tell the different..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

OK tks for clarification bro, will try stall no. 1 next time. These Nasi Lemak guys cashing in on the Adam Road name might pull a fast one on not so well informed guys like me but luckily got you foodie guys to clarify:a-good:

I had the same issue at Changi Village Nasi Lemak, didn't know which is the stall so ate the front corner one but later was told by bro @Carbon82 that the original was another one.

Just like Katong laksa . . . 

17 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

wow the fish look very fresh 😋

Lala is Teochew nang?

↡ Advertisement