What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

22 minutes ago, Spring said:

Wanton Mee from Wah Kee at Amoy Street Food Centre. This stall used to be at Maxwell run by a Cantonese old couple n now taken over by the son n his wife after they moved to Amoy few years back. The char siew is nicely done n so too the wanton n dumpling😋👍

Just too bad the texture of the noodles not “eggy, chewy” type as otherwise, it would have been the perfect wanton noodles👍

A8777013-3D59-400E-8CAB-F5AA3D29BEC2.jpeg

quite sizable portion !! $5 ? 

I also prefer those that use QQ noodles. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Othello said:

quite sizable portion !! $5 ? 

I also prefer those that use QQ noodles. 

This is $4.50, there is a smaller version at $3.50 but don't have dumplings I think. Ya QQ is the way to go for wanton noodles[thumbsup]

• Praise 8

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

True la. Maybe those fried beehoon, luncheon meat and sausage common to see people eat as breakfast. But fried chicken as breakfast still like not that common, although fried chicken wing also a common food as breakfast lo. For me eat fried foods for breakfast like a bit heavy. Lol. 

If you are like me,  eat breakfast at 3/4/5pm,  fried elephant also is not very heavy. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Those night shift ppl, they go to work at night,  when they wake up,  many also can eat fried chicken,  that one also their breakfast leh. 

You got eat roti prata,  curry puffs or you cha kuay for breakfast?  Those all fried food hor. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

If you are like me,  eat breakfast at 3/4/5pm,  fried elephant also is not very heavy. 

Those night shift ppl, they go to work at night,  when they wake up,  many also can eat fried chicken,  that one also their breakfast leh. 

You got eat roti prata,  curry puffs or you cha kuay for breakfast?  Those all fried food hor. [:p][laugh][laugh]

haha this guy taste bud quite light one. He say he don't eat fried thing at home [:p]

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 5

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Wanton Mee from Wah Kee at Amoy Street Food Centre. This stall used to be at Maxwell run by a Cantonese old couple n now taken over by the son n his wife after they moved to Amoy few years back. The char siew is nicely done n so too the wanton n dumpling😋👍

Just too bad the texture of the noodles not “eggy, chewy” type as otherwise, it would have been the perfect wanton noodles👍

A8777013-3D59-400E-8CAB-F5AA3D29BEC2.jpeg

I like their beef brisket noodle too.

• Praise 7

First time trying at Beatty Lane - Curry Mutton w/rice

Curry is fragrant, mutton pieces tender and rice hot and fluffy. Spicy sambal chilli w fresh cucumbers.

20191021_181120_resize_21.jpg

20191021_184113_resize_60.jpg

• Praise 17

11 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Looks like congee, taste like congee, but its not congee.... 

Oatmeal porridge with can tuna and 3 eggs...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

rps20191019_132101.jpg

I like less watery type, got butter, egg, maple syrup, milk, fruit.

rps20191021_191620.jpg

• Praise 16
  • Haha! 1

Visited a friend at TTSH

After that went to Kopitiam :

First, had Ginko nut with lotus seed. Cheng tng "soup" base. Quite sweet with dried longans and red dates. 

Then walk a few steps away to Mr Bean to buy Guala Malacca Beancurd and 1 Hazelnut pancake. Surprisingly both items not sweet.

Tam jiak😋🤤

20191021_192549.jpg

20191021_195845_resize_54.jpg

20191021_195828_resize_94.jpg

20191021_195808_resize_69.jpg

• Praise 15

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

haha this guy taste bud quite light one. He say he don't eat fried thing at home [:p]

You are totally right. 👍😂

46 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Visited a friend at TTSH

First, had Ginko nut with lotus seed. Cheng tng "soup" base. Quite sweet with dried longans and red dates. 

Then walk a few steps away to Mr Bean to buy Guala Malacca Beancurd and 1 Hazelnut pancake. Surprisingly both items not sweet.

Tam jiak😋🤤

20191021_192549.jpg

20191021_195845_resize_54.jpg

20191021_195828_resize_94.jpg

20191021_195808_resize_69.jpg

I wonder if you heavier than our 165kg resident?😬

Jk.

• Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

If you are like me,  eat breakfast at 3/4/5pm,  fried elephant also is not very heavy. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Maybe shift people different time zone, so wake up eat fried chicken is common? Lol.

Used to eat those fried food for breakfast lo, but now seldom liao. 😂

54 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Visited a friend at TTSH

Tam jiak😋🤤

That shows how sweet the cheng tng is ...

The hazelnut pancake the filling is sweet (though not really the pancake). I eat it at SGH or KK when I'm there...

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

That shows how sweet the cheng tng is ...

The hazelnut pancake the filling is sweet (though not really the pancake). I eat it at SGH or KK when I'm there...

Find the hazelnut filling not alot but pancake alot 😅 hence not so sweet comparatively.

I like this and the eggwich with ham.

This was an unusual weekend for me.

Attended a wedding dinner on Sat night. Next evening attended a wake and tonight visited a friend in hospital. I am waiting for someone to pass me an invite for a baby's shower.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2