What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

19 minutes ago, Spring said:

Yes deer meat but $10 hor, much more expensive than mutton or chicken. I suppose deer meat is neutral as in no gamy taste like mutton whilst not having any religious issues like beef and pork.

This Zam Zam n its neighbour Victory really up the stakes. They got minders at the road side who will take orders from cars who drive by, walkie talkie the shop inside and in few mins, another guy will come running out with your order, even McDonalds drive thru lose[:)]

They also have a double decker Murtabak (equivalent of Big Mac[:p]) with plentiful meat and green chilli inside. Portion enough for 3 at least, if not 4[thumbsup] 

true entrepreneurs!!! :a-good::a-good::a-good:

cheaper than investing in the drive thru system, and got that personal touch. No need to drive thru, this one just drive pass..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Spring said:

This Zam Zam n its neighbour Victory really up the stakes. They got minders at the road side who will take orders from cars who drive by, walkie talkie the shop inside and in few mins, another guy will come running out with your order, even McDonalds drive thru lose[:)]

only during puasa period, always cause a jam and take up 2-3 lanes.

• Praise 2

41 minutes ago, Spring said:

Yes deer meat but $10 hor, much more expensive than mutton or chicken. I suppose deer meat is neutral as in no gamy taste like mutton whilst not having any religious issues like beef and pork.

They also have a double decker Murtabak (equivalent of Big Mac[:p]) with plentiful meat and green chilli inside. Portion enough for 3 at least, if not 4[thumbsup] 

The very first drive-throughs in the 1950s in the states were like that. But u can park there and eat also.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Zam Zam.

Deer Murtabak, Chicken n Mutton Briyani for $25. Delicious 😋 the Mutton Briyani tastes better than the Chicken whilst deer meat is very close to beef which we can nvr get at Indian restaurants. 

624C0BB6-DF0D-41B1-B428-86C10006877E.jpeg

459A7A56-F2D8-4E98-8196-95E301BDFCB9.jpeg

My bad, at first glance I thought u wrote, Dear Murtabak, chicken and so on..😂 

Never knew there is deer Murtabak. 😊

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Ate at UnaUna on Bugis+ 4th floor. Much cheaper than Man Man Unagi. Can go if you want to satisfy your Unagi craving.

This is the double portion Hitsumabushi $19.80.

CFCF088B-37F7-4F14-B5B6-CA7191CAB35E.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 15

On 10/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, Asicskk said:

me too , one of my favourite since childhood 👍😀

Plus 1! I like the small single piece, not those cut out from a giant piece!

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Worked here for almost three years and first time ate the prawn noodles.

3BA13D79-95B5-4DFE-9A82-7CE52E15E59B.thumb.jpeg.79071568eca6c95d66cc7b28b8dccafb.jpeg

The soup look like very clear leh...

Chicken Cutlet Rice at Simei. 

fe7EWXs.jpg

p3XJK2P.jpg

@Tohto regarding 马子禄拉面, the noodle is quite soft (but not soggy type), and the best part is with the broth and sliced beef. Both have same taste and texture as those I had in China. Very unlike the other 拉面 in Singapore, which is overly heavy in taste.

The shop was recommended to my wife by her PRC colleagues, so it should be something close to what they used to have at home, I assume. 

• Praise 16

6 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Grapes now in season mah.

The thompson (green) and  crimsion (light purple)  are quite common, and cheap now. 

The Sapphire (my son calls them " long ass grapes), we dont get them often, and they are more pricey. The last lot I saw was not very fresh, but this new lot seem alot better, so faster grab some. ^_^

green ones usually dont have that siap siap skin taste, but some times can be sour. [:p][laugh][laugh]

try the long dark ones (sapphire), sweet and crispy, sometime too sweet, but remember to choose the harder ones..[:p]

Go get this from Sheng Shong.

Royal Autumn green grape. 

The flesh is very crunchy and very sweet unlike other grape that are soft inside.

rps20191023_195708.jpg

rps20191023_195717.jpg

• Praise 10

Double mix for my lunch from roasted delight..  as recommend from bro here. 

nice. 

IMG-20191023-WA0015.jpg

Edited by Credor
  • Praise 13

2 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

My bad, at first glance I thought u wrote, Dear Murtabak, chicken and so on..😂 

Never knew there is deer Murtabak. 😊

Oh dear, @Spring if one day you go "Dear Murtabak, Chicken n Mutton Briyani for $25."  I will be worry for you... [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

27 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Plus 1! I like the small single piece, not those cut out from a giant piece!

I dont mind the cut pcs, but I always ask for the side cuts, those with the crispy sides.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Talking about bananas, my brother sent me this video.

Sharing for information.

Disclaimer : pls use own discretion and research to verify truth. These days so many health foods, fruits etc that one minute is must have next minute its eat less and then one day its dun touch.

😅😅🤪😂

Heard about its benefits for so long. Some say the real good stuff are the inner lining of the skin.

Btw, I have been eating bananas almost daily!

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I dont mind the cut pcs, but I always ask for the side cuts, those with the crispy sides.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yes yes, the side skirts. Very nice!

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Go get this from Sheng Shong.

Royal Autumn green grape. 

The flesh is very crunchy and very sweet unlike other grape that are soft inside.

rps20191023_195708.jpg

rps20191023_195717.jpg

I saw these, mostly place at the fridge area beside the organic stuffs.  Didnt buy because they cost more, and mostly not very fresh liao. The vines are all drying up and once you wash them, they starts to drop. 

Most grapes are crunchy when fresh, and usually sweet when in season. Those that turn soft usually not too good liao.

To check if the grapes are fresh, look at the vine, if they are brown and dry like the one above, they have been sitting in the fridge for a while already. Next thing, if you shake them when washing, and they starts to drop away from the vines, also no fresh anymore, even if they are still crunchy. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But you say good, I know is sure good!! :a-good:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2