What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

23 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Looks great.

But tell me about the sotong.

Why do you not remove the outside skin, I always do myself but don't mind when eating outside if it's left on.  And do you fully clean out the inside of the sotong.  Again I always do but many restaurants don't.  One time I found a 50mm long small fish inside the sotong which was not digested at all so prolly just been swallowed.

Skin on or off I still eat but OC will strip the skin and clean the inside too. If you eat sotong kia, you do find interesting stuff insides.😁

BTW, this stall serves the sotong cold with a dash of lime and usual plum sauce.

Edited by TangoCharlie
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 11/12/2019 at 4:37 PM, Coltplussport said:

Upper Serangoon so Long, can share exact location?

Very sorry, did not provide the full address as it was my friend who brought me there and I did note the address. This food court is located at block 160 Hougang Street 11 (I mistook the road for Upper Serangoon Road earlier as it is behind Upper Serangoon Shopping Center).

The char kuey teow  not bad, but not the fried hokkien mee my friend had.

IMG_20191119_163035.jpg

• Praise 20

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Skin on or off I still eat but OC will strip the skin and clean the inside too. If you eat sotong kia, you do find interesting stuff insides.😁

BTW, this stall serves the sotong cold with a dash of lime and usual plum sauce.

I like this recipe for sotong.

• Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Roast Paradise at Old Airport Road HC with my daughter after her paper. Have to admit that the char siew is the best in ve9ZWFH.jpg

This stall got open for dinner like around 6pm plus?

Edited by 13177

10 hours ago, Neutrino said:

I think it's Power in Boon Lay.

No queue was Banana Leaf Nasi Lemak.

I posted few weeks ago about Power Nasi Lemak. Really nothing special at all. I tired a few times before arriving at the conclusion. 

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This stall got open for dinner like around 6pm plus?

I went around lunch time (before 12) and queue is already quite long. The sign stated operation hours is till 6pm but the other time I went with a few MCFers, sold out before 6. Best to go by 5pm+, just in case. 

• Praise 8

39 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Roast Paradise at Old Airport Road HC with my daughter after her paper. Have to admit that the char siew is the best in Singapore! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

TSirVJl.jpg

ve9ZWFH.jpg

Htq9JFN.jpg

gO5diK3.jpg

The best Char Siew in SG and MY.

I always buy $10 char siew without rice.

For lunch time, sometime try out by 1am.  Need to wait 30 - 45 mins for next batch.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

I posted few weeks ago about Power Nasi Lemak. Really nothing special at all. I tired a few times before arriving at the conclusion. 

I went around lunch time (before 12) and queue is already quite long. The sign stated operation hours is till 6pm but the other time I went with a few MCFers, sold out before 6. Best to go by 5pm+, just in case. 

Looks like have to go for early lunch like 11pm plus. Still havent got chance to eat their char siew,

• Praise 1

Lunch - Sliced fish soup and rice

Dinner - Ban Mein

Healthy hor. Not my usual fat fat fried fried stuff. Think my body had a serious meeting recently. So soup seems in favour for now. But likely not for long cos Carbon82's char siew meal sent a very strong message via my eyes to my brain to lock in location again.😂😂😂🤤

20191119_201858_resize_20.jpg

20191120_174304_resize_45.jpg

• Praise 15
  • Haha! 2

Lunch at Lorne, GOR. 

Self cooked dinner. Sick of burgers and fries after macs dinner last night and lunch fried food again. Managed to cook this without oil and a faulty non stick pan (hence needed to boil the onsen eggs). 

20191120_131531_compress81.jpg

20191120_131521_compress36.jpg

20191120_133023_compress70.jpg

20191120_131526_compress51.jpg

20191120_212617_compress58.jpg

20191120_211201_compress94.jpg

20191120_205636_compress15.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 18