What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Save the money  for other food.

actually the shihlin one in singapore is quite decent with their spice mix. I don't think the TW ones are better.

I don't mind chicken breast though. But haha think u don't like.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Just had lunch at a eating place beside the highway, I'm doing my rounds again in the provinces paddling my wares today.

Rustic eating place
gvbsD1T.jpg

Spacious, natural and sabai sabai
Qpt9gBR.jpg

3 dishes meal
YucHhiZ.jpg

Krapow chicken
ddBMVHH.jpg

Gai jeow moo saab, omelete with mninced pork
vhmlPBL.jpg

Seabass tomyam
DBzY6ZA.jpg

• Praise 14

1 hour ago, steveluv said:

Just had lunch at a eating place beside the highway, I'm doing my rounds again in the provinces paddling my wares today.

Rustic eating place
gvbsD1T.jpg

Spacious, natural and sabai sabai
Qpt9gBR.jpg

3 dishes meal
YucHhiZ.jpg

Krapow chicken
ddBMVHH.jpg

Gai jeow moo saab, omelete with mninced pork
vhmlPBL.jpg

Seabass tomyam
DBzY6ZA.jpg

I am missing the various stops along the highway and the food I had in Thailand.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

I am missing the various stops along the highway and the food I had in Thailand.

Do it again.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

I can fully understand you. Whenever I travel after 3 days I will miss Thailand especially food and life here.

Always sabai sabai. People are nice, food is great, service top notch. We not even touch on cost of living here including medical.

I cannot imagine one day I have to go back to live in Singapore.

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Tohto said:

Love this dish in Taiwan.  Mala stinky toufu with duck blood soup.

rps20191205_193126.jpg

I love duck blood soup, as well as the pig brain soup in Taiwan! 

20 hours ago, Tohto said:

Very disappointed.

IMG-20191205-WA0011.jpg

Too much flour, and I guess the seasoning (MSG) gao gao too... Actually our ShiLin version not bad liao... 

• Praise 8

Err which one look more atas? 🤣🤣 

OK I know both look "chao da"... 😅😅

For the first time, the salmon fillet sticking onto the non-stick pan. Maybe time to hunt for a new one. This Tefal pan have been with me for >7years liao and can see many fine scratches on the surface. 

MfCSw50.jpg

ONN065X.jpg

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 3

49 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Err which one look more atas? 🤣🤣 

OK I know both look "chao da"... 😅😅

For the first time, the salmon fillet sticking onto the non-stick pan. Maybe time to hunt for a new one. This Tefal pan have been with me for >7years liao and can see many fine scratches on the surface. 

Plate looks more atas than bowl lo. But both looks nice la. 😂  Esp i like salmon fish. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I love duck blood soup, as well as the pig brain soup in Taiwan! 

Too much flour, and I guess the seasoning (MSG) gao gao too... Actually our ShiLin version not bad liao... 

This Taiwan trip was quite disappointed with some of the street food.

But those hidden store inside small street where local eat for lunch and dinner are very good.  Like what we had tonight like a small zi cha store. Total only about $35 for all this dishes. Beef, seafood got sea cucumber some more. Portion is big. One more dish never take photo.

I like to walk into their local market  市场 to hunt for local food.

IMG-20191206-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20191206-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20191206-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20191206-WA0026.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 13

Dinner. After a few years, Yishun Park hc gradually has some stalls that are notable. 

蕉财 hotplate bbq. Their Sambal stingray best dish. One salted egg sotong with no pict. Others average for zi char standard. 

Smokin' Joe. Cheapest thing on their menu. This Chicken thigh is 8 dollars. But the quality is better than most cafe or restaurants. 

Potato salad I made for bbq tomorrow. 1.5kg of Russets. Modified the recipe to what I have. Added some roasted sesame seeds but think put too little. Got lost in the dressing.

Took me 2.5 hrs+ to do and clean up even though just a simple side. Shack man. Cooking is quite time sapping. 

20191206_191040_compress53.jpg

20191206_191417_compress24.jpg

20191206_205617_compress82.jpg

20191206_190703_compress59.jpg

• Praise 14

16 minutes ago, Tohto said:

This Taiwan trip was quite disappointed with some of the street food.

But those hidden store inside small street where local eat for lunch and dinner are very good.  Like what we had tonight like a small zi cha store. Total only about $35 for all this dishes. Beef, seafood got sea cucumber some more. One more dish never take photo.

IMG-20191206-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20191206-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20191206-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20191206-WA0026.jpg

Their street food lot of it is just deep fried. Not everything appeals to us older folks bah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1