What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Their street food lot of it is just deep fried. Not everything appeals to us older folks bah. 

You dont eat deep fried? I find many street food is deep fried de, cannot avoid.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

You dont eat deep fried? I find many street food is deep fried de, cannot avoid.

I do. But i won't eat too much. Or only eat certain types. Or else feeling bloated or sore throat not worth it.

Like deep fried taiwanese sausage is just too gelat or greasy. which i had at Feng Jia.

I went Feng jia last year, but i didn't really try too much grease bombs . of course i was with my kids, and that limited a lot things i couldn't eat (or had time to queue up for).

Korea also, most of the street food at myeongdong is mostly just deep fried potato etc etc. But at namdaemun, then got the mung bean pancakes hottoek etc.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

What's the small pieces on the Right? almond flakes?

For richer taste, I use Chinese almond instead (i.e. 南杏+北杏).

NS.jpg

Traditional almond (we call it Ang Mo almond) is less flavorful and not as sweet in comparison.

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

NS.jpg

Traditional almond (we call it Ang Mo almond) is less flavorful and not as sweet in comparison.

learnt something new today!! Never knew this. Very interesting. i go read somemore.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, 13177 said:

My twice experience with different Taiwanese night market street food.

Eat already - immediately sore throat even though careful to let food cool before eating, and drink water also.

My conclusion is that the frying oil is re-use near forever...

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

My twice experience with different Taiwanese night market street food.

Eat already - immediately sore throat even though careful to let food cool before eating, and drink water also.

My conclusion is that the frying oil is re-use near forever...

Soar throat most like is due to the re-used oil.  Sometimes you can see the colour if the oil is dark brown! Very unhealthy!

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Soar throat most like is due to the re-used oil.  Sometimes you can see the colour if the oil is dark brown! Very unhealthy!

The oil they used also can lead to sore throat? Now then i know. Lol.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

NS.jpg

I thought 北杏 should be bitter. U just add a bit? 南杏 is the sweet one right? 

• Praise 1

Lunch

Ipoh Curry chicken noodles. Broth is a bit more saltier. Less gelat in terms of not much cream inside. But on the other hand, people usually expect this Chinese curry style dish to be more creamy in nature. 

The tau pok seems to be something more substantially chewy and denser than the usual taupok. But it doesn't soak up the curry broth well. While I appreciate it being more than just mostly air inside, doesn't blend well with the dish. Could do with more tao geh I feel. 

Can see what the hawker is trying to do by not being the usual sg style curry mee, but not sure if it really works out better. 

20191207_141857_compress35.jpg

• Praise 11