What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Yeah the pancakes are nice and yeah the SQ food sucks.

I like to eat such style of pancakes but it would be very sweet. The SQ foods sucks? The presentation of the food looks quite appetising le.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I like to eat such style of pancakes but it would be very sweet. The SQ foods sucks? The presentation of the food looks quite appetising le.

Sq food is OK only niah. Usually bit limp or sl soggy due to being reheated and steamed up... 

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Brunch at 80 circuit road. Laksa decent. Old school. 

Collected my pineapple tarts. Not bad. Can taste its freshly baked

Is this pineapple tart famous until you need to go to circuit road to pre-order and collect. Lol. This area reminds me of one fried hokkien mee stall nearby at 79 hawker centre, the taste similar to what i used to eat when i was young.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Is this pineapple tart famous until you need to go to circuit road to pre-order and collect. Lol. This area reminds me of one fried hokkien mee stall nearby at 79 hawker centre, the taste similar to what i used to eat when i was young.

The main circuit road FC very few stalls open. Yes famous for hokkien mee. I tore a 60 cent coupon. Walked around for few mins and drove off. Zzz..

Was thinking of whether to go Bendemeer FC already... when see got a small HC open. So try yi sia... Too bad it's Wilson parking at the home baker and this 80 market carpark, so my coupon wasted. 

Home Baker. Sarpork sg aunty! 

• Praise 4

19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The main circuit road FC very few stalls open. Yes famous for hokkien mee. I tore a 60 cent coupon. Walked around for few mins and drove off. Zzz..

Was thinking of whether to go Bendemeer FC already... when see got a small HC open. So try yi sia... Too bad it's Wilson parking at the home baker and this 80 market carpark, so my coupon wasted. 

Macpherson there so small area got 3 FCs !! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

True, the main circuit rd FC always few stalls open de, also dont know what is their operation hours? But at least when i was there that time, the fried hokkien mee stall is open. Lol.

You still using tearing of coupon? Should use the parking apps, at least you no need to lugi if you parked only for a few mins. Actually you can walk from 79 to 80 market le, no need to drive also can. 

6 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Bfast sunny side with bacon at CCP. 

Food for past week😅🤤. Managed to get a seat at Jewel A&W. Only took Root Beer Float for nostalgic walk. Root Beer could be colder though.

20200109_205458_resize_97.jpg.fa1208dff9ad4e203e60dcdeb675d0cb.jpg

20200105_184755_resize_4.jpg

A&W is expensive here ........  hows the taste compared to the 80s ?

I like Hun Zng .... but cant find good one. Everytime eat already tummy not well hahaha 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

A&W is expensive here ........  hows the taste compared to the 80s ?

I like Hun Zng .... but cant find good one. Everytime eat already tummy not well hahaha 

A&W root beer float tasted sweeter comparatively to the 80s. Less "gassy" and not as chilled. Won't be taking it again. It was a short memory lane to walk. Once is enough.🤪

The pork intestines noodles at Geylang Bahru Hawker Centre is nice, clean and yummy. No powdery feel in mouth. Quite difficult to find nice ones these days, either taste bitter, powdery or rubbery machiam chew until dentures drop oso no let go feel.😂😂

Tummy is well and no runs after each meal. Think either my tummy stronger or those intestines properly cleaned.

Do try if u happen to be in the area. Stall opens from 12noon though. Till 8ish unless sold out. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Simple breakfast today only 40 baht ($1.80)

zJZI9GB.jpg

And then was time for lunch with 3 fellow travelling salesmen at a village stall having simple rice and dishes

Sardine in tomato sauce and chili and onion and lime
dxROizK.jpg

Beef stir fry with Thai herbs
RMCjnA3.jpg

Tomyam prawns
oV7MDtF.jpg

Omelette with onions
Ebsy9Pt.jpg

Freshly cooked lunch for 4 only 320 baht ($14)

Edited by steveluv
  • Praise 14

3 hours ago, PSP415 said:

A&W root beer float tasted sweeter comparatively to the 80s. Less "gassy" and not as chilled. Won't be taking it again. It was a short memory lane to walk. Once is enough.🤪

The pork intestines noodles at Geylang Bahru Hawker Centre is nice, clean and yummy. No powdery feel in mouth. Quite difficult to find nice ones these days, either taste bitter, powdery or rubbery machiam chew until dentures drop oso no let go feel.😂😂

Tummy is well and no runs after each meal. Think either my tummy stronger or those intestines properly cleaned.

Do try if u happen to be in the area. Stall opens from 12noon though. Till 8ish unless sold out. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

粉肠 I never used to eat. But nowadays my mother adds it to her pig stomach soup. She spends a really long time cleaning them so won't have the taste. 

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Safe ride 

Cheers 

If everyone think like you, then a&w would not be any long queue liao. But seems like this is not the case. 😂

Think geylang baru hawker centre quite a few stalls food not bad.

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

MCF all time favorite... :D:D

QnKYcCw.jpg

Ok I know this one is not the standard toufu steam egg set... 

Right, this is the atas or high SES version, with fish 😁

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

If everyone think like you, then a&w would not be any long queue liao. But seems like this is not the case. 😂

Think geylang baru hawker centre quite a few stalls food not bad.

Actually there was no queue that night at Jewel A&W hence we went in. So, perhaps many ppl may have completed their nostalgic walk liao 😁

I think their AMK outlet helped to spread the crowd too.

If u in the Geylang Bahru Hawker Centre area, just try the food there. But sometimes, one man's meat is another man's poison too. So manage your expectation ah. 😅

Me no vested interest in any stalls there and everywhere. 

😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1