What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Met up with former colleagues for lunch and catch-up. My favourite Teochew fishball noodle with honey lemon drink at Golden Mile food centre. 

20200121_115754.thumb.jpg.e9cf815a91fa02b3cf2ce9d990452f8f.jpg

How much is your noodle?

Why so many liao?

17 hours ago, 13177 said:

I have eat at this stall a few times, like their char siew and roasted pork. Long time never go there eat liao. And queue always long when i was there. 😂

Their roast duck is their best dish. Just slightly above average. 
Char siew average. Roast pork average.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Their roast duck is their best dish. Just slightly above average. 
Char siew average. Roast pork average.

I find their roast duck meat a bit too hard le. 

19 minutes ago, 13177 said:

only eat their roast drumstick. Still ok. But like i said, its mostly average. I don't really get the queue...

But 628 market there's not much standout food. But granted i haven't tried the noodles or the chinese nonya food stalls. 

IMO, the AMK hawker food standard is quite lackluster compared to most other FCs.
There are some not bad stalls here and there, but no concentration in any density. 

Edited by Lala81

20 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Met up with former colleagues for lunch and catch-up. My favourite Teochew fishball noodle with honey lemon drink at Golden Mile food centre. 

20200121_115754.thumb.jpg.e9cf815a91fa02b3cf2ce9d990452f8f.jpg

One of our favourites too, there are few nice stalls in the FC. The chicken rice, yong tau foo, curry chicken mee, red garoupa fish soup, burger and the new spaghetti stall by the young gen hawker also nice. I tried the spaghetti carbonara, got standard

Edited by Cloud9
  • Praise 2

On 1/21/2020 at 11:21 AM, Spring said:

Burger from Meat Smith at Amoy. Went with some MCF buddies. $10 on offer days. Nice n juicy😋👍

CDF9EE6C-1E97-4923-BEC0-257C2F7247B8.jpeg

On 1/21/2020 at 11:21 AM, Spring said:

Burger from Meat Smith at Amoy. Went with some MCF buddies. $10 on offer days. Nice n juicy😋👍

CDF9EE6C-1E97-4923-BEC0-257C2F7247B8.jpeg

Looks Nice and Juicy

Best is to cut into half and see the juice oozing out from the meat, yummy! 

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

only eat their roast drumstick. Still ok. But like i said, its mostly average. I don't really get the queue...

But 628 market there's not much standout food. But granted i haven't tried the noodles or the chinese nonya food stalls. 

IMO, the AMK hawker food standard is quite lackluster compared to most other FCs.
There are some not bad stalls here and there, but no concentration in any density. 

Try the fish ball noodle , or the nasi lemak , not bad 

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I like their archar, chilli sauce ( not the oily one) and the duck's back portion where it's very seasoned. With beer/wine quite shiok.

• Praise 3

42 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Try the fish ball noodle , or the nasi lemak , not bad 

The fishball noodle beside the roast meat. Yeah its decent. Nasi lemak I eat quite often. The best stall in the fc to me. The nonya stall very popular with the older crowd I never tried before. 

I go 628 like every 3 weeks or so. 

The nasi padang is OK. 

How's the braised duck. Seems decent as well just that I eat braised duck at mayflower Market or chong pang usually. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Thought there is one prawn mee stall there quite famous?

↡ Advertisement