What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Same here... no need to starve lah. But today’s dinner was very filling because of the added bkt. The two stalls are really quite special so worth the drive to Woodlands. 

This is the bkt? 

Hong Ji Herbs Bak Kue Teh
19 Marsiling Ln, #01-329, Singapore 730019
9682 2614
https://goo.gl/maps/KrKtCNvK7ULJ1qCC9

Fish soup is same Coffeeshop? 

↡ Advertisement

24 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Pan fried.

For beef I prefer medium cook. Just used pink salt and black pepper.

For Lamb rib, I prefer almost fully cook. Like the outside to be a bit chia chia.

I used pink salt, black pepper, and rosemary to season for about 1hr.

I call them lamb chops but whatever they are great.

Can be grilled or BBQd but then I find them too dry so pan frying the way to go.

Do you use a mint sauce with fresh mint chopped fine, malt vinegar and sugar all mixed/

Or Red current jelly is a classic accompaniment as well.

BTW yours look really tasty.  Got leg of lamb for next Sunday, can't wait.  Some people don't like the smell of lamb when cooked but rosemary and garlic cover any smell and add to the taste.

• Praise 3

24 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Sorry to be blunt...

That looks to me like someone has cooked wrong order of dry fry hor fun then reused for your order. So dark one...and why no sotong, shrimp or fish? 

No lah. Some stalls are liddat. They add too much dark sauce. 

There's a shrimp. 

• Haha! 2

Dinner. Today one was nice despite only a short marination period. I think adding some corn starch is necessary. Tried to avoid it for health reasons in the past. 

20200223_190549_compress54.jpg

• Praise 15

37 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

There's a shrimp. 

Really? if I see that I’d reject. Dark sauce should only be used with the gravy not the noodles. Hokkien dark sauce noodles is different...holy moly...a sudden craving for the one at Malaysia makan place next to US in Sentosa. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

The rice is yellow colour? How long you Q for this?

yah, yellowish. No Q cos we ate at 5pm. haha

27 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Dinner. Today one was nice despite only a short marination period. I think adding some corn starch is necessary. Tried to avoid it for health reasons in the past. 

corn starch is no good ? 

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Try once and not impressed at all. Over rate.

second that ! 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

try something spicy to drive away the virus.

rps20200223_205922.jpg

rps20200223_210029.jpg

rps20200223_210045.jpg

China style spicy the virus no scare leh.

Need india curry.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Sorry to be blunt...

That looks to me like someone has cooked wrong order of dry fry hor fun then reused for your order. So dark one...and why no sotong, shrimp or fish? 

No sotong but have fish and small shrimp la, look carefully. 😂 Anyway, this hor fun not say very nice also, just eat for the sake of eating. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

50 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

There's a shrimp. 

There are two shrimp. 😅

• Praise 1

I just goggled...corn flour and corn starch almost the same in content but the latter has the protein and fiber removed...

The flour contains gluten while the starch is gluten free which makes the latter more ideal as thickener for liquid base like soup, gravy etc 

I added some corn flour to the stir fried minced meat yesterday and it felt more chewy with the bite than without. 

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No sotong but have fish and small shrimp la, look carefully. 😂 Anyway, this hor fun not say very nice also, just eat for the sake of eating. 

Sorry lah, my lousy small size low resolution screen hp only can show me that much information. Colour still hokay though. 

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Sorry lah, my lousy small size low resolution screen hp only can show me that much information. Colour still hokay though. 

Your phone very good la, can see the “chao tar” hor fun. 🤣

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Othello said:

corn starch is no good ? 

Just additional carbs. The gravy already has corn starch water used to form it. 

Well today level up. The saltiness level is better today. Used to be a tad too much Soy or oyster sauce normally. Balance is good today. Not too light but not too salty for home food. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement