What Did You Makan Today PT 6

BabyBlade

Under the radar âSoon Huatâ Hokkien Prawn mee..

Robust soup and reasonable price...

Dry version also very good.. the killer ð¶ sauce n kaki fried onions..

Worth a visit there..

But the kopitiam coffee taste like shit...

The hokkien mee in the same coffeeshop at the extreme left of this row is also not bad. Can try if u got feel for hokkien mee..
  • Praise 5

This limited edition HD taste  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

OK, so this restaurant was recommended by my uncle after he tried it out about 2 weeks ago (he is a regular to this place and have also tried the previous Tze Char one). Yes, De'Beer Garden was shifted from Blk 262 JE recently, and business have been good (according to my uncle and one of the staff there).

About 火焰鸡, it has to be pre-ordered, so as for the chicken to be cooked beforehand. It will be lighted up (done outside the aircon dinning area for safety reasons - unlike some that took risk to have it lighted next to customer) upon customer arrival . After the flame have subsided, the meat will be sliced and cooked in the soup (the 2nd photo in my previous post). Overall, the taste is quite nice (with sense of rose wine) and evident of fresh veggie taste (the veggie was added in batches during the meal so that it will not be over-cooked). It cost $60 for this ~1kg size chicken.

The fish is very fresh, no fishy smell at all, even at the stomach and liver. But price is higher than normal, at about $80+ for the one we had. The prawn is just about average, nothing special. The pork rib with stout is very fresh (meat is tender and juicy), and neither too sweet nor salty, recommended. For the yam ring, the ring is nice (creamy and with rich yam taste), but the chicken is too bland. Last the veggie is just average. Did not order the lala bee hoon or pork trotter, probably next time.

Overall, I would rate the food quality ~7 out of 10, while price is on the higher side (~$270+ for all the dishes I have posted). Service wise, staffs (mostly mid-age aunties when we are there) are attentive and environment are generally quite cosy (those old club house type of cosiness, NOT atas restaurant type hor). Parking can be an issue on crowded days.

For those interested, here's the contact. Disclaimer: I'm not related to them in anyway, just sharing the contact since a few have asked me via pm.

There is another place to have this 火焰鸡, in Yalong Bay tze char stall located in Grains & Hops Food Court Bistro food court in 978 TPY North. Not sure the 2 places are related but the 火焰鸡 sure looks the same. The food court is a good place to chill out as have a few stalls with good food and cheap beer too. Fully aircon some more so can enjoy this chicken in comfort. I recommended my colleagues to have 开工宴 there this year. Very nice food.

• Praise 1

Did a short JB run ytd with some friends. Had dinner at Restoran Chua Kee in the Gelang Petah area. Dishes were quite ok but the crabs were excellent. Fresh and meaty and well cooked. Tried the chili crab and salted egg. 

Salted egg was really good as the meat was well seasoned, sadly no photos as my hands were full of chili crab sauce by the time the salted egg crab arrived  [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]

Overall, worth it! 4 big crabs plus many dishes and drinks for 7 pp at 18 SGD each

post-156882-0-94816800-1564909894_thumb.jpg

post-156882-0-47073500-1564909920_thumb.jpg

post-156882-0-80590900-1564909950_thumb.jpg

post-156882-0-26945300-1564909976_thumb.jpg

• Praise 22

Did a short JB run ytd with some friends. Had dinner at Restoran Chua Kee in the Gelang Petah area. Dishes were quite ok but the crabs were excellent. Fresh and meaty and well cooked. Tried the chili crab and salted egg. 

Salted egg was really good as the meat was well seasoned, sadly no photos as my hands were full of chili crab sauce by the time the salted egg crab arrived  [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]

Overall, worth it! 4 big crabs plus many dishes and drinks for 7 pp at 18 SGD each

attachicon.gif20190803_203309.jpg

attachicon.gif20190803_204319.jpg

attachicon.gif20190803_204323.jpg

attachicon.gif20190803_204328.jpg

Having a Forest is better than having just 1 tree ......  :D 

I support Green always , the more the better  [grin]

• Praise 8