GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Lai leow lor..... :chilling:

Yesterday 3 ministars do walkabout in Jurong as reported in ST today .... :slow:

One of them is Minister of Education. :we-all-gonna-die:

I suspected too! 

Suddenly so much air time and news on walk about; this and that.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Lai leow lor..... :chilling:

Yesterday 3 ministars do walkabout in Jurong as reported in ST today .... :slow:

One of them is Minister of Education. :we-all-gonna-die:

So they only walkabout when GE is near?

Wonder why.... when they already paid for $365/yr of parking....wasted  :D

So they only walkabout when GE is near?

This will be the offical Elections thread with the opening of the register

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/registers-electors-ready-public-inspection-feb-26-march-11?fbclid=IwAR35b5zOAEzNcms43KklYO-BGZwc1hJZLFtBO1xWCVHPeFEhhjuIwP4CEiQ

SINGAPORE — The registers of electors will be open for public inspection from Feb 26 to March 11, the elections department said on Monday (Feb 25).

Singaporean citizens who are at least 21 years old as of Feb 1, and who are not disqualified as an elector under any law, will be allowed to vote. They must also have a Singapore residential address on their National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) as of Feb 1.

ADVERTISING

Singaporeans can check their particulars:

They should have their NRIC or passport with them.

Those who wish to check their particulars in the registers at community centres or clubs can only do so from 6pm to 9pm on weekdays and 3pm to 7pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

During the inspection period, a person can submit requests to include or remove his or her name or to update his or her particulars in the registers.

Persons whose names were removed from the register for failing to vote in a past election may apply to have their names restored to be able to vote in future elections.

REGISTERING TO VOTE OVERSEAS 

Overseas Singaporeans who have changed their NRIC address to an overseas address must also have a Singapore residential address registered with the Immigrations & Checkpoint Authority (ICA) as of Feb 1 to qualify to vote.

Overseas Singaporeans whose names are listed in the Registers of Electors, and have resided in Singapore for an aggregate of at least 30 days during the past three years, may apply to register as overseas electors in order to vote at designated overseas polling stations.

Registration and checking of particulars can be done at Singapore overseas missions that serve as overseas registration centres. Those registering must have their NRIC or passport.

Singaporeans who registered as overseas electors in previous elections will have to register again.

Registration as an overseas elector is open year-round, but overseas Singaporeans are encouraged to register early.

Overseas Singaporeans who wish to vote in the upcoming elections must register as an overseas elector by the end of the second day after the writ for an election is issued.

• Praise 3

dunno man...but with the opening of the register, within the year

I say after NDP rally, with the goodies being dished out

cum bicentennial celebrations ... huat ah!

dunno man...but with the opening of the register, within the year

I say after NDP rally, with the goodies being dished out

Edited by Wt_know

i read somewhere something like all MPs are given until April 2020 to finish visiting all their wards. 

So mayb after April 2020?  :huh:

And SDP has fired its first shot and starting to get into momentum.  A good indicator? 

As much as I do not like CSJ, I have to admit that SDP is really going the right direction and doing many right things. 

If he can keep at it and carry on knocking, I got a feeling he may just get his wishes fulfilled sooner than later. 

• Praise 4