GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

(edited)

I thought everyone already learnt something from the Trump saga? All having a good laugh and glad that it is not happening to us, no? [laugh]

Wait till you elect a bigger clown who does not know how to run his office properly and end up with more drama than what WP is dealing with now. Ignorance does not hold water here. I am not saying you should vote PAP, but please scrutinize the candidates properly and not anyhow assume.

But anyway knowing how some of us are so hardcore on their choices, I think I am wasting my breath here haha.

Sorry accept my apology. I re-read your post a few more times. Read between the lines. Than it strike me.

You are right. Crown is there to provide entertainment. To entertain the people. If we wrongly elect a crown into parliament than we are in deep shit.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

Anyway 69.9% sure win one

Which place is good to retire

Better leave before Pinky milk me dry

SG is moving from first world to a slump

• Praise 3

I simply cannot understand people can be so naive to brush off alternative parties as "so weak".....

PAP is not strong..... just that they are well supported by the civil service. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

I simply cannot understand people can be so naive to brush off alternative parties as "so weak".....

PAP is not strong..... just that they are well supported by the civil service.

Pap of current is very much different from the pap of yesteryears.

Back then the composition of pap candidates mainly consist of busineesmen/professional; GP, lawyer, accountant etc. where many sacrificed their times/money just to be able to serve singaporean. (And so to speak Dr lily Neo was one of those pioneer MP..still running a small clinic in tangling halt the last I read).

Now we have a bunch processed from the same mill.

A stark contrast and we need to sent out msg to the incumbent. We are unhappy. Is not right.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Not taking any sides but on this AG appointment, the question is never about actual bias which was CCS's point but rather that of apparent bias. The ruling gahmen can plough the depths of the oceans or travel a 100000 miles just to prove she is clean...but the question was never really abt this...

The laws of natural justice or the rule against bias (nemo judex in causa sua) have been breached. I would have expected the ministers some of whom are lawyers to appreciate this mistake.

To add to this maybe she is clean. But when we have no other checks no transparency how will we know she is always clean? We all know from our time in army that gahmen super good at cover ups. Only fools blindly trust ppl who tell them "Trust me"

• Praise 1

Of course there is conflict of interest, especially when the Auditor-General needs to perform audit on Mindef periodically, and her husband is the SMOS for Mindef.

Maybe the concept of conflict of interest does not apply to her because she doesn't even know how to perform an audit, having no accounting or auditing background at all? I understand she only has an Arts degree. How do her backers support her appointment as the AG when she does not even have those relevant qualifications?

Now I have a worse view of CCS because a DPM-to-be does not understand where the conflict of interest lies. Then again, I guess my view doesn't matter because 77.7% of voters backed him at the last GE. He is immensely popular with voters.

So, is cronyism real in the Singapore political sphere?

Dunno...

So if somehow need to audit mindef on some safety related items...

• Praise 1