GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

Ya, right, i believe.

Sure, it's not about money anymore, it is about serving The People.

I would say it's now more about control and power. .. not people

A Top-Performing CEO Should Command Top-Dollar For His Or Her Work.

I agreed with this, so how much is Temasek CEO paid ?

7 figures ................. per month  [laugh]

• Praise 3

somewhat agree with his point

if we only shortlisted CEO and Doctor that earns no $1M no talk 

yes, it's difficult to attract these people to join politic

as they are already earning $1M  ... to join politic is a "sacrifice" to them

to become a politician means someone must be at the "top" in any career progression which also limit the pond

anyone who make less or not a CEO = no quality to become politician?

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/%E2%80%9Care-we-fishing-for-talent-in-a-small-pond%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-wp-politician-responds-to-esm-gohs-difficulty-in-attracting-good-people-to-politics/ar-AAGap5V?li=BBr8Cnr

post-7984-0-77889400-1566531593_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

somewhat agree with his point

if we only shortlisted CEO and Doctor that earns no $1M no talk 

yes, it's difficult to attract these people to join politic

as they are already earning $1M  ... to join politic is a "sacrifice" to them

to become a politician means someone must be at the "top" in any career progression which also limit the pond

anyone who make less or not a CEO = no quality to become politician?

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/%E2%80%9Care-we-fishing-for-talent-in-a-small-pond%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-wp-politician-responds-to-esm-gohs-difficulty-in-attracting-good-people-to-politics/ar-AAGap5V?li=BBr8Cnr

I remember reading an article from Zhao Bao long ago on this topic.

It told a story of some one a company wanted badly to hire for  a job. Co tried everything to get him.

But he wouldn't commit, too far, family, pay, transport etc etc.... but the Co keep trying... until, one day the guy said weather not good.

And the Co complain workers no good.

But... sometimes, people are just too polite to say it.. its not the job, pay, hours etc etc.. people just dont want to work for you!!!... but you still dont get it... still dont change!!!

the problem is not the employee... its the potential employer.

honestly how many in the top of their career looks at a team of ex generals, civil servants, ex hanger ons of VVIPs etc.. see how they work, openly want to fix people... and go thinking..

"after fighting for years in my field of work... earning my spurs the hard way..i WANT to join them ..."  [hur]

and hence... you resort to throwing money, and still get turds  :TT_TT:

we all  :TT_TT: together .... more $$ (collect more taxes) does not mean getting better minister  :TT_TT:

and hence... you resort to throwing money, and still get turds  :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

The results already shown in the last election. They got 70% of the votes and  it shows that the people graded them A+

I have no issue with them paying themselves top dollars, but it is the self-graded top performance part that amazes me.... [:|]

Ouch..... 

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2019/08/25/nz-pm-blocks-own-pay-rise-while-pm-lees-wife-shares-article-explaining-why-her-husbands-salary-so-high/

Last year, news emerged that New Zealand (NZ) Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern blocked her own pay raise, as recommended by the Remuneration Authority, an independent body in NZ set up to determine the wages of the country’s politicians (‘Jacinda Ardern turns down $12,000 pay rise as NZ government freezes MP pay‘).

PM Ardern decided that NZ politicians are already paid pretty well and said she would introduce a law to block their own pay raise.

She told the media last Aug that a 3 per cent rise that had been recommended by the Remuneration Authority wasn’t “acceptable” and that her cabinet had voted to instead freeze wages and allowances where they were for a year.

PM Ardern’s base salary is about NZ$470,000 (S$417,000). Allowances are awarded on top of the base salary but only for paying “out-of-pocket expenses” related to the job. The wage freeze proposed by PM Ardern would see her miss out on a pay rise of around NZ$14,000.

PM Ardern: We should not be receiving that kind of salary increase

“We do not believe, given that we are on the upper end of the salary scale, that we should be receiving that kind of salary increase,” she said.

“Because we, of course, already are on a high income … One of the things we’ve been trying to bridge as a government is the fact that we see these increases at the top end of the scale, without the same increase at the end of the scale where most New Zealanders sit.”

As the current NZ law keeps politicians from interfering in the pay decision, her government now would want to quickly put through a bill blocking their own pay rise recommended by the NZ Remuneration Authority.

That would give them time to work out a “fairer formula” for how the authority sets the wages in future, PM Ardern said.

PM Lee’s wife shares article explaining why her husband’s salary “so high”

Meanwhile, it was reported that PM Lee Hsien Loong’s wife, Ho Ching, shared an article on her Facebook page last Wed (21 Aug) titled “Why is the salary of Singapore’s Prime Minister so high?”

She wrote, “One big difference is the clean wage system in SG – ie no other perks in kind, while most if not all other countries would have many other perks, like butlers and hairdressers, free flights on national airlines, even family holidays, etc; and quite a number like the USA would include perks after end of term of office.”

The shared article on Seedly attempts to rationalise PM Lee’s yearly S$2.2 million salary by comparing it with the salaries of other leaders, factoring in GDP per capita and the population of each country.

The article also said that while PM Lee earns more than double that of his Hong Kong counterpart, he still earns so much less when compared to some of Singapore’s top CEOs like DBS CEO Piyush Gupta, who earned S$11.9 million in 2018 or the CEOs of CityDev and UOB who earned S$8.9 million respectively.

In any case, the ANZ Bank is currently run by CEO Shayne Elliott, a native New Zealander who was born in Te Atatu South, a suburb of Auckland.

Even though he earns a salary of US$5.8 million a year, you don’t find PM Ardern’s husband complaining publicly about his wife’s paltry salary of NZ$470,000 when compared to ANZ CEO’s, do you?

Edited by Playtime

10 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

I guess Nov too. Oct exams time and Dec holiday time. 

Nov still got O n A level exams so more likely December

• Praise 4