Door falls onto woman at Alexandra Central Mall

Yamapi

At least to contain a fire for 30 minutes. :slow:

SCDF called it "Fire Rated Door" :we-all-gonna-die:

Other Shopping Centre don't have such heavy doors so this Shopping Centre must be the best in terms of fire safety.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If accidents can be prevented it wouldn't be call an accident.

Accidents can be prevented when maintenance ppl do a proper job. Like in this case.

This is a bit of a mind bender.

Accidents that can be prevented won't be called an accident, but "accidents" can be prevented when ....

Alexandra Hospital still in operation? 

I know many people eat the zi char there. But i dont find nice lo, maybe i ordered the wrong item.

Yes, the previous team has move to Sengkang Hospital and it's now under NUH cluster.

Other Shopping Centre don't have such heavy doors so this Shopping Centre must be the best in terms of fire safety.

• Praise 2

This is a bit of a mind bender.

Accidents that can be prevented won't be called an accident, but "accidents" can be prevented when ....

If there are maintenance records that state hinges are for example, making noise, rusty or misaligned or leaning to one side, can say its poorly maintained or neglect of care. There are many who won't do anything preventive until death or serious injuries happen. Especially if can save money or delay spending money.

But, if chun chun, really just the last straw that precise moment that day where one door hit the other door so hard, then its a freak accident, still accident.

That's my personal views.

Wishing the lady a speedy recovery and prayerfully, the liver transplant is successful and regeneration takes place. Definitely need to take extra care of health from now onwards.

Pls sue. Not about money. One should not expect any door to hit oneself everytime one passes thru and come away with injuries, serious, fatal or otherwise.

Safe ride. Safe passage thru all doors daily.

Cheers

• Praise 4

More updates from zaobao.com

百公斤重玻璃门砸中 主妇肝压裂

cyq_9540.jpg

screengrabs_3c.jpg?itok=wkmNR_S1&timesta

商场逾百公斤重玻璃门不知何故松脱,倒下砸中一主妇,家人透露她的脚、盘骨多处骨折,肝脏还被压伤出血,目前在重护病房,盼当局尽快查出真相。

这起惊人事故发生本月24日傍晚6时30分,地点在亚历山大购物中心四楼停车场通往商场的电梯大厅。

一段一分钟视频昨天(2月26日)在社交媒体疯传,拍到一扇玻璃门不知何故突松脱,倒下砸中一名47岁主妇,主妇头部流血,当场昏了过去。

Self translate for the non-Chinese readers (please pardon my half past 6 england):

A door weighing close to 100Kg dislodged for unknown reason, and crushed onto a woman. According to her family member, she suffered multiple fractures to her pelvis and leg, and a crushed liver which lead to bleeding. She is current warded in a High Dependency unit. The family urged the relevant authority to investigate and find out the root cause, as soon as possible.

This accident happened on 24 Feb at 6:30pm, at the car park lift lobby on level 4 of Alexandra Central Mall.

A 1 minute video was widely circulated on social media yesterday (26 Feb), which shows a glass door falling for unknown reason, striking a 47 year old woman. The woman was seen bleeding from her head and fainted immediately.

• Praise 9

All these are serious injuries but can pull through type. Hope she heals up well...

Small blessing she a relatively young, so hopefully she can recover well. can’t imagine what it would’ve been like if it was a 70+ or 80+ old lady.

• Praise 3

Damn.

Serious.

The rescuers did all the wrong things except lifting the door off her.

Human nature to evacuate from danger.

Please next time in these situation if can dont move the injured. Dont move.

Moving can aggravate the injuries severely and cause death that would not have happened.

Kudos to those who extended their helping hand though.

Remember to NOT move the injured if area is safe.

Provide support until the paramedics arrive.

Not a doctor but looking at the injuries update, is it right to assume that they passerby made things worse by moving her?

I did not know this and seeing how people praised the helpful passerby , a lot of us did not know this.

Super impt in case anyone meet a similar situation.

• Praise 2

I think people say accident when they mean an incident.

Like if I wasn't drunk I wouldnt have the incident.

:D

I see, so an incident can happen where people accidentally say accident when they mean an incident.

But I think it is rude to refer to a baby as an incident, because it suggests that the mother was not attractive enough but you were drunk at that time.

• Praise 5

Not a doctor but looking at the injuries update, is it right to assume that they passerby made things worse by moving her?

I did not know this and seeing how people praised the helpful passerby , a lot of us did not know this.

Super impt in case anyone meet a similar situation.

Don't move someone if u suspect them of having head or neck injury.

For the major injuries reported by the newspaper, move here and there a bit while getting her out or checking if she's OK, isn't really going to make it worse.

• Praise 3