Malaysia's first-ever flying car

Ysc3

KUALA LUMPUR — The “flying car” that Malaysia is purportedly developing is actually a drone that can carry people and cargo, the vehicle’s makers have clarified.

Entrepreneur Development Minister Mohd Redzuan Md Yusof had previously said that Malaysia would reveal its first “flying car” developed using local technology later this year, a claim that was met with scepticism by various parties, including “shadow finance minister” Khairy Jamaluddin.

But Aerodyne Group, the vehicle’s developers, told Bernama on Wednesday (March 27) that the car, known as Vector, is a drone powered by four motors and a lithium-ion battery that enables the vehicle to fly.

"This vehicle can also carry a load of approximately 150-200kg and fly about 50m above ground level at 60km/h for between 30 (and) 90 minutes of flying time," Aerodyne's business development and consulting senior director Imtyaz Mohd Azzat told Bernama.

Apart from transporting passengers and cargo, the vehicle can also be used for surveillance purposes.

Passenger drones have been developed and tested in various cities around the world in the past few years, with several companies working to resolve the mechanical, engineering, safety and regulatory challenges that this new technology brings.

Mr Imtyaz added that Vector was slated to be ready to fly as early as June this year.

Aerodyne displayed a model of the drone at this year's Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition, held from March 26 to March 30.

“Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad was also pleased with this idea when he visited the booth,” said Mr Imtyaz.

Minister Mohd Redzuan had previously said that companies including Boeing, Airbus and Volvo had expressed interest in the project. AGENCIES

https://www.todayonline.com/world/malaysias-flying-car-actually-drone-says-vehicles-makers

↡ Advertisement

KUALA LUMPUR — The “flying car” that Malaysia is purportedly developing is actually a drone that can carry people and cargo, the vehicle’s makers have clarified.

Entrepreneur Development Minister Mohd Redzuan Md Yusof had previously said that Malaysia would reveal its first “flying car” developed using local technology later this year, a claim that was met with scepticism by various parties, including “shadow finance minister” Khairy Jamaluddin.

But Aerodyne Group, the vehicle’s developers, told Bernama on Wednesday (March 27) that the car, known as Vector, is a drone powered by four motors and a lithium-ion battery that enables the vehicle to fly.

"This vehicle can also carry a load of approximately 150-200kg and fly about 50m above ground level at 60km/h for between 30 (and) 90 minutes of flying time," Aerodyne's business development and consulting senior director Imtyaz Mohd Azzat told Bernama.

Apart from transporting passengers and cargo, the vehicle can also be used for surveillance purposes.

Passenger drones have been developed and tested in various cities around the world in the past few years, with several companies working to resolve the mechanical, engineering, safety and regulatory challenges that this new technology brings.

Mr Imtyaz added that Vector was slated to be ready to fly as early as June this year.

Aerodyne displayed a model of the drone at this year's Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition, held from March 26 to March 30.

“Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad was also pleased with this idea when he visited the booth,” said Mr Imtyaz.

Minister Mohd Redzuan had previously said that companies including Boeing, Airbus and Volvo had expressed interest in the project. AGENCIES

https://www.todayonline.com/world/malaysias-flying-car-actually-drone-says-vehicles-makers

No need to wait for June.

This one can fly now.

:D

hqdefault.jpg

Supersonic

ok, drone which flies at only 50m above ground.  Seems legit.  If it goes too high and gets colder, the Malaysian pilots will switch off the fans then the car will drop.

• Praise 3

The drones can transport items from point A to B.

I am guessing one cannot fart, sneeze, move too much, otherwise car, i mean drone will go sideways, or if fart is powderful, will cause drone, car to shot upwards.

My bad. Sorry. Can't help the many possibilities that came to mind...ok ok i repent. May the force be with the flying car or drone or whatever!

Dun laugh.

• Praise 2

Haaa. Dinosaur can't differentiate bet a car and a drone... He shd used the word hybrid. At least no one can laugh him cos its 50,50 ma.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

The drones can transport items from point A to B.

I am guessing one cannot fart, sneeze, move too much, otherwise car, i mean drone will go sideways, or if fart is powderful, will cause drone, car to shot upwards.

My bad. Sorry. Can't help the many possibilities that came to mind...ok ok i repent. May the force be with the flying car or drone or whatever!

Dun laugh.

Fly safe
  • Praise 3

Wahahaha....and how many million they supposedly spent on this joke?

I'm guessing probably RM30 buy the green fan from taobao and the rest into the crony's bank acct...

Don't like that lah... They spent less than our rubbish centre (just the consulting fees).
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Don't like that lah... They spent less than our rubbish centre (just the consulting fees).

Ok ok solli solli. Crooked doc money well spent on giving the rest of the world a good laugh...lol

Ok ok solli solli. Crooked doc money well spent on giving the rest of the world a good laugh...lol

i remember the first thing dr.M take over is say MY in alot of debt, and he went on to cancel alot of project etc etc.

then now they come out with this...

Supersonic

i remember the first thing dr.M take over is say MY in alot of debt, and he went on to cancel alot of project etc etc.

then now they come out with this...

He wanted to spread joy thru laughter lah. Who says senile ppl got no sense of humour?
↡ Advertisement