Needs comment for HU - Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT

Mercur1al

Hi all experts, I am having issues using waze on my Z5050. I have already upgraded to 8.26 but when I launch AppRadio in the HU it does not show anything. I have launch appradio in my iphone but does not have any thing. Hope any experts can advise? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sorry but anyone had used pioneer avh-x595bt before? I was recommended by the shop to get this for my new ride.

AVH5050 is a better choice if budget isnt an issue. Edited by jcchia
  • Praise 1

Maybe I am biased, but yeah 5050 kicks ass man! Everything is good with this system. Can use Android Auto (finally got it working after some self trial and error), and Waze. Google Map as navigation is really quite awesome, as compared to Waze. Maybe it is due to integration of Google Map in AA, which makes it so seamless. Hmm what else? Bluetooth calling and receiving of calls, Spotify function,etc. Now my main concern is offline map navigation which I intend to use when driving up to Malaysia. Any recommendations?

Hi shiyofc, Please PM where you installed and how much it cost. Thanks!

PM-ed you.

Hi all experts, I am having issues using waze on my Z5050. I have already upgraded to 8.26 but when I launch AppRadio in the HU it does not show anything. I have launch appradio in my iphone but does not have any thing. Hope any experts can advise? Thanks.

My waze still does not work but the apple map works perfectly fine on the Z5050.

Apple maps looks better compared to waze before waze stopped working on the Z5050..

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I was also thinking of adding a GPS module to the pioneer HU but was told by my installer that many users complains about problem with the navigation. He ask me to reconsider. Anyone here has that problem? Any good module to recommend?

• Praise 1

Hi, I was also thinking of adding a GPS module to the pioneer HU but was told by my installer that many users complains about problem with the navigation. He ask me to reconsider. Anyone here has that problem? Any good module to recommend?

I was thinking the same before as well. Then got quoted $200-$300 for the add on, but the installer say dun waste the money as you can tap on Waze or Google Map/ Apple Map. I heed his advice, and the rest is history. There are many good offline maps which you can use as well. So just invest in a hand phone holder that can allow you to use your HP for offline navigation in Malaysia, and just use online Google Map or Waze in Singapore.
  • Praise 1

Really need help with this HU.

I just brought it yesterday, but I realised that I can't mute my calls when I connect via BT.

The mute button is for the music, but I need to mute my microphone during calls. Is there a button for this function?

• Praise 1

Hi anyone has used Pixel 2 with the 5050bt HU? Does the Android Auto work well? 

thanks

Confirm can work.

You need to download Android Auto apk from apkmirror.

Anyway, I stopped using Android Auto on my z5050bt as I find it hard to see the screen for navigation and the voice interrupting radio is quite annoying.  Also, when connected, the phone can't be used so I can't check for info while at red light, but can use voice commands to reply SMS, whatsapp and Allo.

Maybe good for driving in MY.

Recently I heard there's wireless Android Auto coming soon and I hope this HU can support that with a firmware upgrade.

Edited by Nicholas

Neutral Newbie

I just installed the 5050 headunit on my car but now the Bluetooth and call function on my steering wheel cannot be used. The USB port that comes with the car also cannot be used. The installer claimed that this is normal as the connectors are incompatible. Anyone has the same issue? My ride is a suzuki.

I just installed the 5050 headunit on my car but now the Bluetooth and call function on my steering wheel cannot be used. The USB port that comes with the car also cannot be used. The installer claimed that this is normal as the connectors are incompatible. Anyone has the same issue? My ride is a suzuki.

Which installer n your suzuki model?
  • Praise 1

You mean those buttons were previously working with a different head unit but now do not work with the 5050?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Not nice to mention my installer but my ride is suzuki vitara. Yes, it was working with the stock headunit but not working with 5050. I brought in my own parts for him to install, maybe there is some connector for this specific connection that I didn't buy. I'm new to all these and was trying to save a few dollars but bringing my own headunit, speakers and stuff.

Edited by BabaJoe

Not nice to mention my installer but my ride is suzuki vitara. Yes, it was working with the stock headunit but not working with 5050. I brought in my own parts for him to install, maybe there is some connector for this specific connection that I didn't buy. I'm new to all these and was trying to save a few dollars but bringing my own headunit, speakers and stuff.

Thought suzuki always give pioneer head unit?

Neutral Newbie

Nope. It was a no brand stock unit. Suzuki wanted to charge me 1500 for a pioneer headunit which I find it expensive so decided to get it installed outside. I'm sure the Bluetooth and call function will work if I get it done at suzuki so there must be a way to get it to work.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I also recently installed the z5050bt about 3 months back. Malaysian here btw. I just would like to all the sifus here, if you guys encountered issues where Waze can be launch but not able to access the controls through the headunit (even though Waze's "control Waze from car unit toggle is switch to ON").

Also, when connected to Spotify, sometimes it the screen will be stalled showing previous song title, album and artiste instead of the current song title, album and artiste. It will be only be change after switching the headunit on and off.

Phone connected is IPhone 7plus.

Any recommendations / solutions is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Newbie31
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1