Needs comment for HU - Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT

Mercur1al

sometimes waze works, sometimes it doesnt... managed to get waze worked with appradio but has not been using it till now... i stream spotify and still prefer to use waze on my phone screen itself...

some updates of ios will cause this and tat cant work, some updates of ios ok... very random but overall i still like 5050 juz tat it does not have mirror-link like 8850 but i am trying ways to figure out how to hook up the wiring and i tink i saw from youtube tat HU w/o hdmi can still work with mirror-link...

reason i go for 5050 is bcos it is very new (launched somewhere Q2 tis yr) and 8850 is a bit backdated plus more pricey...

so far, SQ wif my rainbow setup is quite gd w/o amp...

↡ Advertisement

In the center there are 3 buttons. Hold the right one.

My only issue with this HU is that Waze in Android Auto shows black screen though Google Maps is working perfectly.

Today I tried with Samsung phone. Android auto and waze works well.

Previously used Huawei.

Urgent,help, now I installing pioneer agh z5050bt on my Honda car, but my can+ not working, anyone help me?call me 0169809139

My remote is in the glove compartment [:p][laugh]

Hi, can help ?

Mute button was link to my steering control mute button nicely. no issue.

the only issue i hve now is how to get waze to work on iOS 11. :(

Can help ? Where u guy install this pioneer
  • Praise 1

Urgent,help, now I installing pioneer agh z5050bt on my Honda car, but my can+ not working, anyone help me?call me 0169809139

Hi, can help ?

Can help ? Where u guy install this pioneer

Bro, you are from Malaysia? You should look for installers in Malaysia. 

• Praise 1

Dear bros, my Nissan Sylphy HU also gone bonkers and now looking at 5050. Very new to this. If I get my own 5050, any installers to recommend?

Also, for the console panel, I suppose the installer will help me settle this? What is the rough quotation for such installation?

Lastly, my current car has its built in GPS and reverse camera. So can link to Pioneer HU, so that it shows up on the main menu also?

Thanks to all bros who know the answers to my questions. Have a good day

• Praise 1

Dear bros, my Nissan Sylphy HU also gone bonkers and now looking at 5050. Very new to this. If I get my own 5050, any installers to recommend?

Also, for the console panel, I suppose the installer will help me settle this? What is the rough quotation for such installation?

Lastly, my current car has its built in GPS and reverse camera. So can link to Pioneer HU, so that it shows up on the main menu also?

• Praise 1

Usually any audio installer can do the job.

You can pm a few of the fb audio shop to see if they can source for u, no need to headache

GPS i dont think can link. but reverse camera can. 

*Please correct me if im wrong! :D 

• Praise 1

Thanks bro for your reply. Think I will buy the parts myself and get the installer to fix for me. Manage to find the install kit for my car on Amazon, as well as the steering wheel interface for aftermarket HU.

Get a reliable installer to install n tune up the sound system,

I had mine install but the installer unable to tune. (Mine with amp n SW n tweeter. Finally got an expertise to setup everything.

• Praise 1

If just a GPS receiver then no, z5050bt doesn't contain any navigation software.

If it is a GPS unit that has video output then you can connect to the z5050bt.

Thanks bro. Will check with my AD. Most likely it is an add-on GPS module to my current HU, so should be able to have video output. But will check just in case

No problem. See pic for reference.

post-4567-0-99011500-1510754181_thumb.jpg

post-4567-0-99011500-1510754181_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Dear all, I have just installed the head unit, and exploring various menus. Waze works for me, but somehow Android Auto doesnt. Got an error message. Anyone with a solution?

Have downloaded the apk for AA, not sure if it is due to my Android version being 8.0, which is the latest

↡ Advertisement