COE Bidding – 1st Round of March 2019

Carbon82

Not true. Hybird car is not premium car. I wanted to buy hybird car to save environment for better living but hybird car was hit badly by cat B COE fluctuations. I had to buy cat A petrol car even though I wanted to save environment.

Can still save the environment and cost you much much lesser. Dun drive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Not true. Hybird car is not premium car. I wanted to buy hybird car to save environment for better living but hybird car was hit badly by cat B COE fluctuations. I had to buy cat A petrol car even though I wanted to save environment.

Unfortunately there are enough people who have deep pockets could afford to buy premium brands. while there people like you who want cat B cars for a different reason , provided you guys could afford to pay the same cat B price of the premium cars. Edited by Ct3833

Don't drive. Take BMW.
  • Praise 1

At the present rate of Cat B coe increase, wondering if the Cat B/open Cat E be reaching the $50~60K levels by year end.

Pretty cautiously pessimistic if you are looking for vehicles for this segment.

[drivingcar][crazy]

A lot of brand new models coming in this year under CAT B too, going to be a crowded segment, won’t be surprised reach 50k by year end
  • Praise 1

Same, I was considering Honda Fit hybrid, which cost $70k few months ago.

Honda Fit hybrid is certainly not a premium car, and is now getting squeezed out of the market by the higher and higher cat b price.

Maybe lta will revise the cat a and b requirements soon to take into account hybrid cars like Honda Fit hybrid. Seems like there’s some rumors about it too :)

Supersonic

True, basically flat. But I thought it will fall below $26K.. It may stabilised around $25K.

Looks like coe for cat A would not fall lower than $20k and should stay at $25k or even higher?!
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Now says PHV graB Gojack is back pushing coe LOLOLOL

every up got a reason to say one, like Motorshow, low quota for the quarter. actually no need say also know.

Cat A has not much momentum but Cat B is really surging forward.

LTA probably didn't foresee hybrids in Cat B to be in big demand now by general buyers and PHV drivers for their better fuel efficiency and acceleration.

• Praise 1

(edited)
Those Cat B buyer might be force to go for Cat A car if PHV comes into Cat B for fleets..Cat A price might then move upwards in that sense ? Edited by NiteCruiser
  • Praise 1

2,000 new hybrid cars over the next few months is no joke. Potential Cat B and E car buyers are in for a good ride. PHV companies are messing up the COEs again.

I suppose if they renew their fleet, the old cars will likely be dereg so COE will recycle back. Having seen how Lion City struggled to offload their fleet, my guess is they will be less aggressive in acquiring new cars.

I suppose if they renew their fleet, the old cars will likely be dereg so COE will recycle back. Having seen how Lion City struggled to offload their fleet, my guess is they will be less aggressive in acquiring new cars.

The old cars are probably Cat A while the new cars are Cat B.  Hence, Cat B bidding will be competitive while Cat A price could be muted with the recycled quota.  Interesting phenomena coming...

Turbocharged

Hybrid cars are going to be a fad. They will go the way of CNG.

Because hybrids consume less petrol, they reduce the potential revenue from petrol excise duty.

It is a matter of time that the government will impose a surcharge on hybrids, just like how diesel excise duty was recently increased by 100% in Feb 2019. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2