Malaysia road trip with kids

Lala81

I know there are lots of threads about malaysia etc. 

Have read comments by @enye, @dleodleo and many others in desaru and other threads.

Maybe can get specific comments for stuff to do for kids in MY.

Planning a 4 (maybe 5 day road trip) in June to Kidzania KL.

Driving in daytime and need for regular toilet breaks for the kids will take quite a while to get to KL.

Day 1 - drive up to Petaling Jaya area

Day 2 - kidzania 

Day 3 - Farm in the City and ? drive down to Malacca to stay one night

(The long drive is quite sapping for me, so i prefer to make the return trip to SG a shorter one)

Day 4 - nuah and return to SG

If i stay a day 5, what to do around the area? Going up Genting is an option but probably seems a bit short to go up just for 1 day...

District 21 seems good, but maybe my 4 year old son can't enjoy much.

10 best things to do in KL with kids.

http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/magazine/10-things-kids.htm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Have read comments by @enye, @dleodleo and many others in desaru and other threads.

Driving in daytime and need for regular toilet breaks for the kids will take quite a while to get to KL.

Day 2 - kidzania

(The long drive is quite sapping for me, so i prefer to make the return trip to SG a shorter one)

If i stay a day 5, what to do around the area? Going up Genting is an option but probably seems a bit short to go up just for 1 day...

District 21 is good alternatively u can go for ice skate at ioi mall. Stay at the hotel on top and enjoy direct access to the mall
  • Praise 1

District 21 is good alternatively u can go for ice skate at ioi mall. Stay at the hotel on top and enjoy direct access to the mall

woah. great suggestion.

Thanks man. I didn't know there's something like that there.

I am planing to go 林明. It's a rural place and all baout nature.

U mean this?

Haha my kids very young still, maybe another few more years time.

https://goo.gl/maps/coracdBC2AB2

Sungai Lembing Hillview Cottage

wah sunrise view ... haha me and the wife also have trouble waking up, doubt i can get my kids to climb up for sunrise.

https://iwannatravel.com.sg/malaysia/2d3n-sungai-lembing-retreat

@thaiyotakamli, yo man, the hotel u are referring to is the Le Meridien at IOI?

very 5-star price leh lol  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Somerset Damansara Uptown PJ have a special promotion with kidzania. The 2 bedroom service apartment is clean and nice. Below the apartment is a 4 storey shopping complex. The food around this area is excellent. The Nasi Lemak shop opposite the hotel is the best in pj. The Wan Ton Noodle shop along the same stretch is my children favourite. My favourite is the Kajang satay store. If you like seafood, there is a Fei Fei Crab shop 5 minutes drive away. Cheap and good. Traffic around uptown area is okay unlike Midvalley and Sunway Lagoon.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
(edited)

Have read comments by @enye, @dleodleo and many others in desaru and other threads.

Day 2 - kidzania

district 21 not suitable for your kids who are still young

i suggest stay near kidzania where there are many air bnb apartments so that you can reach kidzania early and don’t plan it on a weekend or malaysia school holidays

farm in the city is right across kl so yes do it on the way back

if an extra day i suggest just spend in one utama mall. you can park yourself at the huge indoor playground supervising the kids while your wife goes shopping.

30rm per kid unlimited play time

there’s also ice skating rinks in the vicinity so no need go until ioi mall

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1

district 21 not suitable for your kids who are still young

i suggest stay near kidzania where there are many air bnb apartments so that you can reach kidzania early and don’t plan it on a weekend or malaysia school holidays

farm in the city is right across kl so yes do it on the way back

if an extra day i suggest just spend in one utama mall. you can park yourself at the huge indoor playground supervising the kids while your wife goes shopping.

30rm per kid unlimited play time

Yes, i found some airbnb in mutiara damansara. 

I'm going on the 2nd week of school hols after Hari raya weekend, so should avoid both malaysia school holidays and hari raya traffic.

Thanks for the suggestion.

U mean this?

Haha my kids very young still, maybe another few more years time.

https://goo.gl/maps/coracdBC2AB2

Sungai Lembing Hillview Cottage

wah sunrise view ... haha me and the wife also have trouble waking up, doubt i can get my kids to climb up for sunrise.

https://iwannatravel.com.sg/malaysia/2d3n-sungai-lembing-retreat

Yes bro. Good link there.

Oh there's ice skating rink at Royale/Curve area as well.

Cool.

Oh there's ice skating rink at Royale/Curve area as well.

Cool.

(edited)

One World Hotel @ One Utama with pool. Head downstair is big shopping mall with so many makans and shops. Hotel provides free shuttle service to Kidzania, KLCC, Sunway...... Good place to nuah w/o need to drive around the crazy traffic. Night time got many KPMG gals to google when they pang kang eat dinner at the mall. [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 4

One World Hotel @ One Utama with pool. Head downstair is big shopping mall with so many makans and shops. Hotel provides free shuttle service to Kidzania, KLCC, Sunway...... Good place to nuah w/o need to drive around the crazy traffic. Night time got many KPMG gals to google when they pang kang eat dinner at the mall. [laugh]

Is the traffic bad around that area? I thought since not downtown KL, should be ok.

(edited)

When I took the return shuttle from Sunway back to One World, the jam was quite bad at pang kang time. Glad I didn't drive.

From Kidzania, we missed the free shuttle though we were on schedule. So, need to cab back. Traffic was bad too. Driver PCN. [laugh]

Actually, I am planning a trip to Ipoh with 1 night stayover at One World, but the thought of traffic puts me off. [laugh] Maybe layover at Batu Pahat/Melaka areas...

Is the traffic bad around that area? I thought since not downtown KL, should be ok.

Edited by Kangadrool

(edited)

When I took the return shuttle from Sunway back to One World, the jam was quite bad at pang kang time. Glad I didn't drive.

From Kidzania, we missed the free shuttle though we were on schedule. So, need to cab back. Traffic was bad too. Driver PCN. [laugh]

Actually, I am planning a trip to Ipoh with 1 night stayover at One World, but the thought of traffic puts me off. [laugh] Maybe layover at Batu Pahat/Melaka areas...

The airbnb I'm planning to stay should just be a 5-10 minutes away by car bah, it's within 1km of kidzania.

Noted about rush hour traffic.

June seems a bit hot to go sunway lol

Edited by Lala81

@thaiyotakamli, yo man, the hotel u are referring to is the Le Meridien at IOI?

very 5-star price leh lol [laugh]

Yes

That time i stay i only paid $112

Brand new hotel, one of the best room in KL. Sometimes it get pricey so depend on timing of stay. U can try mariott ioi beside the mall as well

Alternatively go stay sunway lagoon, their pyramid hotel just renovated last year, room very nice and pricing ard $100

The airbnb I'm planning to stay should just be a 5-10 minutes away by car bah, it's within 1km of kidzania.

Noted about rush hour traffic.

June seems a bit hot to go sunway lol

For sure stay at putrajaya dont worry about traffic lol
↡ Advertisement