Malaysia road trip with kids

Lala81

Hypersonic

Oh there's ice skating rink at Royale/Curve area as well.

Cool.

that’s the smaller older one

there’s another bigger and newer one at empire city nearby

↡ Advertisement

that’s the smaller older one

there’s another bigger and newer one at empire city nearby

Thanks. Ok lah, if nothing to do maybe can let my kids try. Haha I also can't ice-skate. Tried it like twice in jc years lol

Hypersonic

Thanks. Ok lah, if nothing to do maybe can let my kids try. Haha I also can't ice-skate. Tried it like twice in jc years lol

if they can roller blade, they should be able to ice skate

my youngest used a skating aid which is the shape of a penguin

adult just have to watch them... no need to go in

Turbocharged

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g298291-d504486-Reviews-Kuala_Gandah_Elephant_Sanctuary-Pahang.html

You may want to consider a day trip to Kuala Gandah Elephant sanctuary . Leave KL around 8am in the morning , take the East West Highway , exit Lanchang . Then follow the signs . 

The sanctuary is FOC , there is a donation box if you wish to make some contributions .

They show you a short video on elephant conservation , then you lunch , and in the afternoon its elephants feeding time .

I last went there 10 years ago , not sure whether things are still the same . My kids enjoyed themselves .

On the way back to KL you can stopover Bentong . 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g298291-d504486-Reviews-Kuala_Gandah_Elephant_Sanctuary-Pahang.html

You may want to consider a day trip to Kuala Gandah Elephant sanctuary . Leave KL around 8am in the morning , take the East West Highway , exit Lanchang . Then follow the signs .

The sanctuary is FOC , there is a donation box if you wish to make some contributions .

They show you a short video on elephant conservation , then you lunch , and in the afternoon its elephants feeding time .

I last went there 10 years ago , not sure whether things are still the same . My kids enjoyed themselves .

On the way back to KL you can stopover Bentong .

wah this one quite far drive ... the exit lanchang part and follow the signs very ulu b roads

try to get back on the highway before night fall. driving those roads at night is no joke

need to combine the trip with nearby deer park to make it worthwhile

elephant sanctuary is great but i see those ang mo children jumping into the water with those elephants and the poo floating around ...must be quite organic experience

oh ya... have seafood at foothills of bukit tinggi if going that way ...

• Praise 3

Driving around in KL? Might make sense to grab, which is very cheap there. Then stay somewhere Central with access to shopping, good food, Cinema, etc.

When your kids are older, go East Coast. More activities.

Driving around in KL? Might make sense to grab, which is very cheap there. Then stay somewhere Central with access to shopping, good food, Cinema, etc.

When your kids are older, go East Coast. More activities.

Just around pj near kidzania

I know there are lots of threads about malaysia etc.

Have read comments by @enye, @dleodleo and many others in desaru and other threads.

Maybe can get specific comments for stuff to do for kids in MY.

Planning a 4 (maybe 5 day road trip) in June to Kidzania KL.

Driving in daytime and need for regular toilet breaks for the kids will take quite a while to get to KL.

Day 1 - drive up to Petaling Jaya area

Day 2 - kidzania

Day 3 - Farm in the City and ? drive down to Malacca to stay one night

(The long drive is quite sapping for me, so i prefer to make the return trip to SG a shorter one)

Day 4 - nuah and return to SG

If i stay a day 5, what to do around the area? Going up Genting is an option but probably seems a bit short to go up just for 1 day...

District 21 seems good, but maybe my 4 year old son can't enjoy much.

10 best things to do in KL with kids.

http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/magazine/10-things-kids.htm

I brought my kids to Kidzania KL when they were 9 and 4 years old. That trip we went 5D4N. 2 nites in KL and 2 nites in Genting.

If you are thinking of dropping by Malacca and going for farm stay. I would like to suggest:

Day 1 - SIN to KL

Day 2 - Kidzania

Day 3 - KL to Malacca

Day 4 - Malacca to UK Agro Farm Kluang Farm stay

Day 5 - Kluang to SIN

I always make sure my kids have sufficent sleep during the trip. 1st day sure v tired cos wake up v early. We usually eat, sleep and shopping on 1st day.

My kids like the farm stay in Kluang. We took the package which includes meals, accommodation and activities.

• Praise 2

One World Hotel @ One Utama with pool. Head downstair is big shopping mall with so many makans and shops. Hotel provides free shuttle service to Kidzania, KLCC, Sunway...... Good place to nuah w/o need to drive around the crazy traffic. Night time got many KPMG gals to google when they pang kang eat dinner at the mall. [laugh]

Ya. One World hotel is good. Below is shopping and also very near to The Curve (Kidzania). 10 to 15 mins drive.
  • Praise 1

Ya. One World hotel is good. Below is shopping and also very near to The Curve (Kidzania). 10 to 15 mins drive.

yes that hotel has nice room, nice facilities, nice location and priced well attractive. carpark also safe and direct access to mall 

stayed there twice and will consider stay there again if i go KL

• Praise 1

(edited)

I brought my kids to Kidzania KL when they were 9 and 4 years old. That trip we went 5D4N. 2 nites in KL and 2 nites in Genting.

If you are thinking of dropping by Malacca and going for farm stay. I would like to suggest:

Day 1 - SIN to KL

Day 2 - Kidzania

Day 3 - KL to Malacca

Day 4 - Malacca to UK Agro Farm Kluang Farm stay

Day 5 - Kluang to SIN

I always make sure my kids have sufficent sleep during the trip. 1st day sure v tired cos wake up v early. We usually eat, sleep and shopping on 1st day.

My kids like the farm stay in Kluang. We took the package which includes meals, accommodation and activities.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not worried my kids not enough sleep cos they just sleep in the car, but more like I not enough sleep cos i'm the driver lol  [laugh]

Honestly, i'd rather go farmstay in TW or Australia. local weather just damn hot lol. Indoors is best for June.

I'm just going Farm in the City which is short and sweet.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Attending a wedding in Sunway Pyramid. Besides the water theme park, what else can we do there?? Any good food within walking distance?

One World Hotel @ One Utama with pool. Head downstair is big shopping mall with so many makans and shops. Hotel provides free shuttle service to Kidzania, KLCC, Sunway...... Good place to nuah w/o need to drive around the crazy traffic. Night time got many KPMG gals to google when they pang kang eat dinner at the mall. [laugh]

I find those KPMG girls good looking but very calculative.

:D

• Praise 1

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not worried my kids not enough sleep cos they just sleep in the car, but more like I not enough sleep cos i'm the driver lol [laugh]

Honestly, i'd rather go farmstay in TW or Australia. local weather just damn hot lol. Indoors is best for June.

I'm just going Farm in the City which is short and sweet.

Please go Msia and disturb that Dr M by using up all their water.

Please shower every day drink as much water in the swimming pool as possible and eat all the water foods like ice kachange and chendol.

(edited)

For me, KL / PJ area too crowded and heavy traffic to relax. Unless you like staycation kind of indoor holiday.

My kind of holiday for kids is more nature or kampung since SG already not much and no big mountains.

Near KL/PJ there's Pulau Ketam opposite Klang. Whole island got no motor cars and a traditional fishing village.

There's also Sekinchan north in Selangor to visit padi fields. Let the kids know how rice is grown.

Both day trips in Klang Valley area.

Honestly if i want to do these type of farmstay type of stuff, i'd rather go taiwan in november when it's not so hot and humid. And there's a more educational slant.

All these stuff i've been there and done that. Even then as a primary school kid, i felt it's boring.

Which of u guys actually stayed in a real indonesian kampung over waterfront? Pee and poop straight into the water below.

I did... And yes it's interesting as in out of comfort zone but really nothing much to do lah.

Outdoorsy stuff beyond parks in tropical climate i feel is waste time. If i want to see mountains/lakes etc, i'll go overseas.

walking across a padi field can be an experience ... but really not very fun lah lol.

Edited by Lala81

maybe if kids are stressed out over school life or need to recharge, then do all this nuah nuah type of village life stuff then ok lor.

But not really for young kids, who just want to play and play lol

(edited)

Tropical rainforest is got tropical rainforest kind of feeling. Temperate forest is got temperate forest kind of feeling. I've done both with my kids.

Hiking in tropical rainforest you can wear very light and there's always a lot of shade. In cold forest, you wear a bit more heavy clothing (or invest in very light high tech sports wear) and trees are not so dense, air usually more dry.

Rivers in the tropics are always nice and warm, can swim inside, can sail, can wake board, can kayak, etc. anytime but not the same in cold places where the water may be freezing cold. That's why many AMTK come here happy like f*ck, can do water sports every week.

But then again, your kids may be too young to appreciate it. 

i went taman negara in 2001. Haha it's an ok experience, hot and humid. Sweat buckets climbing up the hill.

but yeah i think walking around macritchie is good enough to simulate haha 

yeah i don't bring them to the trails in sg also cos they won't appreciate it. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1