Huawei New P30 & P30 Pro

steveluv

Turbocharged

Now trying to decide between S10 or P30.

Or S10e because I want smaller.

But I probably don't want to keep the phone for long term.

Also headache trying to compare telco offerings... under CIS or recontract may be actually cheaper than $18 with Circles, but contracts suck

↡ Advertisement

Redmi note 7 is good price, for similar performance a 4+64 can get under $300 for export. Or similar price range under $370 for export, can get the Redmi Note 7 Pro edition, comes with a newer snapdragon 675, 6 + 128. Camera for both is 48mp, f1.8 dual cam.

Export sets are considered rooted.

I'm not sure if will affect Internet banking apps. Especially those with fingerprint sensors etc.

Now trying to decide between S10 or P30.

Or S10e because I want smaller.

But I probably don't want to keep the phone for long term.

Also headache trying to compare telco offerings... under CIS or recontract may be actually cheaper than $18 with Circles, but contracts suck

If u want to trade in or sell the phone, i think a Samsung is still easier to trade in or resell.

I'm not sure if will affect Internet banking apps. Especially those with fingerprint sensors etc.

If u want to trade in or sell the phone, i think a Samsung is still easier to trade in or resell.

My most recent experience in Feb showed that now those Far East shops take huawei in higher than apple....in the past i always sign my line to take apple phone and resell to the shop and buy the actual (android) phone that i want. This year is the first time i didn't buy apple phone. My "profit" from selling the huawei (M20P) was about $50 more than if i had gotten apple XS...

Supercharged

My most recent experience in Feb showed that now those Far East shops take huawei in higher than apple....in the past i always sign my line to take apple phone and resell to the shop and buy the actual (android) phone that i want. This year is the first time i didn't buy apple phone. My "profit" from selling the huawei (M20P) was about $50 more than if i had gotten apple XS...

Prices for new android phone buy back still ok.. but resale prices of used Android phones are not as good as apple.. If intend to use for 1-2 years then sell.. iphone would have the least depreciation.. 

From what I read over at other forums, you don't get rooted phones like in the past.  Now for export sets, you either get a china rom or a global rom. Problem with China rom is it doesn't come with playstore. But there are ways to install it. Also read things aren't as smooth. Global ROM would be better since it come with official playstore like our local set. 

Anyway Note 7 is officially going to be release in Singapore on 20th april. Pricing is still cheaper that Huawei P30 lite. Official 4+128 is $369.. Can get cheaper on the street.

• Praise 1

From what I read over at other forums, you don't get rooted phones like in the past. Now for export sets, you either get a china rom or a global rom. Problem with China rom is it doesn't come with playstore. But there are ways to install it. Also read things aren't as smooth. Global ROM would be better since it come with official playstore like our local set.

Anyway Note 7 is officially going to be release in Singapore on 20th april. Pricing is still cheaper that Huawei P30 lite. Official 4+128 is $369.. Can get cheaper on the street.

The sellers who sell Export sets can be China rom flashed over to global rom. Once it was an original China set that has been flashed to global rom, your phone is considered "rooted".

Depending on country of origin? India vs China.

That's why I bought my wife mi8 local set.

This is brand new resell to shops.

I'm saying that there's just more demand for 2nd hand Samsung phones.

If u take a p20pro vs s9+ (which is what i own), which is both one year old, the resale value is higher.

But the mate20p is priced even higher, I'm not sure it will translate to the same retaining in value one year down.

This is brand new resell to shops.

I'm saying that there's just more demand for 2nd hand Samsung phones.

If u take a p20pro vs s9+ (which is what i own), which is both one year old, the resale value is higher.

But the mate20p is priced even higher, I'm not sure it will translate to the same retaining in value one year down.

I see. I always use brand new sell back price as a gauge cos when it comes to used sets there are too many variables (age, warranty, condition, full original accessories, etc.) to have a clear cut apple to apple comparison. 

I see. I always use brand new sell back price as a gauge cos when it comes to used sets there are too many variables (age, warranty, condition, full original accessories, etc.) to have a clear cut apple to apple comparison. 

for resale value, should use the 1 year old resale price as comparison. Apple is always very high, the rest of the brands CMI but Samsung maybe slightly better.

Turbocharged

I prefer the One UI a lot more too as a whole. Though Huawei gets stuff like the extra notification pulldown button in navigation bar correct.

So I think I will go for the S10 especially since I am not thinking about the long haul.

The right phone for me hasn't come yet.

Edited by 7hm

From what I read over at other forums, you don't get rooted phones like in the past.  Now for export sets, you either get a china rom or a global rom. Problem with China rom is it doesn't come with playstore. But there are ways to install it. Also read things aren't as smooth. Global ROM would be better since it come with official playstore like our local set. 

Thanks, will keep a look out on xiaomi official store on 20 April.

Some shops on Shopee are already selling Note 7 but for Xiaomi phones I prefer to buy the local sets.

The P30 lite is off my list already.  [:p]

Twincharged

all this hype about the p30pro will die off once they release the mate30pro .... then the vicious cycle starts all over again ...

hard to keep up with technology.

Thanks, will keep a look out on xiaomi official store on 20 April.

Some shops on Shopee are already selling Note 7 but for Xiaomi phones I prefer to buy the local sets.

The P30 lite is off my list already. [:p]

Also can consider the Samsung A50 at this price range. I got the lower end A30 for my wife. Aesthethic wise, a nicer looking phone than my Pocophone. The Oled screen also alot better to look at.

I am confuse with Huawei model series.

So Pro or Mate series which is higher model?

P30 Pro and future mate30 pro?

↡ Advertisement