Mazda CX-30

Stratovarius

Don’t see why need to have a model between cx3 n cx5 n the rear looks as tight as the cx3. That said car looks great as always with most mazdas

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Don’t see why need to have a model between cx3 n cx5 n the rear looks as tight as the cx3. That said car looks great as always with most mazdas

• Praise 1

It is odd that other makers can make so much room out from the same wheelbase or shorter ones even, like the Jazz and City. Mazda certainly need to improve on the interior packaging. Style wise, Mazda certainly got it right

• Praise 1

Dont think car with cramp rear would sell well?!

Just my opinion only but I believe it’s a valid opinion as I know of several buyers of SUVs n sometimes even Crossovers n more often than not, they value space other than the height. If u go to the CX3 thread, u can see a lot of posts bemoaning the lack of rear space as the reason potential buyers got turned off cos the price n shape of the CX3 is largely acceptable.

Likewise, the premium Lexus UX had the same comment.

• Praise 7

Dont think car with cramp rear would sell well?!

From the video, the guy is 1.78m. Sitting at the rear seems okay if you are not too tall or big size?

But I like the front and rear design. Always have a soft spot for 3D lights.

• Praise 1

It is odd that other makers can make so much room out from the same wheelbase or shorter ones even, like the Jazz and City. Mazda certainly need to improve on the interior packaging. Style wise, Mazda certainly got it right

Speaking of rear space. I recall Nissan Qashqai despite a reasonable wheelbase figure, it doesn't feel that spacious at the rear either.

It's because of the AWD option. Once any car maker make AWD as one of the options for their SUV range they have to make space for the rear axle. And dan there's the rear suspension setup and the fuel tank...all these add up that will take up a lot of rear space leaving the rear seating position and space limited.

Mazda cx range as you see the design is more hatchback on stilts. It's not an SUV that's design from the ground up or design from scratch. That make do with what they already have and raise the ride height, squeeze in the rear axle, AWD transmission shaft and AWD gb underneath.  Now you know why when even the wheelbase increase in length but the rear seat space is still so cramp. If they were to increase some more length the car will enter into the next segment or category.  That's how they make money by maintaining the wheelbase they can create series 3,4,5 to 10 and sell loads of cars.

Supersonic

Just my opinion only but I believe itâs a valid opinion as I know of several buyers of SUVs n sometimes even Crossovers n more often than not, they value space other than the height. If u go to the CX3 thread, u can see a lot of posts bemoaning the lack of rear space as the reason potential buyers got turned off cos the price n shape of the CX3 is largely acceptable.

Likewise, the premium Lexus UX had the same comment.

Maybe not only CX3 has cramp interior, for some sedan like mazda 2 and 3, rear space also quite cramp.

(edited)

Maybe not only CX3 has cramp interior, for some sedan like mazda 2 and 3, rear space also quite cramp.

If they are coming from the same platform, you know lah.

I doubt it will change. If they increase wheelbase length, all other models have to increase as well or else some models will have similar wheelbase. It will only increase their cost of production.

That's why sedan purist hate SUVs. They are not exactly SUVs especially those that are 2WD. The electronic AWD system do not let you have manual options. It's not exactly full time awd. It's more on looks and trend. May be why some car makers are hesitant initially when the trend began. They came in late into such segments.

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic

If they are coming from the same platform, you know lah.

I doubt it will change. If they increase wheelbase length, all other models have to increase as well or else some models will have similar wheelbase. It will only increase their cost of production.

That's why sedan purist hate SUVs. They are not exactly SUVs especially those that are 2WD. The electronic AWD system do not let you have manual options. It's not exactly full time awd. It's more on looks and trend. May be why some car makers are hesitant initially when the trend began. They came in late into such segments.

Still don’t understand why mazda produce cramp interior cars?
↡ Advertisement