Mazda CX-30

Stratovarius

3 hours ago, GolfAlot88 said:

Hey @Tanuki16, 
Electric TailGate can be adjust by clicking the tailgate button once to stop at the desired height, then press and hold to set memory.

Next,
If able, should consider the Luxury Trim as mentioned by one other member, there are a couple of differences for both trims; 
=
1) Sunroof - good the have, and it also makes the cabin feel bigger (could be a psychological thing; idk)
2) Bose Package - This one imho is worth it, given that the cabin is really quiet, the bose system really brings out a different level of experience.
3) 2 Tone trimming - personally feel that the brown tone looks really good compared to the blue.
4) 18" Rims - this one personally i feel that 16" might be better as 18" stiffens the ride quality
5) Paddle Shifters - nice to have
6) Electric and Memory Seat - For me is a must have...
7)  further to that, a list of other additional features on the Luxury Trim ... which i've found useful and worth every penny... 
image.png.cc2d6ceb29f410245665087adbc3614c.png

This is my first time experiencing the Cruising and Traffic support; very very interesting and smart engineering...  also the Lane-keep assist and Driver Monitoring system has been rather helpful on several occasions... 
=
That said, its different strokes for different folks... 

How does the cruising and traffic support work?

Also, how is the driver monitoring system different from the driver attention alert?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

I would like to check is the cx30 rear seat back rest designed at near 90 degree uptight? Comfy for long distance? Height below 170cm comfy  at the rear?

Hey @Kopites 

Rear seat are inclined sufficiently to not feel uncomfortable. 

I'm 175cm, the rear cabin good for 2 adults, though they may find the headroom and knee room slightly more compact than other SUVs... 

I've tried being on the road for 2hrs doing errands etc, kids and Mrs enjoyed the ride. I haven't tried ferrying 2 adults in the rear yet, but I would presume 4 adults may be stretching the comfort for for longer distance rides (e.g. NSHW to KL/Penang)

For shorter distances not more than 50km, should do the job fairly well. 

Hope this helps...

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, GolfAlot88 said:

Hey @Kopites 

Rear seat are inclined sufficiently to not feel uncomfortable. 

I'm 175cm, the rear cabin good for 2 adults, though they may find the headroom and knee room slightly more compact than other SUVs... 

I've tried being on the road for 2hrs doing errands etc, kids and Mrs enjoyed the ride. I haven't tried ferrying 2 adults in the rear yet, but I would presume 4 adults may be stretching the comfort for for longer distance rides (e.g. NSHW to KL/Penang)

For shorter distances not more than 50km, should do the job fairly well. 

Hope this helps...

Thanks.

So your ride come with MRCC?

Is there any default speed limit where this sys will be disable? I saw the Taiwan version the speed limit at 55km/h.

31 minutes ago, Tanuki16 said:

How does the cruising and traffic support work?

Also, how is the driver monitoring system different from the driver attention alert?

Thanks!

For Driver monitoring system, there is a camera on the right hand corner of the infotainment screen, it captures the drivers facial and retina behavior and senses when you are overly fatigued, the car will prompt you to stop driving. 

Driver attention is for when your eyes are off the roads for prolonged duration, e.g. operating the infotainment system etc.. the car will 🔒 the infotainment system for 10s so that forces you to keep your eyes on the road. 

-----

Cruising and traffic assistance buttons are located on the steering column, allows you set the car to auto-manage throttle while keeping a distance from the car in front, you can set the following distance, the shortest being 3 car length, longest Abt 8 based on my estimation (I could be wrong on facts) 

I've played around with it, really interesting, you just need to lightly steer the vehicle to maintain a safe driving distance from the car ahead, while the system manages the brakes and throttle. 

---

Hope this helps! 👌🏻

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Thanks.

So your ride come with MRCC?

Is there any default speed limit where this sys will be disable? I saw the Taiwan version the speed limit at 55km/h.

Haven't tried the MRCC stop & go function in heavy traffic yet. 

But for normal traffic @ higher speed no problems from 20km/h thru 100km/h 

If the car in front is driving at 70km/h for example... The MRCC will keep the speed at 70km/h until the lane is clear then it will throttle up to 100km/h 

If a vehicle cuts into the lane, MRCC will slow down to maintain distance before throttling to match the speed within the driver set limit.

Have not tried MRCC for speeds above 100km/h yet.

---

Personal experience though when there are errant road users, the safety system will trigger a couple of alerts so the driver will be very clear and aware of his/her surrounding. 

That said... There is a button on the right dash panel that allows to deactivate all safety systems, if you're feeling vexed after a bad day at work and just want the system to cut some slag... (Or you could just lower the volume of the safety alerts via the infotainment system > vehicle setting)

Edited by GolfAlot88
Add on
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, GolfAlot88 said:

Haven't tried the MRCC stop & go function in heavy traffic yet. 

But for normal traffic @ higher speed no problems from 20km/h thru 100km/h 

Ok thanks.

25 minutes ago, GolfAlot88 said:

For Driver monitoring system, there is a camera on the right hand corner of the infotainment screen, it captures the drivers facial and retina behavior and senses when you are overly fatigued, the car will prompt you to stop driving. 

Driver attention is for when your eyes are off the roads for prolonged duration, e.g. operating the infotainment system etc.. the car will 🔒 the infotainment system for 10s so that forces you to keep your eyes on the road. 

-----

Cruising and traffic assistance buttons are located on the steering column, allows you set the car to auto-manage throttle while keeping a distance from the car in front, you can set the following distance, the shortest being 3 car length, longest Abt 8 based on my estimation (I could be wrong on facts) 

I've played around with it, really interesting, you just need to lightly steer the vehicle to maintain a safe driving distance from the car ahead, while the system manages the brakes and throttle. 

---

Hope this helps! 👌🏻

Thanks! I am still puzzled how is the Cruising and Traffic assistance different from the cruise control and MRCC since these are indicated separately on the spec sheet. Seems like they all do the same thing to me, albeit with some differences. 

35 minutes ago, Tanuki16 said:

Thanks! I am still puzzled how is the Cruising and Traffic assistance different from the cruise control and MRCC since these are indicated separately on the spec sheet. Seems like they all do the same thing to me, albeit with some differences. 

Some chatter about this which can be found here... (I stand corrected on some facts )

https://www.cx30talk.com/threads/mazda-cts-mrcc-questions.498/

Also there's a video on this (but on the Mazda 3) by YSKhong some time back.

• Praise 2

Can i check with owners here, what freebies or deals did you get along with your CX30?

And if you do trade in, how was the quote from TEK?

Thanks.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, Tanuki16 said:

Can i check with owners here, what freebies or deals did you get along with your CX30?

And if you do trade in, how was the quote from TEK?

Thanks.

@Tanuki16 

Car cameras 2-channel, floor mats.

Neutral Newbie
On 4/21/2021 at 10:21 AM, DOBIEMKZ said:

@Tanuki16 

Car cameras 2-channel, floor mats.

The list price is abt 130k for Luxury... Could you please pm me how much discount I can ask for? Thanks a lot!

23 minutes ago, aileen80 said:

The list price is abt 130k for Luxury... Could you please pm me how much discount I can ask for? Thanks a lot!

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

30 minutes ago, aileen80 said:

I've PMed to you.

Have anyone drive in Manual mode and hold gear at high rpm or near redline, and did the transmission auto upshift after a certain time?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, am keen on the CX-30 and saw that Mazda is running a promo on demo units now.

Could i gather some advice from the folks here on the max discounts that i can bargain for and a good sales person that you would recommend? 

Thanks all!! 

19 hours ago, Raiken said:

Hi, am keen on the CX-30 and saw that Mazda is running a promo on demo units now.

Could i gather some advice from the folks here on the max discounts that i can bargain for and a good sales person that you would recommend? 

Thanks all!! 

19 hours ago, Raiken said:

Thanks all!! 

Halo,

PM a message to you alrdy. [:)]

↡ Advertisement