Mazda CX-30

Stratovarius

Don’t see why need to have a model between cx3 n cx5 n the rear looks as tight as the cx3. That said car looks great as always with most mazdas

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If they are coming from the same platform, you know lah.

I doubt it will change. If they increase wheelbase length, all other models have to increase as well or else some models will have similar wheelbase. It will only increase their cost of production.

That's why sedan purist hate SUVs. They are not exactly SUVs especially those that are 2WD. The electronic AWD system do not let you have manual options. It's not exactly full time awd. It's more on looks and trend. May be why some car makers are hesitant initially when the trend began. They came in late into such segments.

But "true" 4WD vehicles are pointless in SG, where we spend most of our time on nicely paved roads.

In fact, locking the wheels into 4WD manually when driving on high-traction surfaces (such as roads) if the system doesn't allow for differential spin rates of the inner and outer wheels will result in you breaking something expensive with you corner.

In fact, most of the "SUVs" you see in SG aren't the real "hardcore" SUVs that are capable of true all-terrain travel, simply because our roads don't call for such engineering.

• Praise 1

This car will definitely not sell well here because TEK will price it until it makes no sense to buy it. But it might be a success in other countries.

They cant possibly price it above CX-5?

Saw this car at the Motorshow, looks good but pricey.

$114k for the base model, $119k for the elegance and $129k for the Luxury after giving $9k off list price.

• Praise 5

15 minutes ago, Spring said:

$114k for the base model, $119k for the elegance and $129k for the Luxury after giving $9k off list price.

Can do $121k for the Lux model if you are really keen.

But the price is just $5000 difference from the CX5 Premium. But CX30 active safety features are full suite as compared to CX5.. CX5 lacking lane departure warning, AEB, rear traffic warning. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Can do $121k for the Lux model if you are really keen.

But the price is just $5000 difference from the CX5 Premium. But CX30 active safety features are full suite as compared to CX5.. CX5 lacking lane departure warning, AEB, rear traffic warning. 

I think u can get another $4k of if you forego some warranty and servicing and another $2k off if you trade in so lowest I think is $123k+ at best. Yes the luxury model has full suite of safety features[thumbsup]

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

I think u can get another $4k of if you forego some warranty and servicing and another $2k off if you trade in so lowest I think is $123k+ at best. Yes the luxury model has full suite of safety features[thumbsup]

Forgo warranty as in it becomes 3 years?  Wonder if they will be bringing in the skyactive X engine.

15 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Forgo warranty as in it becomes 3 years?  Wonder if they will be bringing in the skyactive X engine.

I think the $4k is to forego 2+2 ie becomes 3yr warranty and 3yr free svc.

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Still the price is too high to compete in this crowded category. Vezel, QQ remain as much better value propositions.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Spring said:

My impression on Mazda cars are always pricey. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

Still the price is too high to compete in this crowded category. Vezel, QQ remain as much better value propositions.

Guess if people are to pay such pricing to buy CX-30, most people might rather consider forester.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Guess if people are to pay such pricing to buy CX-30, most people might rather consider forester.

TEK need to strip the car down and price it correctly, otherwise pointless.

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

My impression on Mazda cars are always pricey. [rolleyes]

Yes they are in general but if u are on their SE list, they do offer substantial discounts now and then so I think trick is to get on their list but it will be an offer for 1-2 days at most so u shld be ready to commit if the offer does come along. Think the Mz3 elegance model went for low $90k 1 month+ back when the Altis was soft launched.

That said, CX-30 being new model I doubt if there will be extra discounts till much later. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Rickster said:

Nope TEK always offer 3 yrs warranty for all their Mazda. 

You can only bargain for the free svcs part of the deal only. 

Always take out free svcs. It is much cheaper to svcs outside and u can have full control of what parts and consumables to go into your CX30

Seems like Skyactiv X is running into some issues that prevented Mazda from doing mass deployment. 

Even North America Mazda doesn't have Skyactiv X engines... so it cannot be due to cost factor in SG la. 

The latest Skyactiv G has dual fuel injectors in each cyln... one for DI, one for port injection. 

43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Can the Forester, Nissan QQ and Vezel even come close to the CX30 in terms of absolute design and build quality and refinement? Not by a long shot.

These competitors only wins in cabin and cargo space.

27 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

TEK need to strip the car down and price it correctly, otherwise pointless.

Mazda is giving customers who preferred everything including the kitchen sink to be included in the car, and of cos, absolute refinement, design, driveabiity as main points. 

You can always choose a Toyota or Nissan in SG if paying big bucks for an empty shell with outdated engines is your cup of tea. Downgrade to your competitor levels is not going to make you stand out among your competitors...

↡ Advertisement