Mazda CX-30

Stratovarius

On 2/13/2020 at 7:43 PM, ferrytales said:

120k can get mercs gla180 from PI. 

Ppl see u driving mercs also up level. 

i rather not up level then to be exposed driving a barebones base level car that is a same as a rental vehicle.. 

go big or go home sua. GLA45 😉

Edited by louisbosco

56 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

i rather not up level then to be exposed driving a barebones base level car that is a same as a rental vehicle.. 

go big or go home sua. GLA45 😉

No one would know if your car is barebone or not. 😂

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No one would know if your car is barebone or not. 😂

singaporeans nowadays getting more kaypoh. nothing to do go carpark walk walk see see. 😂

small screen means no entertainment upgrade, halogen headlights means no vision pack, round steering wheel means no amg pack..

On 2/15/2020 at 9:56 PM, Hamburger said:

Only CX9 can be called big. 

But its big on the outside only. Useable cabin space is still lesser than other full size SUVs eg Jeep Grand Cherokee or Audi Q7 or even Fortuner. 

Its a given that Mazda products are quite crapped inside, model for model. They excel in absolute build quality, design, refinement and handling, ride quality. But spacious cabin is not one of them la. Engine power is also not one of their strong suit, save for maybe Skyactiv X. Don't you find the CX30 acceleration being very modest by today's standards? For such a small car and the Skyactiv G 2L, its still required 9.7s to hit 100... 

Tuscon 1.6T can do it in 8.7 if not faster. 

9 hours ago, louisbosco said:

singaporeans nowadays getting more kaypoh. nothing to do go carpark walk walk see see. 😂

small screen means no entertainment upgrade, halogen headlights means no vision pack, round steering wheel means no amg pack..

Nevermind la even those kaypoh go round carpark walk walk see see, even they know this car is barebone but they dont know you lo, so doesnt matter at all. As long as yourself happy with your car can liao.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

But its big on the outside only. Useable cabin space is still lesser than other full size SUVs eg Jeep Grand Cherokee or Audi Q7 or even Fortuner. 

Its a given that Mazda products are quite crapped inside, model for model. They excel in absolute build quality, design, refinement and handling, ride quality. But spacious cabin is not one of them la. Engine power is also not one of their strong suit, save for maybe Skyactiv X. Don't you find the CX30 acceleration being very modest by today's standards? For such a small car and the Skyactiv G 2L, its still required 9.7s to hit 100... 

Tuscon 1.6T can do it in 8.7 if not faster. 

I don't think it's fair to compare a turbo car v NA car.

• Praise 4

On 2/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, flashbang said:

I saw this car on the road recently, had to do a double take to figure out what it is. I thought CX-3 and CX-5 enough liao, how come spawn another model in between. At this rate, Mazda will soon have a CX-50..

Not only you I guess. When I saw the youtube reviews the journalists were not so kind as well. Many simply put it as the "lifted" Mzd3. As in the raised ride height of a hatchback Mzd3 with a lot of plastic cladding all round. Not my words.

Most reviewed the engine option is the Skyactive G 2.5L NA. I dunno what the local AD is bringing but can tell from the comments it's not exciting. Can confirm the money goes into the luxury interior and it's not even a luxury brand. I dunno how the brand position itself but I'm not going to care. Cos the buyers here will just mostly look at price. They dont really care if it has no power or how it handles. They just drive at their 60km/hr all year round.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Not only you I guess. When I saw the youtube reviews the journalists were not so kind as well. Many simply put it as the "lifted" Mzd3. As in the raised ride height of a hatchback Mzd3 with a lot of plastic cladding all round. Not my words.

Most reviewed the engine option is the Skyactive G 2.5L NA. I dunno what the local AD is bringing but can tell from the comments it's not exciting. Can confirm the money goes into the luxury interior and it's not even a luxury brand. I dunno how the brand position itself but I'm not going to care. Cos the buyers here will just mostly look at price. They dont really care if it has no power or how it handles. They just drive at their 60km/hr all year round.

It is common for ''lifted'' hatchback now and they are called cross-over suv. Lol.

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is common for ''lifted'' hatchback now and they are called cross-over suv. Lol.

Is it common? If we look at the direct rivals like the Vezel/HRV and CH-R, do they look like their "lifted" brethren?  

The Vezel dont look like a "lifted" Jazz or Shuttle. The CH-R dont look like a "lifted" Yaris or Auris. 

I dont think it's common.

Edited by Watwheels

3 hours ago, flashbang said:

CX30 looks like a lifted CX3. Plus we surely get a 1.6 NA instead of the other advanced engines available overseas.

What are u talking about bro? CX30 is already on sale in SG and it comes with the corp. Skyactiv G 2L as found in the CX5, Mazda 6...

Do check out the car in person first b4 firing blanks... And Mazda does not have a NA 1.6L in its current lineup. 

3 hours ago, flashbang said:

CX30 looks like a lifted CX3. Plus we surely get a 1.6 NA instead of the other advanced engines available overseas.

I think since the CX-3 is already getting the 2.0 NA, that should be the minimum.

rtdscx.JPG

Edited by andrewyewkc

I think ultimately get a car that fits your needs.

Do you need a crossover/ SUV vs a sedan? Consider the hip level of the seats and ease of ingress/ egress if you ferry elderly parents/ grandparents on a regular basis. In general, a sedan of the same size/ category almost always costs less than a crossover/ SUV.

Do you need [insert X feature here]? Pay only for features that you will need/ want. Anything else is wasted. This is highly subjective because each individual's needs and wants are different. To me, air-con seats are a must-have because I park in open air carpark under hot sun. But to a bro who has luxury of parking in covered car park all the time, this may not matter so much.

Do you really need an automatic tailgate? Is nice to have, but bear in mind the low ceilings of some of our multi-storey carparks here, some of the automatic tailgates aren't very clever, causing the lower part of the boot panel to hit the ceiling.

There's no perfect car, only the best compromise for your needs/ wants.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

I think since the CX-3 is already getting the 2.0 NA, that should be the minimum.

rtdscx.JPG

That price list is not accurate. See here.

Dear Valued Customer

HSBC Golf Event Special Reserve Car Promo, Win Your Dream Mazda 

M2 1.5 HB Std : $67,888^
M2 1.5 HB Del :   $75,888
M2 1.5 Sdn Plus: $71,888^
M3 1.5 Sdn Classic :  $86,888^
M3 1.5 Sdn Elegance :  $  93,888
M3 1.5 Sdn Astina  :      $100,888
M3 1.5 HB Elegance :    $100,888
M3 1.5 HB Astina    :      $107,888
M6 2.0 :  $ 99,888 (Std)
M6 2.0 :   $105,888 (Exec)
M6 2.5 :   $120,888 (Prem)
M6 2.5 :   $136,888 Wgn(Lux)

CX-3 2.0 : $ 83,888 (Std)
CX-3 2.0 : $ 89,888 (Del)
CX-5 2.0: $104,888^(Entry)
CX-5 2.0 :$110,888 (Std)
CX-5 2.0 :$121,888 (Prem)
CX-9 2.5 :$169,888•(2WD)

MX-5 2.0 :$179,888 (W/O Coe )
30th Anniversary Edition

*All New CX-30 *
Classic    - $103,888
Elegance - $108,888
Luxury.     - $118,888

FOC item
*3yr / 100000km warranty
*3yr / 60000km Free Servicing (Except M2 & CX-3 - 1yr / 20000Km)

*Rikecool Solar Film 
*2 channel recording camera
*Mazda Dezire Program
(For M6, CX-5, CX-9 & MX5)
*Interest rate 1.99%

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1