Mazda CX-30

Stratovarius

On 10/26/2020 at 1:11 PM, Spring said:

How come access is easier in cx5? I thought same height n also legroom shld be about there?

Test driven the CX-30 with my bro last week while car hunting.

The CX-30 has a very low roofline vs the CX-5, thus need to bend a little to get in without hitting your head. In fact, the rear of the CX-30 is very claustrophobic due to the very low roofline for a SUV like vehicle. The leg room is not fantastic, I can only slot 5 fingers between my knee and the seat in front when adjusted to my sitting position. I'm 1.75 m for reference.

Just for comparison sake, I brought along a measuring tape. I measured the internal rear width of the HRV to be 1.28m (from door handle to door handle). The CX-30 measures 1.33m (measurements, give and take +/- 1 cm), so it's much wider, but yet it feels so much more claustrophobic vs the HRV. Headroom + knee room does wonders.

But lookswise, the CX-30 is perhaps the sharpest looking SUV/crossover in the market now.

Edited by Rickster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Wonder got any buyers or not.

Probably testing out the sky activ x market.... if response is good, they may bring in the Mazda 3 and 6 sky activ x version.. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
On 12/18/2020 at 2:30 PM, Westin said:

Wonder got any buyers or not.

Probably testing out the sky activ x market.... if response is good, they may bring in the Mazda 3 and 6 sky activ x version.. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12792

Currently going at 150K, I will consider Mazda 6 instead. 🤣

But yah, the Mazda 6 still on the Skyactiv-G.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, I have 1 set of brand new rain visor for cx-30 to let go.

Bought but don't really like to have it on my cx-30

PM me if u are interested with ur offering

• Praise 1

On 1/15/2021 at 5:32 PM, andrewyewkc said:

I wonder what kind/type of people will buy this car at 150k ?

Maybe for fanatics? I have no idea how much better the SkyActiv X version is compared to the G version. I feel that the G version is already quite impressive (I am driving one now). The price is too much to pay for different engine and 100th anniversary frills.

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Yapcc said:

Maybe for fanatics? I have no idea how much better the SkyActiv X version is compared to the G version. I feel that the G version is already quite impressive (I am driving one now). The price is too much to pay for different engine and 100th anniversary frills.

Agree, Skyactiv G is already excellent, the amount of fuel savings from x is supposed to be 20-30% but I see the X is no longer on Mazda's latest pricelist.

• Praise 1

On 1/15/2021 at 5:32 PM, andrewyewkc said:

I wonder what kind/type of people will buy this car at 150k ?

For people who likes the looks of this car? Maybe for the bragging rights of being the first few adopters of Skyactiv-X 😁

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

Agree, Skyactiv G is already excellent, the amount of fuel savings from x is supposed to be 20-30% but I see the X is no longer on Mazda's latest pricelist.

Yes, The G is already quite impressive for a non-hybrid car.

The supposed fuel savings from the X is effectively cancelled out by the price 🤣.

Just saw some reviews, the 20-30% seems to be on the optimistic side. In real world driving in Singapore, likely to be a lot lesser.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Wait. Torsion beam for the rear? 

Could it be a typo mistake? 150K family car with torsion beam sounds absurd to me.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Rickster said:

Could it be a typo mistake? 150K family car with torsion beam sounds absurd to me.

The Mazda 3 and cx30 are on the new rear torsion beam setup. Many kpkb the mazda 3 already when it was launched in Japan.

I think most of the cost shift to the very luxurious interior and on the mild hybrid system. Cant have it all in this category. Mazda badge. Not the typical German badge. LoL...

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Torsion beam will work for small light hatchbacks but for cx30 this size and weight I expect something better. My swift sport had torsion beam and it's a pita to do adjustment. 

2 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

You are very sharp! I think this will affect Mazda's superb handling.

dshgkjipo.JPG

Yup. But suv not much handling performance. Lol. I've driven the basic 1.6 honda civic and handling is really good with multilink at the back.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1